Featherbrain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
    Reactions: Walldeaf
    Walldeaf
    Walldeaf
    Very nice, but with the dead animation I would drop the legs more, but that's only my opnion,
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Thanks! I was going for a cartoonish rigor mortis effect. I'll mess around with it some more when I get back to this spriteset to finish the other motions.
    Don't you just hate it when you have to switch out your game dev hat to put on your DIY-plumber-cutting-into-drywall-and-tearing-out-moldy-leaky-shower-plumbing hat for the next several days/weeks/months.
    Between life getting in the way and reworking some major game mechanics, development has slowed... but continues. Implemented stealth system for on-map encounters so you can stalk your prey for surprise advantage...
    Having a reluctant epiphany that instead of one "Raptor" species I really need to include specific, individual species in my game (e.g. Utahraptor, Velociraptor, etc). Dino nerds prefer that level of detail and like seeing their favorites. Also gives me more variety. And it is "Raptor" Revolt after all!
    Happy Holidays, whether beside the Christmas tree, the Hanukkah menora, or a humble Festivus pole! (I've been messing with this redwood tileset for too long.)
    Reactions: Aldu
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Thanks! It's all custom 24x24 tiles mapped with TileD! Yeah, the dawn redwoods are big honkin trees for sure, and there will be even bigger ones! (The giant redwoods, slightly different from dawn redwoods.) The raptors are about half the size of a human. So yeah, I'm trying to keep that scale in mind... should be a unique look.
    Reactions: Aldu
    Testtubebaby
    Testtubebaby
    I've always liked the idea of an RPG that has an animal cast or playable characters. Dinosaurs (specifically raptors in this case) is a great idea that I whole heartedly appreciate. It looks really neat, well done so far.
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Thanks! I'm going for something like a raptor version of Watership Down. My wife and I both love dinosaurs, and it's kind of an homage to our chickens (yard raptors XD) as well.
    Hey, so what species are your raptors? Any of these?
    Dromaeosaurs.png
    • Love
    Reactions: Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    They are based on Acheroraptor, the North American contemporary of Velociraptor--the game takes place in Hell Creek so they are all North American varieties. However, I'm just calling them "Raptors," since I'm not really going for strict scientific accuracy; these can talk and build raptor societies, after all.
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    I'm not sure if I'll include Utahraptor since they lived in the same time and region, but if so they'd be like the Neanderthals were to early humans, lol... a big, brutish cousin that barely speaks and mostly wants to eat you.
    Frostorm
    Frostorm
    Utahraptor is one of my favorites! It's actually pretty smart (though probably 1 notch below your protagonist species). I do know that they hunted in packs, so they must've had some social hierarchy.
    Made transition effects for going inside or outside using zoom, pixi filter, and a shutter effect
    When you compress a 1Mb parallax image to 65kb but it still looks good enough to serve the purpose:
    Andar
    Andar
    unfortunately the compression only counts on the harddrive, the picture still needs to be uncompressed in RAM while it is being used. And that is the main limit for the size with parallax mapping. A better compression only allows you to reduce download and harddrive storage of your game, not the use of larger parallaxes....
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Hm... interesting. Thanks for the info! It seemed like the smaller file fixed the slight loading delay I was seeing, but it might be my imagination. Either way, the original file had a lot of detail I didn't really need, so cutting it down to a 4 color PNG-8 didn't lose me anything even if all I gain is a smaller deployment size.
    TakeHomeTheCup
    It can decrease loading times. So the fixed loading delay probably isn't your imagination.
    Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.
    Orex_
    Orex_
    cooooooooooooooooooool! Like the tiles and stuff and it looks awesome with the clouds
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Thanks! I've been working on this dynamic weather system for a week or two now. The cloud transitions are already a bit smoother since I posted this. These are for "light clouds" and "partly cloudy" conditions; also working on "mostly cloudy" and "dark cloudy" that add a full parallax-style cloudiness filter.
    BrentBAM
    BrentBAM
    Yeah it really adds to the atmosphere!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!
Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepyfrog