Euphony
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm not even mad about the delay of the Pokemon Go Plus release. I didn't even know that was a thing! How dorky am I going to look walking around with a Fitbit and a Pokemon wristband? 8D
    Reactions: 2 people
    Dalph
    Dalph
    This is the world a bit after the release of the Pokemon Go Plus:

Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Never been more happy to live in Ruraland...
    Got up early and went for a walk before I even had my morning coffee! What!

Reactions: 4 people
    Euphony
    JCBrickston
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Walking without coffe? lulz

I walk 4 miles in a blizzard over a sheet of ice...

...and then walked back home through it again later.

This isn't actually a joke.  I walk no matter the rain, sleet, riots, nuclear fallout and even if there are no hot chicks on the path.
    I'll never get tired of listening to the Donkey Kong Country soundtracks. ┐(・。・┐) ♪
    JCBrickston
    JCBrickston
    Huuuu-rahhhh!

I love the original Donkey Kong soundtrack. It's sick!

My main problem after the first game was that Donkey Kong wasn't a playable character in the next two releases. At that point I was wondering why they even bothered calling the game Donkey Kong Country anymore. Maybe they should have called it, 'A Country Where Donkey Kong Lived' :D
    Euphony
    Euphony
    I actually like the 2nd DKC better than the original. The Diddy + Dixie team is my favorite. No offense to Donkey. :p All of them are incredible games, though.

I guess they could have just called the 2nd Diddy Kong Country and the 3rd Dixie Kong Country, but then they would have lost their cheesy, puntastic subtitles!
    Reactions: 4 people
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Lol!

...I still wonder why people think showing the middle finger makes them powerful (not like everybody just ignores it and forget about it in 2 seconds or anything).
    esby
    esby
    Code:
    [FONT=arial]....................../´¯/) 
    ....................,/¯../ 
    .................../..../ 
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ 
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ 
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') 
    .........\.................'...../ 
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´ 
    ............\..............( 
    ..............\.............\...[/FONT]
    Euphony
    "Nice terror attack." You had one job, headline writer.

The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @esby Thank you, esby. :) It was really bugging me when I wastrying to talk to others about it; I kept saying nice.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Yeah, it's pronounced differently, but English readers aren't going to read it that way instinctively. So...still super awkward wording IMO.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    @Euphony - Is it awkward or are you just inferior to us Mericans?
    Reactions: 1 person
    mlogan
    mlogan
    My husband and I are very excited about this. I'd still love to get my original NES from my sis (she's cool with it, just hasn't happened yet), but this would be great too, as it has several games I don't have on cartridge that I would love to have. But yeah, given that box was my childhood, I know what I want for Christmas. :D
    Euphony
    Euphony
    *old titles

Brain in tileset mode.
    Mako Star
    Mako Star
    @Sharm I know what you mean, man. I had to move three consoles into my office to make some room out in the living room haha
    Yikes. I really need to stop trying to be friends with people who consistently ignore me. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I guess some people just don't like you regardless of what you do/say. 乁| ・ 〰 ・ |ㄏ

Ever met anyone like that?
    LEGO is releasing a 4,000 piece set of Cinderella's castle for $350. RIP the wallet of every dad with a young daughter.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Hmm I was wrong, according to the wiki it was $300 at the time of release. But yeah, since it's been discontinued, people sell them for thousands! LEGO is a better investment than gold lol.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    For LEGO to an investment you need to not open the packages, and isn't that a bit too cruel?
    Gin
    Gin
    My brain just now was like, "Spilling your immuno-suppressant pills all over the floor under you desk? Yes, that's the perfect way to end a day in which you were spectacularly unproductive!" 乁| ・ 〰 ・ |ㄏ
    Euphony
    Euphony
    I'm too busy catching Pokemon and being argumentative to be productive!
    taarna23
    taarna23
    So... you're keeping mobile, then? More moving around and getting exercise? How is that unproductive?

Fixing my code today was certainly productive, but it was literally 2 of the same line. I think today's walking was more productive.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Well, unproductive in terms of game make. I wish I were doing more, but lots of database work has kind of slowed my motivation. But tomorrow's a new day!
    Yes I caught a Kakuna in Pokemon GO and yes I immediately named it Kakuna Matata because I'm 5.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Yeah, lots of Pidgeys around here, too. Hopefully more diversity as the app continues to develop! :3
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Well, I found just getting to different areas of the city helps pop up different ones. My brother and I caught Jigglypuff in a Costco parking lot. X3
    taarna23
    taarna23
    *boggle* There are people out there that expect this game wants you to drive around? Seriously? So confused.
    How am I catching Pokemon in my house but not when I walk 8 blocks outside. WTF Pokemon Go.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I found a Magikarp in my toilet and a Zubat in my attic, sometimes it's scary how accurate that game is.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    Yep, found Snorlax at the grocery checkout. Exeggcute in the dairy/egg section. Last night was very fun. My problem is I keep getting dumped off the servers. c;
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Exeggcute in the dairy section? That's too perfect. xD

I found a Nidoran in my fireplace and two Oddishe sin my room--one on my pillow, one on my bookshelf. I didn't know my room was so attractive to blue anthropomorphic radishes.
    Why do so few characters in RPGs have hobbies? I'm gonna make it a point to give my characters something fun they like to do that has nothing to do with the story, like painting landscapes or playing dank tunes on the oboe.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Lol, I've been reading a book on creating stories in video games. I was going to offer that #1: in big budget games, it is kind of extraneous information to add to the game, without some kind of purpose for it to play. Luca from Chrono Trigger comes to mind, she was a tinkerer, but that kind of played into her fighting style, if I recall correctly.

#2: most of us game devs don't really understand character development (or professional writing. No offense to anyone, we can't all be good at everything! And I know there's more than a few good writers out there) or how to go about it without being clunky and random.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    @soɐɥʞpǝɹǝʇlıɥd Nice, mind sharing the book? I'm intrigued.

Also your name is impossible to tag. xD
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Lol, I've heard. I'm a Non-Conformist, sorry. :p

The Book is called... Video Game Story Telling by Evan Skolnick
    https://www.google.com/#q=video+game+story+telling+evan+skolnick

I can't say I've gotten anything ground breaking from it that I hadn't found from the community, but it helped clarify some concepts, and I have gleaned some otherwise unknown information from it.
    Everyone needs a cute cat gif at least once a day to remain happy and healthy. As your cat doctor, I request you take your daily vitamin: 
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:
Browsing through Steam's Curator Connect, it seems the vast majority of curators haven't curated in months. I'm guessing people finally got tired of reviewing games for free. Can't blame them.
Satisfy my curiosity for a sec please, folks: how many people actively followed/follow my Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript series and have found them useful for learning what makes RM tick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalan