Recent content by Eterne

1. Eterne

I Have a Slow Netbook...

Do you do maintenance on your netbook regularly? If it happened gradually it's likely it's just bunged up. Of course, it also depends on specs - 5 years is a loooong time in the world of PC performance. Adding to what others have said, CCleaner is a great utility. It should be rather risk-free...
  2. Eterne

RMVXAce error: Failed to Create Process

It loaded up normally but the error persisted. I've fixed it now, though; maybe this'll be useful for someone who encouters the same thing. It turned out my firewall (Comodo Firewall) is a bit dodgy with Windows 8 and every so often acts up, seeming to close but blocking any non-windows or...
  3. Eterne

I tried emptying the RMVXAce folder and it didn't make any difference. I also ditched a script set I had from the Steam Workshop to see if that was it, but that made no difference either. When I try to run VXAce as administrator I get "Application load error P:0000065437" but it loads up fine if...
  4. Eterne

I got bought VX Ace on Steam the other day and it was working perfectly. However, today when I try to playtest I get a 'Failed to Create Process' error. I've tried verifying the install and reinstalling the program with no luck. Every topic I've seen for this problem says to replace the...
  5. Eterne

Names?

Ania-Maria. It seems like such a pretty name, but somehow having to use it myself, it just feels ugly, ugly ugly. I'd prefer if the names were the other way around... If only I were born male, I'd be named after Daniel Jackson. sigh. I feel your pain. It's hilarious how many people can't seem...
  6. Eterne

Games you hate, yet everyone else cherishes.

Tomb Raider 2013... The gameplay may be nice (but only because it's such a vigorously tried and tested formula; also, copying Uncharted - which is a copy of the old Tomb Raider. Classy.) but the writing is an absolute train wreck - boring, predictable and unoriginal - and Lara has no...
  7. Eterne

What was the first game you played?

I can't remember exactly which one was first, but the first games I'd ever played were Keio Flying Squadron 2 (this probably explains a lot) and Highway 2000, both on the Sega Saturn. I think I was about 5.
  8. Eterne

A wild New Member appeared!

Thank you for the welcome, everyone! :D
  9. Eterne

3/4th or Sideview: Opinions?

Ahh my bad, I couldn't think of the correct term earlier. I'll fix it. The original concept is a non-combat (though I'm positive now that it won't stay like that) adventure game. but at the moment I'm really just trying to get my ideas down before I forget them because it's too ambitious to be...
  10. Eterne

Well, you'd still be able to interact with the background, so there wouldn't necessarily only be the two exits. I understand everything else you mentioned, though. It certianly would make it feel much more restrictive. With this game specfically I really want to create a detailed world. It's...
  11. Eterne

For a while I've been wanting to make an exploration game with a heavy aesthetic. Problem is, the only thing I'm particularly good at pixelling are items and I'm bad at perspective. While drawing map ideas it hit me, if I made this side-view, I'd be able to give a much better visual...
  12. Eterne

A wild New Member appeared!

Hello! I've been lurking for a little while now and decided to finally join. I'm currently working on a little project in VXAce and I have quite a few concepts I'd really love to make into games. I've had RPGM for many years (I had XP before) and I've really just been faffing about mapping...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So a guy enters in a bar and walks up to the counter. He looks the bartender with a mysterious look and asks him...
I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
To actually work on my game, or browse these forums about creating my game? Hmmm....
Tanning beds are actually vampire traps. Coffin shaped but the minute they're inside... BAM UV Rays. Dead Vampire.
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/restrictions-limited-move-sets.117489/ A new blog discussion thread draws near! Command?

What do you think of Limited Move Sets?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Behavin