Recent content by FatalErrorDriveB

1. FatalErrorDriveB

How do I indicate that I want something to run only when the player uses the plugin command?

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was looking for!
  2. FatalErrorDriveB

How do I indicate that I want something to run only when the player uses the plugin command?

So I'm sure this is a simple thing, and I've looked through other plugins to see if I could figure it out, but I must be missing it because I can't see what tells the code to run only once called via a plugin command? To make sure I'm clear enough, basically, I'm writing a card mini-game, and...
  3. FatalErrorDriveB

Basic scripting question about getting a message to popup.

Darn it, I double posted again, I'm sorry, I'll get it right soon.
  4. FatalErrorDriveB

Thank you! The instance doesn't crash the game, but it may cause big errors: in the script events, overtime, so I want to warn anyone who may use the script if it's configured incorrectly.
  5. FatalErrorDriveB

I found an old project I thought I'd lost!!!!

Thanks, I'll post up my old demo for people to try the card game out. Am I allowed to post it in this thread?
  6. FatalErrorDriveB

I found an old project I thought I'd lost!!!!

Edit: Link to the old Demo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai9MwbsawtEyklAKV_I_2t73hd9j?e=hu5dmN I believe I made this with MV 1.0 but I'm not fully sure. The card game is fully playable and you can buy packs from the shop. Both the card game and the shop are events only, no scripting, I'm working on a...
  7. FatalErrorDriveB

So I'm trying to pop up a message warning the user if the plugin isn't set up properly. Here's my code for that part. I'm sure I've made some very basic mistake but I'm new to Javascript and MV scripting so please go easy on me. I initially tried "$gameMessage.add();" but that pulled an error...
  8. FatalErrorDriveB

Can I add parameters based on a parameter?

Yeah, I think I'll do that. Thank you! Edit: That worked, thank you so much for the guidance!
  9. FatalErrorDriveB

Sorry for double post, I meant to edit the above one.
  10. FatalErrorDriveB

I'm not really sure what a list parameter is, I've very new. I'm trying to upload a picture to show what I'm talking about but imgur is giving me issues. I do appreciate your reply and will look into list parameters and see if that may work for me. Thanks, I'll check out that link you posted...
  11. FatalErrorDriveB

So I'm not sure if this can even be done. What I wish to do is add parameters to my plugins parameter list depending on a parameter the user entered. I know that's confusing so I'll try to give an example. param NUM_TO_HAVE [user give a number here] Param NUM_1 [Value] (These only show if the...
  12. FatalErrorDriveB

Where would I find scripting documentation?

Oh wow, this is great! Thank you!
  13. FatalErrorDriveB

Where would I find scripting documentation?

I looked under the help menu, maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see any scripting documentation. Does MV have any documents for it's specific script calls? For example, in case I'm not clear enough; how would I find to use script calls like gameManager.anything.function()? I know that's not...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.
SOC
If the VisuStella videos are using the MZ RTP tilesets... I'm really disappointed. MV's look so much better. I hope it's easy to convert MV tiles to MZ.
If this thing end to be good enough, I'll be pleased to release it there for free (looong to be completed...).
And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JibberJabber