Euphony
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I feel bad for the people who join this forum in October and have no idea what some of us are really called hehehehe.
    Reactions: 2 people
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Ha ha, yeah. Glad I kept my username. 
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I admit that I was fooled a bit by your new username too, and I'm a pretty old member here, haha.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    All part of the evil master plan, move along~
    I can't stop listening to the Interstellar soundtrack. Hans Zimmer is amazing. ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
    Reactions: 1 person
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Too bad the film was full of grade A bulls*** science and dragged on for more than it should've.

Hans Zimmer is amazing indeed though. Inception also has a great soundtrack and IMHO was a much better movie.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Well, it's science fiction, no? I think it's good practice to go into those kinds of movies emphasizing the fiction over the science. Be prepared to suspend disbelief and you'll have a better experience. :)
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yeah, but still, being sci-fi doesn't mean it shouldn't make things coherent. Going into a black hole and ending up in some magical dimension broke the immersion for me more than anything. Lol. Or how they managed to land on a planet that was so close to a black hole as to make 1 minute on there equal to 7 years (or whatever the values were) and then to leave without a problem from the black hole's gravitational pull. Oh well, never mind.
    Sinus headaches waking you up at 6 in the morning are not fun. ;o;

The Stranger
    The Stranger
    No lights or anything. Just snuggle up and hope it goes away. :(
    esby
    esby
    i prescribe you tequila
    Arcmagik
    Arcmagik
    Yeah. I have chronic migraines... I lost some vision for awhile on Friday and woke up to a full blown migraine by Saturday morning. No fun at all... I feel for ta.
    It's really hard to choose a laptop when the reviews say stuff like, "It's a good gaming laptop, but not for hardcore gaming." What do people consider "hardcore"? Playing WoW while blasting Metallica?
    Pern
    Pern
    It plays Solitaire like a BEAST though.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    OMG, annoying.

They also love to hide the bad parts of the laptop.

hdmi ports? cache? sd card reader? wireless card included? idk
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I'd ignore the reviews, in all honesty. Just focus on the given specs and what you need the machine to do. If you couldn't give a toss about playing the latest games on ultra settings, then the whole hardcore gaming thing just isn't worth the money.

I picked up a nice "high end" laptop in a sale at PC-World, which has a dedicated 2GB NVIDIA graphics card, an intel i5 processor, and a whole bunch of RAM, memory, etc. Enough usb ports for all of my accessories, built in WiFi and all that other good stuff. It's not the best gaming machine out there, but I don't need it to be. It plays the games I want it to play, whilst also allowing me to do other things I need to do - game development, mostly.
    Always awkward when you're chatting with someone online and they start throwing around a slur, apparently unaware that it applies to you...

Reactions: 5 people
    KanaX
    KanaX
    Euphony confirmed casul.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    It's not my fault I wasn't born gud. ;o;
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    Lol that reminds me when people might say some unsavoury words about blacks or hispanics. Then when I clarify that I'm both of those the backpedaling is wonderful. "Waaahhh? But you play Japanese games and you talk like a white guy. "

Shocking to say but video games and high pitch voices with a wide vocabulary aren't exclusive to one race. Go figure  :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
    *sigh* I think it's time to get a new computer. Mine is getting close to three years old now, which in gaming computer years is like 5,000, right?
    Euphony
    Euphony
    I'll probably take the plunge and get a new one, mainly because I want to switch from desktop to laptop. I have medical conditions and have ended up in the hospital for extended stays, so I want to have a laptop just in case that happens again.

Not to mention, mine is starting to overheat and shut down when I play newer games like Dark Souls III, and I'm not even playing on high settings. It's very cheap as far as gaming computers go (like under $500) so I think it could be time. I'll of course be careful about what I spend, though. I don't require much beyond the few games I play on Steam and whatever I use for game making. :)
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Time to change then, consider something by Asus then (it's a good brand for laptops).
    mlogan
    mlogan
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I don't get fangames either. I actually ended up falling out of contact with an artist friend over a rather heated discussion over a Pokemon fangame - I couldn't fathom why they were using it as a way to "get their art out there" when even doing work in this community would probably present to a wider audience. The art is of such quality (so so good) that money could be made on commissions or packs, but somehow they refuse to shake that "it's not good enough" impression.

To me, it's not hard... I could make a fangame, orrrr... I could take the concept and run with a loose copy of it in my own way and see where I go. I was faced with this myself, and so far... I've gone awesome places. More to come, I'm sure.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Artists are strange beings. They have a tendency to shoot high, but also be too hard on themselves. I'm sure there are plenty of artists here who could be putting out resource packs to the store, but don't think their art is good enough to do so. So I have to wonder if some of the people who make fangames just don't think their creations are good enough to be something original. Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    taarna23
    taarna23
    I'd never really considered that. I guess I just always had in my head "if I make something that's my own, I can do whatever I want with it." Which, obviously, is not the case when using someone else's stuff. I think it also comes back around to "if someone told you making games was easy, they lied." Using someone else's characters, universe, graphics and so on takes a lot of the difficulty out of making a game. It still won't be easy... but it won't be half as hard as making something from the ground up. Rather like decorating a house to actually look good... vs. building the house first, then decorating.
    Okay either I really need an extra cup of coffee today or the forum is being a few minutes slow at showing new posts. ^_^;;
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Susan
    Susan
    Or it could be your internet connection. :p
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Nope, connection's fine, it's totally a conspiracy to get my posts ninja'd~
    Brume Tower is the single most BS dungeon in the Souls series. It's the AT&T of dungeons. A pizza burn of the world of the roof's mouth. A racist Hitler pedophile. The opposite of Batman.

I try to be a completionist but honestly eff Brume Tower up the rear with a cactus.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    That includes Iron Passage, too.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Bloodborne defile chalice...

Even thinking about it makes me die.

I love Brume tower.  The three dlc's for DS2 literally saved the game for me (and I hope the same quality for DS3).

They fixed all the issues of the main game (except the dlc enemies have way to high magic defense to the point that it takes a stack of crystal soul spear to kill a single mob).
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Yup, guess what? I switched to a magic-focused build before doing the DLC dungeons. BAD DECISION. xD Good thing I already did them in my first playthrough, so I can just say screw it, don't care this time around.

The dungeons themselves have interesting designs, but I hate Brume Tower/Iron Passage for being so ganktastic. Eleum Loyce and Shulva are still challenging, but not quite as ridiculous, so I'm cool with those.

I actually really like DS2 on its own if only for steamlining all the stuff that I found cumbersome in DS1.
    When you revise your game's plotline for the 8,000th time.

Reactions: 2 people
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    But plot #8002 could be the right one!
    esby
    esby
    what's a plotline
    Euphony
    Euphony
    It's either something you eat or some kind of hair care product, I think?
    Wheee I'm finally starting to feel better after being sick for like a week. Maybe now I'll be productive. Being sick in the summer sucks.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Great to hear you're feeling better :)
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Glad you're better. Being sick in the summer really is the worst... Especially when it's too hot to eat the sick-person-comfort-food like chicken soup and whatnot.
    WHAT. WHAT. WHAT.
    Reactions: 3 people
    Euphony
    Euphony
    I know you don't. :p

I just think taking a common trope like "the hero's child takes his place" and calling it a fad/trend is a bit of a reach. Sequels starring the children of the original heroes have been around forever. The Last of Us certainly isn't the first series to do such a thing, and it certainly isn't a trendsetter in that regard.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Euphony - Open world games have existed since Zelda 1, MMORPGs existed since the dawn of the internet (if you were massively rich or at certain college only though), etc.

I know it has happened and is pretty common throughout even gaming history, but publishers tend to try and cash in on the latest fads (like the huge zombie game influx).
    Euphony
    Euphony
    *shrug* I just really don't see a trend with the whole "hero's daughter" thing. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to game news?

Anyway, I don't care about any fads, I'm interested in this game because I played the other Layton games and enjoyed them. I'm excited the Layton series is continuing, regardless of who the main character is.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage