Evan G.
Last Activity:
May 20, 2014

Share This Page

Evan G.

Veteran

Veteran

I just realized... when people talk in Zelda games, their mouths don't move... and this looks totally natural, somehow. Dec 21, 2012

Evan G. was last seen:
May 20, 2014
    1. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      I don't know how to fit gameplay into this story. The story itself it so emotionally charged that I don't want to give the player gameplay breaks to calm them down. Therefore, I'm trying to think of some way to integrate the gameplay directly with the story.
      1. Espon
        Espon
        Quick time events!

Note: I don't like quick time events because I'm slow.
        Aug 18, 2012
    2. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Considering using specialized backgrounds for story sequences. That or small character portraits with most of the story told through sprite animations on the field map. Particularly important sequences will be animated either way, though.
    3. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Re-watching Madoka seems to be an effective way of finding out how to fill in these last small plot details.
    4. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Back from being away from a computer, so I can start working again. Finalized a few more things as well.
    5. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      So, here's my final development order for my project. 1) Finalize plot. 2) Storyboards. 3) Character portraits (some will probably be based directly off the storyboards). 4) Spritework and mapping (maps are hand-drawn). 5) Enemy graphics and gameplay implementation. 6) BGM composition. 7) Storyboards for animation sequences and animation sequences. 8) Event everything together.
      1. Evan G.
        Evan G.
        I may or may not add voicework. Battle voices and voice-overs for the animated sequences are the most probable areas where it'll be implemented if it happens.
        Aug 3, 2012
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Sounds like a well-organized plan! :)
        Aug 3, 2012
    6. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Working on last plot details and still wondering whether or not I should include mecha as a plot element, since I find that hand-to-hand combat is more effective for what I'm working with.
    7. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Still working on the opening storyboard and final plot details. Gonna be doing my first combat sequence soon.
      1. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Very cool, Evan! Looking forward to more details :D
        Aug 1, 2012
    8. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Found a good open source animation program to use for the opening and ending. I was originally planning to spend a month on animation alone, but this may cut down the time.
      1. Archeia
        Archeia
        Pencil? :D
        Jul 30, 2012
      2. Evan G.
        Evan G.
        Synfig Studio. I do storyboards and other work in MyPaint. GIMP is for color.
        Jul 30, 2012
      3. Evan G.
        Evan G.
        Also, I use LMMS for BGM.
        Jul 30, 2012
    9. Evan G.
      Evan G.
    10. Evan G.
      Evan G.
    11. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Still considering whether or not I want to add mecha into the mix for this story. I think it's a great way of conveying emotion through combat sequences.
    12. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Now to decide what kind of song I'm going to compose for the opening before I go further with the storyboard.
    13. Evan G.
      Evan G.
    14. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Got all my designs down and all of the expressions that I'm going to need for this project. Storyboards come next.
    15. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Learned how to draw people being pissed off. Turns out it's all about narrowing the eyes and moving the eyebrows closer to the eye. Also, teeth. Drawing realistic lips with bared teeth was a challenge.
    16. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      To-do for the story is finished. It includes some pretty awesome stuff. I would say more, but I'll save that for the project topic once I have enough to show.
    17. Evan G.
      Evan G.
    18. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      Can't stop listening to Fly Away and Shounen Heart! I want to compose songs like that.
    19. Evan G.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Chaneque
        Chaneque
        So everyone in your project has a huge nose?
        Jul 27, 2012
      3. Evan G.
        Evan G.
        Actually, not really. The average width of a human eye is 2.5-3cm. Average nose width in Europe is 5.8cm for males and 5.1 for females. I draw my noses about twice as wide as my eyes for males, which is completely average. Same for how much my noses protrude from my faces. Average for adult European males is 2.6cm and for females, 2.2cm. My noses protrude from my faces a length equal to the width of an eye, which as I mentioned earlier, is usually between 2.5 and 3cm.

Even I didn...
        Jul 27, 2012
      4. Evan G.
        Evan G.
        't know that lol. I thought I was drawing them a big large, but I guess not.
        Jul 27, 2012
    20. Evan G.
      Evan G.
      On the other hand I don't want to end up doing work for projects that don't interest me lol.
      1. Evan G.
        Evan G.
        And yet I also want to do different kinds of work to improve my skills...
        Jul 27, 2012
      2. Reynard Frost
        Reynard Frost
        You should focus less on trying to get on interesting projects and more on improving your skills. If it's not that interesting you're not afraid to fail, and thus learn more from your mistakes.
        Jul 27, 2012
      3. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        You can still improve your skills by working on things that only interest you. But overall if you want to have more diverse skills you'll have to take some work that may not appeal to you very much.
        Jul 27, 2012
  • About

First Language:
    English