Recent content by erpicci

1. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

I'm glad you found it useful! :)
  2. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Hello, thanks for spotting this issue. I updated the code and put appropriate links and credits in the original post. Now windows should be disposed properly. Thank you!
  3. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Hello, sorry to have kept you waiting. Release candidate version 1.1 is available (check the first post), and it now supports setting window opacity via script call, as well as moving and resizing the window. To disable opacity, use this: config = Scene_Text_Config.new config.opacity = 0...
  4. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

There is always room for improvement. I will consider adding some options to modify opacity. I'm quite busy today, so this may take some days, I hope you will understand. PS: Thanks Sixth for your support!
  5. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Hello, yes, this is possible. You can have a script call my text input and store the result in a variable, then you can check the inserted text, for example with conditional branches. The code would result in something like: text = Scene_Text.read("Window Title") if text == "Who are...
  6. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Thank you for using and enjoying this script  :) !
  7. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Thanks for waiting, I updated the original post with the properly formatted code. I also added a link to pastebin. Hope you'll find the script useful  :) !
  8. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Thanks for reporting this issue. I don't know how the code became so messed-up, it looks like all newline characters simply vanished. As soon as I find the original script on my computer, I'll upload it with proper formatting.
  9. erpicci

Seeking translators

I can make an Italian translation, if you're interested. I'm an Italian native speaker, English is my second language and I would be fine with the $50 budget. Should you need more info or my references, please contact me (PM will do).
  10. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Hello! Currently it is not possibile: text is displayed "as it is", so if no newline character is inserted, no newlines are created. A workaround is to insert a dummy character where you want a newline and have a script replace that character with a newline: variable = Scene_Text.read("Tell...
  11. erpicci

Keyboard Text Input

Glad you found this script usefull. About your problem, although you already found a solution, it is worth saying that the easiest way to store a text into a variable is with: # This will put inserted text into variable 1 $game_variables[1] = Scene_Text.read("Tell me something") which...
  12. erpicci

Possible mechanic: offense is the best defense

If I attack some Imperial Guard and hit his arm, then he won't be able to swing his sword properly with his wounded arm in the same turn. Seems legit! Moreover, I could keep on attacking his arm until it "permanently" breaks. But it could be frustrating when enemies do this on you, so I agree...
  13. erpicci

RMAKER in Javascript or Java

Are you talking about having RPG Maker re-written in Java/JavaScript (yet working exactly as it does now, so with RGSS scripts) or about using Java/JavaScript scripts instead of RGSS? In the former case, I wouldn't see much difference, apart from porting on GNU/Linux :D In the latter... well...
  14. erpicci

3D vs 2D vs 2.5D

I think 3D allows to insert some interesting effects in a [RPG] story. I'm not talking about special effects, instead... suppose your character is watching at something from a certain point of view. Then she moves and sees the same thing from a different point of view, this allows her to...
  15. erpicci

is generate dungeon any good?

I usually don't, because when I create a new map (even if it is the humblest dungeon in my game), I always have something in mind. But that's not a general rule, I think it is ok to have some anonymous dungeons in a game, so generated dungeons would do. Everything depends on your tastes and needs.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Going live in 10 for part 2 of Kytt's playthrough of Day of the Tentacle Remastered! Twitch
Been away for awhile, but here's some new free music. This one is kind of weird or experimental and not sure how I'd classify it. But, hopefully someone will find it useful!

I'm working with Excel today, and I just hate VBA so much. It's like the designers said "How can we make a programming language that works as obtusely and inefficiently as possible?"
Beep-Beep-Motha-facka.gif

Just finished and uploaded the delivery truck base/sprite sheet. I've been steadily replacing the default assets with early modern alternatives. The air-ship for a biplane, horse-drawn wagon for a delivery truck, and next a sailboat for a steam-powered passenger liner (think of the SS Olympic and RMS Titanic).
I caught a shiny magikarp on pokemonGO today AND finally saw Detective Pikachu and it was so cute and I'm still so hype AHHHHH!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EidolonDreams