Recent content by Eurgh

1. Eurgh

Sacrifices

Visual armour. The script has 0 support and it was endlessly conflicting with random things up to the point where i'd fix one problem then another 2 would pop up. I ultimately ditched it and made a character select screen instead with various different looking characters both male and female...
  2. Eurgh

Upgrading Abilities

Fair enough, but that goes onto my question of whether people prefer to be able to upgrade them at any time, or if they like it to be a level thing
  3. Eurgh

Crafting sucks?

At the moment in my game there is a crafting system which is introduced very early on in the form of a sidequest which tasks you with collecting herbs from a field of slimes as they are what slimes like to eat, and the alchemist isn't combat orientated and doesn't really want to die since death...
  4. Eurgh

Upgrading Abilities

What are people's opinions on upgrading your abilities as opposed to gaining the abilities through levelling. What I mean by this is you start with a fireball, you can pay X amount of gold/points to turn it into Greater Fireball OR You have to wait until a certain level to unlock Greater...
  5. Eurgh

Dialogue and Portraits preferences

I use a mix of both of the dialogue types. It helps set out along the lines of what the character will say. Cus you don't want a Mass Effect problem of selecting [Tell the Truth] and your character says "Yes, I admit it. I was the one who stole the cookie.... NOW I MUST KILL YOU AND EVERY ONE OF...
  6. Eurgh

How do you rationalize a limited party in battle?

If you were desperate to explain it, you could simply say that 20 people trying to fall over each other trying to attack a slime would be more detrimental to your overall combat effectiveness
  7. Eurgh

Giving players access to big skills early: thoughts?

TP doesn't have to be a 'big move' resource. You can set more physical and non magical skills to use it. It adds extra depth to gameplay and means that Grok'Nar the Barbarian King isn't throwing that rock through the power of MAAAAAAAAGIC. You can also alter the maximum TP that can be held at...
  8. Eurgh

Reputation System Uses

Depends what you want from your game. You could make it so they can enter the seedy underbelly of cities with low rep which grants them access to rare and illegal goods. However they must sneak into towns otherwise they will be apprehended by guards. Good rep could mean that they are targeted...
  9. Eurgh

Thoughts on Simulated Results

Interesting, I'll probably use that approach, I was already thinking about using something like this but it was more of a back of the mind thought as opposed to something I was going to definitely put in. That's another interesting one since time plays a big role in the game as spending that...
  10. Eurgh

@Wavelength You have the choice to fight it yourself in a TBS fight or just simulate it. With the downsides of both being if you manually fight, you can end up messing up and losing or with simulating it then you might lose through a bit of bad luck. I explained in my previous post that it...
  11. Eurgh

Backgrounds not going transparent

@TheoAllen @Ebanyle Thank you for your input. I guess I'll just have to use add blending.
  12. Eurgh

@Andar I'm not entirely sure how that could be worked into the example I gave, plus the entire idea behind it was so warrior type classes can use magic, if they want to invest into it but not be the omni-present God King that can fire a bow, cast swathes of fire, ice and thunder while swinging...
  13. Eurgh

@mauvebutterfly I feel that at the end of the day, if someone is going to save scum, they're going to save scum. If someone is going to save/reload a game as many times as it takes to get the result they want there is nothing I can put in place to stop that.
  14. Eurgh

What are your thoughts and feelings when it comes to simulated results? Example: You have an army and a castle. An event happens where enemies attack. Your army's power is then calculated against the enemy's power and the result ends in either your win or loss. Example 2: You attempt to...
  15. Eurgh

Bubbles in Autonomous Movement

I want to have quest givers constantly play the "!" bubble when they have a quest and "?" bubble when it's ready to be handed in. But the only way I can see doing this without blocking me out of using the event would to be a separate event which constantly checks if conditions are met then...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ams63129