Featherbrain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    What engine? Will you be releasing it for others to use?
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    MV. I wasn't thinking about a public release when I wrote it, but it probably could be if I added plugin parameters for the variables. Main thing is it's only a randomization algorithm so far, and the full weather experience will have dependencies on other plugins for visuals (e.g. MOG's Weather EX, Pixi Filter Controller, etc). I'll have to see what I have when I'm really done whether it's worth a public release.
    Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Not enough rewriting. Don't forget to also rewrite your entire dialogue system while you're at it xD
    First, the failed hard drive. Then, the leaking garbage disposal. What a week! Now that I've fixed all that, finally, back to my game. Doing some foley work to make baby dino sounds today.
    Working on an "egg-hatching" minigame that plays kind of like whack-a-mole except you're sitting on eggs to warm them up as they get cold. Proud of myself since ~80% of it is handled by JS scripting. Just need to polish it up a bit more. Hoping this becomes the first part of my game I'm ready to make public, perhaps even as a playable demo.
    Now that Halloween's over, our very own backyard raptors went to town on the raptor pumpkin! WIth a sneak peak at "Sable's Theme (Remix)" from my game's soundtrack.

(Not sure if I'm sharing this video right, hold onto your butts...)

Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    I still can't tell if I successfully shared it. It says "Loading tweet..." and doesn't show anything for me but I don't know if that's due to privacy settings, my horrible DS-Hell connection, or what. Do videos from Twitter share here...? Oh well.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    It's there, those are some cute chickens.
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Thanks!
    Gotta vent a minute: "Move routes" have been unintuitive and clunky since the 90's and I absolutely cannot believe there is no built-in functionality to direct an event to an x, y coordinate. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
    Reactions: kirbwarrior
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    I don't have MZ either but I haven't seen improvements to move routes touted anywhere. And yeah, the TED talk reference is definitely ironic, more in reference to the fact that I'm saying something that no one cares what I'm saying, similar to a TED talk. XD
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    I think it would be great to tell an NPC to pathfind to specific coordinates, but I think the reason it was done this way was because Move Route is a lot of things, one of which is actually changing the location of an event. That just happens to be the primary usage of it. If anything, I'd want both.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Unfortunately, part of why it's this way is so that common events can use the same commands and interface as map events
    Now RPG Maker has brought him here. He will never be rid of his need for it. He hates and loves the RPG Maker, just as he hates and loves himself. Featherbrain's life is a sad story. Yes, Featherbrain, he was called. Before the RPG Maker found him. Before it drove him mad.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......
i love my game very much
Uh, I'm probably overthinking this, but I think that some of my music sounds kinda...bad?
The melodies are just sort of awkward, and don't flow.
I'm really not sure what to do. Why am I even worrying about this? I don't even have a battle system yet!
And the Lord said, let there be lighting effects! And there were lighting effects! And it was good...ish? Might tweak this some more.
Today was a day of good things! Thank you fate! I pray to the darkness that those that read this will enjoy a good day as well! Power to the gam mak.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rubbun