Feldschlacht IV
Last Activity:
Jul 29, 2017

Share This Page

Feldschlacht IV

Veteran, Male, from Seattle

Veteran

Video games absolutely cannot be both 'art' and 'things I like and definitely not something that makes me uncomfortable' at the same time. Jul 12, 2017

Feldschlacht IV was last seen:
Jul 29, 2017
    1. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      Video games absolutely cannot be both 'art' and 'things I like and definitely not something that makes me uncomfortable' at the same time.
      1. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Art is subjective. Every game is art. This post is art. My empty pop tart wrappers are art. Doesn't have to make you uncomfortable.
        Jul 12, 2017
      2. Feldschlacht IV
        Feldschlacht IV
        I don't mean to say that art is 'only things that make you uncomfortable'. What I mean is, is that art isn't just things that you like, or things that are in your comfort zone.

Art being subjective is exactly what I mean by this.
        Jul 12, 2017
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Ah, well you phrased it weird. Cuz saying art cannot be "things you like and definitely not something that makes me uncomfortable" implies there is a set definition on what is art, because if art is both of these things it must not really be art since it absolutely cannot be so.
        Jul 12, 2017
    2. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      While the overall package wasn't a heavy hitter, Breath of Fire IV had some pretty rad ideas that I think are worth revisiting.
    3. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      Much thanks to JosephSeraph for lending his talents to Chronology of the Last Era. You're awesome!
      1. Arcmagik likes this.
    4. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
    5. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      Hey all; I need some feedback on my Character Gameplay Showcase on my game's blog! Tell me what you think and tell me what you'd like to see more!
    6. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      1. 1 person likes this.
    7. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
    8. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
    9. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      Perspiration beats inspiration almost every time. Don't wait for it, work for it.
    10. Feldschlacht IV
    11. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      I've updated the devlog for Chronology with my latest series; "Character Gameplay Showcase". So far I have two characters, Callox and Dmitri. Check them out if you're interested!

Callox Pallisade

Dmitri Harcourt
    12. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      I did some tinkering to Chronology of the Last Era's blog. If you're having trouble with it, note that it's still http://chronologyofthelastera.tumblr.com/, but some of the pages may no longer be there. Let me know if you have any issues accessing content.
    13. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      With a few exceptions, Xenogears had some really cool explorable environments/dungeons. Except the last dungeon. Holy crud did they drop the ball on that one.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    14. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      At first writing bestiary entries was just a fun side thing to add in my game, but it's proven to be a real writing prompt, worldbuilder, and writing blockbuster.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. kovak
        kovak
        Maybe checking the Monsternomicon may give you some boost :v
        Jul 29, 2016
    15. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      You know what's hard? Making up fictional, but non ridiculous sounding names.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. kovak
        kovak
        I use name generators to get inspired and not frick up :/
        Jul 27, 2016
        2 people like this.
      4. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        Dr. Awesome

Commander Psycho

Lawrence Larry Lawrence

Squid-Face Pete

Black Jack McStevens

All fictional, yet non-ridiculous, sounding names.
        Jul 27, 2016
        2 people like this.
      5. Sarlecc
        Sarlecc
        @DesperateMeasurez Now you made me want to re-watch Ghost Breakers starring Bob Hope as Lawrence (Lawrence) Lawrence again.
        Jul 27, 2016
    16. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      A little while ago I stated that the social media for my title, Chronology of the Last Era was kinda lacking, so I made a Tumblr and a Twitter. I was unsure on how successful they would be, but thanks to interested fans they're growing quite nicely. Thanks for the support, guys! I appreciate it and keep checking it out for more updates!
    17. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      1. 3 people like this.
    18. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      Who else keeps design notes of their project, whether written or typed? Does anyone have any tips?
    19. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      Item descriptions are a HUGE part of worldbuilding and lorecrafting for me, and I always notice when they're done expertly. Dragon Age: Origins and Tactics Ogre are good examples of this. I'm trying to emulate that in my project as well. Anyone else appreciate interesting descriptions for items and equipment?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Iliketea
        Iliketea
        I do ^^

I try to make my descriptions both funny ( if it fits) and informative.

But it is quite a bit of work.
        May 9, 2016
      3. Feldschlacht IV
        Feldschlacht IV
        its a good writing prompt exercise though; how much can you make something sound interesting AND informative in a very finite amount of text?
        May 9, 2016
    20. Feldschlacht IV
      Feldschlacht IV
      I'm torn on having my 'mage' character have access to all elements in his spells, or just a few of them, having elements 'spread' throughout the characters and mages. That way, I'm encouraging the player to 'choose wisely' and form smart teams as opposed to having one guy they can use to hit all elemental weaknesses and nuke everyone. I want to encourage tactical AND strategic thinking.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Robin
        Robin
        I do like to spread elements throughout the characters, but it does change the roles. When the precise element isn't important, multiple characters will have both physical and magical 'answers' to challenges in battle. If you have a dedicate black mage, they can have all the magical related answers.
        May 8, 2016
      3. Robin
        Robin
        I do like to spread elements throughout the characters, but it does change the roles. When the precise element isn't important, multiple characters will have both physical and magical 'answers' to challenges in battle. If you have a dedicate black mage, they can have all the magic related answers.
        May 8, 2016
      4. Feldschlacht IV
        Feldschlacht IV
        I really like that concept you brought up, the concept of 'answers' to the challenges posed to the player in battle. Definitely gives me another angle to think about.
        May 8, 2016
  • About

First Language:
    English

Signature

[​IMG]

Check out the Twitter and the Tumblr as well!