EternalShadow
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• If RMW had a counter to show how long someone had spent on this forum (in total) I swear I'd run well over 3,000 hours...
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    XD we'd beat all of our games on steam
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    I don't think I'd wanna know xD
    Everyone saying Merry Christmas on the 23rd or 24th keeps making me google what day Christmas is... it's the 25th!
    Avery
    Avery
    In Germany you wish each other a Merry christmas on 24th - and it's 2:24 on December 24th here in Germany.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    So confusing xD
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    I tend to say Merry Christmas a lot, especially in public because I likely won't see strangers again. So, the clerks. The people helping me out. A guy who holds the door open for me. I say Merry Christmas to them. :)
    You know you play videogames too much when you double-take on a checkered jacket... (Fallout: New Vegas)
    RoooodWorks
    RoooodWorks
    Benny is taking over your world hehe
    Anyone notice that SOURCE kinda vanished?
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    I don't believe it was made publically available yet.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Source's Pathfinidng and efficiency improvement script are amazing! I would buy MV versions as soon as they appears
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Well, i don't own any commercial scripts, but i imagine that Effectus would need to be completely rethought and rewritten, since MV is a different engine in a different language.
    Taking a completely different route to character design this time around is proving to be very interesting!
    So I just ran an intentionally laggy map (10fps) with autotiles, and it seems the entire display is having to redraw all of the tiles from the very top of the screen, downwards - which would account for the lag. It's only really visible what it is doing when the game is at a low fps though.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Normal resolution but with Ace tiles (Shaz's script)
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Can you send me a demo? I thought this was supposed to be fixed.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Oh, sure, I'd have to take out a loooad of other data (images etc that newdata puts in though lol) so give me a bit.
    AAA games really are getting too big for their own good... First, Just Cause 3 lacks anything much to do beyond destruction missions over a giant expanse of land, and FO4 has too many distracting sidequests from what I hear xD
    Haydeos
    Haydeos
    Distracting Sidequests has become Bethesda's thing, hasn't it?
    Blackheart
    Blackheart
    Xenoblade Chronicles X is huuuuge
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I kind of liked Just Cause 2 for the sheer fact it's a brainless game. I liked running around mindlessly, blowing things up, and goofing off with my grapple hook. Sometimes, you just need some mindlessness. As for Fallout... I'm finding the LACK of quests to do rather disturbing...
    Slugs can crawl through atom-sized holes. Who knew they were basically liquid?
    Julien Brightside
    Julien Brightside
    I wonder if they tested that by throwing various animals out of a plane.

"Elephant...does not survive falls from great heights."
    wallacethepig
    wallacethepig
    Better yet, who set up an atom-sized hole for a slug to crawl through? Also, since slugs are made of molecules - and big molecules, like proteins - how can they fit through something as small as an atom?

I believe the mouse thing, though.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Well OK maybe atom was an exaggeration, what about molecule-sized hole lol
    MV really is much less restrictive to use than Ace. RM is still lacking a few commands though, like checking the direction an event is facing. Here's hoping that will be resolved soon! Same for the memory leak/lag/audio bugs. Still, more freedom than Ace!
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    That's character, not event :p
    Ghost of Christmas Kloe
    Ghost of Christmas Kloe
    True, but being able to do that with a character is almost more useful. You can even make events which only activate from one sign, to make buttons on the back of things and stuff like that!
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Yes but in this context, I want an enemy to shoot the player but only if they are facing the player!
    It just occured to me how brave someone would have to be to go through a quest like Fallout or Skyrim or something like that in real life. No wonder NPCs just stay in their homes.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    How about a companion? Normally cannot die (unlike the hero). Being immortal would be awesome. :)
    Schlangan
    Schlangan
    Immortal doesn't mean you don't feel pain. Are you ready to feel death's pain over and over ? :D
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    I'm a solo player my companions are me myself and I, I can hear Kirito saying that.
    Playing FO: New Vegas. The level of detail is astonishing.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Certainly didn't feel reskinned to me, everything but the textures were new.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    And the bugs....my word, the bugs. The more I think about it, the less sure I am of why I like NV so dang much. FO3 was good, but I just prefer NV despite all its faults (which have probably been fixed, I can't find my disc or key!)
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Personally, NV had a much better storyline, characters and gameplay. It was more satisfying to play (barring the last mission where a switch is hidden in scenery) despite the crashes!
    Typical, delivery wasn't picked up at the door, afternoon appointment cancelled (not by me!) and the post office closed 20 mins ago ~_~
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    It looks like that kinda day again >>
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    It is, and a company got mixed up over a signature, and etc
    Might actually give MV another try soon... Hope they have the memory leak and lag fixed eventually though :/
    ??????
    ??????
    Interesting - I did not know that.. Thats like, a HUGE flaw :/

Why has there not been complete outrage at this?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I remember there was some on week 1, though chances are it either got buried in the posts, or those of us who were having problems with it just went back to ACE.
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    It got buried, and a lot of people just went back to Ace (myself included lol, I had a game to finish anyway), the others are waiting for a fix now :p
    Gonna be running some simulations in MV if I can get a couple scripts going - it'll be interesting to see how my idea looks! :D
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    (I've just bookmarked 25 different plugins >_> )
    So many good plugins for MV already @_@
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    I'm still looking for a few choice ones to come over from ACE I was originally using. It's been a great influx of new plug ins though.
    EternalShadow
    Shaz
    Shaz
    That would be something to post in the JS Plugin Requests forum, or to contact the developer about and see if they are going to port them.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Meteo Chronicles is almost finished!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffychu