Eschaton
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• We could learn from FFX's Blitzball minigame. If you're going to push your allegedly fun and addictive minigame, don't sell it by forcing the player into their first game and then give the first-time player very little chance of winning. An almost guaranteed loss on the first forced instance is going to turn a lot of players off.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Also, the game lets you score as many points as you can in the first half of the game. It's only during the second half of the game that you're "outclassed". A clever player can win it on their first try (I know I did, but I had the Jecht Shot to put me nearly 15 points ahead in the first half). The minigame itself becomes easy as crap once you can hire the Al Bhed goalie. Nobody will ever score against you again.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I'm not saying the game was unwinnable. I'm saying that first game was too hard to get a lot of first-time players to actually want to play Blitzball. And that's poor design.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I haven't played a "well designed" final fantasy game since Final Fantasy 6. I'm not really sure what the complaint is because of that, ha ha.
    Some aspects of FFX are really showing their age. For example, going to a new area should never force the player to advance the plot and forego loot and exploration...
    Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    That is one thing I hated with all the disc-based FF's: if there was something special on one disk you could find, progressing the game to the next disc usually meant you'd forego it. It was never clear in any way what would be lost forever, even when the area was still visitable...
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    In hindsight, the game should have been cel-shaded. Is buy a new FF console game if it were cel shaded alone.
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Cel-shading in a FF game would be AMAZING. Of course this would require focus aiming on a certain group of gamers rather then everyone and their grandmother. This is not the SE way.
    I don't care if I'm on a diet, it is time for some chicken and waffles! Also, I wrote my ending.
    Deleted
    Well done... I mean on the ending, not on the chicken and waffles, although they do sound nice :D
    I caved and bought the FFX bundle. Looks and sounds gorgeous, but a little upset that I still can't skip cutscenes or manipulate the camera.
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    They changed the music. I don't like the new music as much. :<
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    I'd say I like the changes and the original score equally.
    What did people think of tactically controlling multiple parties like on FFVI?
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    I loved it honestly, but I have to say I've noticed I'm usually in a minority for that. My game was going to be like that, switching between several groups until I realized how many people screamed 'I'd never play that' just on the basis of that feature...
    Thalzon
    Thalzon
    I like it, especially when puzzles are factored into it.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I liked it, but during some of the times the game made you do it, the parties were wildly unbalanced because some of the chars didn't get "powered up" until much later.
    Dammit, Sony, why do I have to buy them together? I am not now, nor will I ever be interested in playing let alone owning Final Fantasy X-2. When you split the package...then you'll have my permission to...have my money.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Well, I would figure anyone who felt the need to talk about steak and whiskey as much as you would be sensitive to whether people thought he was manly enough just because he was playing a campy Charlie's Angelesque game.
    Ksi
    Ksi
    X-2 was great though! Different, yes, but great non-the-less. (Especially that battle system! Hnnng~<3) Honestly, I liked it better than X. Sadly, I don't think a lot of people understood the game - they were expecting another 'SAVE THE WORLD OH NO DANGER WILL ROBINSON!' plot and thus were let down. And to those who say it's a game for girls? Not with those outfits, daaaaahling~ Seriously, it's really under-rated and demeaned by people who think playing a f...
    Ksi
    Ksi
    ...emale lead means it must be for wimmen only. That's just stupid thinking. It's a light-hearted journey revisiting the places of the past game, examining how the world has rebuilt itself after Sin and showcasing the strength of people to live after tragedy. It's a good game (with a few weak points, but then most games have a weak point or two so...)
    I'm thinking of expanding my "first complete project" challenge to include no scripts.
    Any native Japanese speakers here? I need some help with some dialogue. ...or is this something for the request forums? Eitehr way, PM me.
    So, Archeia and Yami...is Dropbox still the bane of our existence?
    Ratty524
    Ratty524
    Wait, are you implying that there is something wrong with Dropbox?
    Dr.Yami
    Dr.Yami
    I have my own server placed in my school, though I still prefer Github :/
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Found it. Been looking for that Gab Window. Thanks!
    Every time I keep trying to make a "first project," I keep running into the problem of my own ambition. So! I will challeng myself. I will limit myself to only the default actors, weapons, armor, items, enemies, sample maps, and the use of the RTP.
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    Good attitude :)
    Polite Whale
    Polite Whale
    We all have the ambition problem. However, you know that you have got a problem when you even go overboard with your ambition only with RTP Resources...
    What the heck is a bagna?
    Laptopdancer
    Laptopdancer
    It's an Italian appy. And pretty yummy! I think it's also a strung instrument. Not sure though.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    bagna deez nuts?
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    Why does the default database call a weapon the same name as a soup. I can't even find anything that "bagna" might be Engrish for, either.
    No amount of chamomile or vodka could make my optional math homework bearable. So, back to work on my project.
    I had a five-alarm hangover today that was so bad, I slept through class. Not even a Bloody Mary could alleviate it. But I made my first town in my drunken stupor, so...I got that going for me, at least.
    I think Iggy Azalea is hideous, untalented, and doesn't represent the Australian people very well.
    Eschaton
    Eschaton
    She's an Australian rapper, and a terrible one at that.
    ??????
    ??????
    lmao, that sounds terrible. I have never heard a good non american rapper :/
    Arin
    Arin
    I heard her song on the radio the other day.'

She sounds exactly like Gwen Stefani.
    Tell me why I shouldn't use Victor Sant's ATB.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Dunno what it is. Does it make pretty rainbow colors?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.
So I just got back from SeaWorld and I'm back to working on my game. I'm stuck on Shadowstar, mainly due to needing two more princesses... I have all the canon and toy princesses, plus Sunset Shimmer just for kicks. I decided not to include Cadence since this isn't in that era. But... I'm going to have to design two OCs now.
I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiaMaker1223