ExpAmethyst
Last Activity:
Jan 26, 2016
Birthday:
June 4

Share This Page

ExpAmethyst

Villager, Female, from USA

Privately released my 1st ever demo amongst a select group of friends and so far the reaction seems to be positive!╰(◕ᗜ◕)╯ Dec 28, 2015

ExpAmethyst was last seen:
Jan 26, 2016
    1. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      Privately released my 1st ever demo amongst a select group of friends and so far the reaction seems to be positive!╰(◕ᗜ◕)╯
      1. Natural
        Natural
        You better hope those friends are giving you good criticism lol. Sometimes people aren't as blunt as you'd like them to be for things like that.
        Dec 28, 2015
      2. ExpAmethyst
        ExpAmethyst
        Luckily they're a good group of people who aren't afraid to "tell it like it is". One even sent me a video of them playing through it so I could get their reaction firsthand haha
        Dec 28, 2015
    2. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to event chickens laying eggs every day in-game and when it finally worked I cried...this is what my life has come to :p
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Wait til you spend an entire day on one cutscene due to all the move routes.
        Dec 19, 2015
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        What event did you make first?

The Chicken or the egg?
        Dec 19, 2015
      3. Crimson Dragon Inc.
        Crimson Dragon Inc.
        or better yet wait til your making that one guady house exterior where you need to have several events and corners and angles exactly right and several events and you are given only 5 hours to complete it perfectly or you lose all your funding
        Dec 19, 2015
    3. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      I always find myself so excited for the story and dialogue of whatever game I'm making that I end up completely ignoring mapping...
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Make a bunch of placeholder maps, put the story together, then go back and map it for real?
        Dec 18, 2015
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I've trained myself into getting into the pattern of doing things in order. It gets stale but it at least keeps things from getting all over the place.
        Dec 18, 2015
    4. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      Finally getting back into my VX Ace groove after a 5 month hiatus! Currently messing around with a NBC Hannibal inspired game :D
      1. Newbz
        Newbz
        Cool.
        Dec 5, 2015
    5. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      I forgot to set the movement to fixed for the torches I was using, so when I play tested my game they were traveling all over the map o_0
      1. EternalShadow
        EternalShadow
        The best kind of bug xD
        Jul 2, 2015
      2. ExpAmethyst
        ExpAmethyst
        @Hotfirelegend Probably the funniest/most disturbing bug I've ran into so far ;P
        Jul 2, 2015
      3. MaikeruKeay
        MaikeruKeay
        i accidentally did the same with a door and it looked like it ate the player. kept it in the end cos it looked cool xD
        Jul 2, 2015
    6. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      *spends hour writing event* *computer freezes and shuts itself down, then restores itself to before event was saved*
      1. atasuke10
        atasuke10
        Oh god...
        Jun 30, 2015
      2. Ndrfie
        Ndrfie
        If you physically write out the logic flow using organizational charts, it can make eventing, and issues like that much more manageable. They have an example of this in the rpgmaker web tutorials, albeit they didn't do it physically, it's a good example.
        Jun 30, 2015
      3. ExpAmethyst
        ExpAmethyst
        Yeah, normally I'm a lot better at planning out events, but it was one of those moments where I was struck with inspiration and just had to get it out of my system...and subsequently lose it haha
        Jun 30, 2015
    7. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      I can finally get married in all 50 states #lovewins
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Mage Heart
        Mage Heart
        Guess that would mean a yes for me too. But I don't wanna get married. At least the option is open.
        Jun 27, 2015
      3. ExpAmethyst
        ExpAmethyst
        Add on the price of 49 divorces and you've got something only Bill Gates could afford ;P
        Jun 27, 2015
      4. ExpAmethyst
        ExpAmethyst
        It's the same for me as well though, I'm not really a marriage type of person, but it's nice to know that I could marry a man OR a woman in any state now if thats where life takes me
        Jun 27, 2015
    8. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      50+ hours already into development and I've barely even touched the battle system o_0
      1. Kes
        Kes
        Sorry to break the bad news, but 50+ hours is not much in the context of a full game, so yeah, it's not surprising you haven't got on to your battle system yet.
        Jun 26, 2015
      2. MadMaus
        MadMaus
        I'm working for at least one full week already and I'm still finishing database configuration (Specifically the enemy section, which is very toilsome). So keep going and working hard. :)
        Jun 26, 2015
      3. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        I have made just a tutorial game, and working on another two, just trying things out. My worktime is over 1000 hours. Welcome to game developent. It is normal.
        Jun 26, 2015
    9. ExpAmethyst
      ExpAmethyst
      Commissioning my friend is the best decision I've ever made
  • About

Birthday:
    June 4
    First Language:
    English
    JRPGS
    Writing
    Voice Acting