Recent content by Faye Valentine

1. Faye Valentine

Or... just don't use any. Unless your PC is used by a lot of people.

Or... just don't use any. Unless your PC is used by a lot of people.
  2. Faye Valentine

How do you guys come up with fantasy names?

Pretty much what everyone else said. Though I am more to call my characters with normal names. Even common names, like Rose, which I used for the protagonist of my game, Heartland. Naming is so important when it comes to characters, it somehow can tell about their personality. Or maybe that's...
  3. Faye Valentine

Maps: Simple VS. Complex

I could reply once again but It doesn't seem like we will come to a mutual agreement on something so continuing this discussion on lighting is pretty much nonsense, reason as to why I won't followup. If anyone wants to talk about anything else regarding this thread, I'm all for reading other...
  4. Faye Valentine

That's because most RM games are horrible, mate. Because a lot of reasons. A lot. Lighting in RM games tend to be bad for the same reason overcluttering and super complex maps are considered any good. And you keep going with the "hide terrible mapping" thing. Just drop it. It's not about that...
  5. Faye Valentine

Err yeah what the user above said, plus that lighting is so, sooo very bad done. And of course it's a cover, the thing is almost pitch black, mate. Lighting doesn't means obscure maps. Edit: also the first map doesn't stand out for its own. it's yet another rtp map. nothing special, i'm sorry...
  6. Faye Valentine

Yeah I agree. Lighting is so important besides "covering errors". For example, colour palettes can make or break the feeling of a scene. Shadows, ambient occlusion, all that stuff. It's very nice to have it. And even simple stuff like what you say, the flickering neon signs, it's a plus. Every...
  7. Faye Valentine

We're assuming a lot of things here, don't we. lol. Anyways. Maps in RM do need lighting FX IMO when using general graphics (RTP and usual tiles) basically because they all look the same. You're saying lighting is not good because it is used to cover errors? I've no words for that. Again, stock...
  8. Faye Valentine

Keanu makes everything better.

Keanu makes everything better.
  9. Faye Valentine

to use cheat codes is only acceptable in GTA San Andreas and previous games haha

to use cheat codes is only acceptable in GTA San Andreas and previous games haha
  10. Faye Valentine

Pre-load the video before getting to that map.

Pre-load the video before getting to that map.
  11. Faye Valentine

Cool. Study a lot, mate.

Cool. Study a lot, mate.
  12. Faye Valentine

Minimum sized maps are best for me. Of course, the 'minimum' treshold varies depending on the map we're talking. A 20x15 town is impossible to make. However, you said something important: "enough stuff that makes sense of it". A common problem with, for example, interior maps, are putting stuff...
  13. Faye Valentine

"The necessity for complexity in maps has born from the lack of resources that RTP gives, failing to fulfill aesthetic expectatives of said maps." Okay. After something happened to me, which left me questioning myself in a lot of aspects, I decided to bring up this discussion here. And so, I'll...
  14. Faye Valentine

Also, I exaggerated a lot with the "all your life". As I said, post was unintentional :P

Also, I exaggerated a lot with the "all your life". As I said, post was unintentional :P
  15. Faye Valentine

I am of the opinion that one never gets enough good at something. And that we all have flaws and...

I am of the opinion that one never gets enough good at something. And that we all have flaws and can commit mistakes, even if we're supposed to have mastered *that anything in particular* (whatever your talent is). But what if you were being called out for basic stuff that you do dominate...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD
When did anything under your mid-twenties become the new 10 years old? At least try to act like your old enough to sign a lease.
Having someone tell me that "Right clicking to save an image is soooo creepy" has got to be the weirdest thing I've heard this week.
Finally figured out how to make a signature with a pic that leads to a link, it's so cool! Click the image to check out my demo! :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jelliekittie