Eschaton
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• How is grinding as a means of trivializing the game's intended difficulty not cheating? ("lol Skyrim is easy if you have 100 sneak!")
    oloimp
    oloimp
    Maybe if the game would otherwise be too hard to beat. Meaning, some grinding IS necessary to make it through without immene difficulties. ?
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I dunno. I think if a game is too hard without cheating (strike) grinding, then maybe it's poorly balanced.
    I...don't like it when someone says a game is easy...as long as they grind. Sounds like it takes cognitive dissonance for that line of reasoning to work.
    NPC
    NPC
    Replaying ff3 (DS), and the grind is STRONG in this one. If you don't grind in the beginning, you die before strategy even comes into play.
    I just want it on the record: single-time encounters with rare once-in-a-lifetime drops are a terrible design choice. Don't encourage your players to save-scum their way through the game.
    Julien Brightside
    Julien Brightside
    You mean like shiny pokemon?
    Psyker
    Psyker
    Reminds me of the Gutsy Bat from Earthbound. Rare weapon (1/128 drop rate) from a rare enemy in the next to last room of the game. Horrible design decision if you ask me.
    The harder you try to hold onto your past is the harder the past tries to hold onto you.
    Why do some people think grinding is fun?
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    ^ Yes
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    No, most Devs are interested in catering to the LCD as it's the widest base of gamers and thus will make the most money. This is why grind is so common. LCD players often don't care about the grind as they'll likely just buy the next game that comes out when they get bored of their current game. The reason why grind largely exists in MMOs is because WoW pretty much made it the standard and everyone is trying to emulate it. It is only grind if it feels like grind. Time is valu...
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Well, I could have told you that. What I was asking is why PLAYERS enjoy it? Or...think they do?
    I would love a script that enables Baldur's Gate/Dragon Age/RTS styled combat. I'm seriously considering forking over the money to commission one.
    CrazyCrab
    CrazyCrab
    All I can say is that you're not the only one ;)

If only I knew more about Ruby...
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Why learn stuff when you can just throw money at the problem?
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Exactly! If you post a commission request, make sure you include a description or a link to a video or something.
    I'm thinking of doing CinemaSins styled videos but for RM games. Anybody ever watch those CinemaSins videos on YouTube?
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    lol go ahead! I've seen them, they're funny lol
    CrazyCrab
    CrazyCrab
    Hmm I think I'd be hilarious - go for it, maybe do a demo episode?
    What is with all the survival horror ERPGs? Did the community just recently discover Sweet Home?
    God, I'm behind on my drinking. I'm buzzed on just one margarita. I'm half-inclined to record a Let's Play of my KOTOR run, but I'd have to actually set everything up.
    I'm thinking I'm going to fire up KOTOR. Light side or Dark side?
    DesperateMeasurez
    DesperateMeasurez
    Dark side for me. Every time. Sometimes I'd start out trying to be a hero and do good, but it never lasted long. The temptation was always too great to have "fun."
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I already beat the game as a "canon" Revan. Might as well try someone else.
    frrrosty
    frrrosty
    I always play dark side. The light side just has so many annoying characters, that I don't even want to be on their side.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.
If anyone wants to Program for me give me a DM, ill pay if i have to!
I made a drawing of Moss
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue: Militibus Elementis Redux starts now! Watch live!

I'm so freaking pissed right now i want to scream and rant and rave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akirra95