Fernyfer775
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I truly adore this community. You all do such an amazing job of providing great resources for us to use for our projects. I sincerely thank you. :D
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    And you've done your part too with the Yanfly animations, so thanks.
    I am soooooooooo boooooooored, Friday, please, hurry!!!
    lolshtar
    lolshtar
    stop wasting time, start working on notetags from new already announced plugins
    My highlight of the day for the past week or so has been the MV videos being released. I am so excited for MV to come out!
    tati light
    Agreed! The videos are very exciting.
    I want to do RPG MAKER game Let's Plays, but I don't even know where to start. -.-
    DeviTheHuman
    DeviTheHuman
    Well, the first step would be to get some screen recording software.

Then pick a game.

Record yourself playing the game.

Edit your recording.

Upload to YouTube.

????

Profit!
    Idril
    Idril
    I want to do LPs too, my only problem is it's not quiet enough in my house to record any commentary :(
    Dickjutsu
    Dickjutsu
    Have a laptop and a headset? You could always record the game footage, edit the video, then record the audio someplace else where its quiet enough to do so.

Also...you could LP this one: http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/582
    Demon Hunter hit over 2500 downloads. Thinking a Demon Hunter 2 when MV comes out would be fun...
    Demon Hunter has hit 1,000+ downloads! Woohooooo! > :D
    Kinerex
    Kinerex
    Demon Hunter is one of the games you made I'm assuming? Excellent job!
    Event making takes SO much longer when you try to have all 4 party members present on screen during cut-scenes and dialogue. >_>
    EternalShadow
    EternalShadow
    Someone made me a script somewhere that disables changing actor formation of the first actor - I think Yanfly's can do it too.
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    @Hotfirelegend: Yeah, that's the one I'm actually using. It's a great script and saving me so much eventing headaches.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    That does work, yes. However I ran into this issue in my game because I wanted the player to be able to switch in and out the lead actor (as part of the strategy of the battle system is being able to switch players on the fly, not having actor 1 stuck as first all the time). Had to get a script written to fix it so that actor 1 shows for cutscenes regardless of who was leading (activated via a switch).
    I find it amusing when I stumble upon posts from some members on this forums from 2-3 years back when they were just noobs and can now see some of the amazing things they've created since them. #makesmehappy
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    There's a couple that are like "how do I make weapons?" and now they have like 2+ games that are some of my personal favorite on this forum! :D
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Unless of course you do what I did and lurk for a month or two before posting, so as to learn the basics by reading everything that was posted.
    Mako Star
    Mako Star
    I think it would be kind of fun to hit "New Game" on my RM knowledge and start all over again
    I posted my game on the RMN website two days ago and it has brought SO much traffic to my game that it's making me giddy! :DDDD
    So, now that Demon Hunter is pretty much finished other than some balancing here and there, I was hoping to make a more modern style game with no magic, but instead, guns, futuristic tech, etc....hmmmm. So much planning, so little patience.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    Sounds refreshing to me :)
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    I'm also on the fence on whether I want to use VX ACE or XP. Demon Hunter was on ACE, and I've pretty much mastered that program, but I like the way mapping works in Xp.
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    I would go vx ace due to scripts. (that is the only reason I don't use xp)
    Demon Hunter has been extensively test-played from start to finish by myself and three test-players and is now officially BUG FREE! *cheer* Updated the download to reflect all of the fixes and changes, and the game can now be played from start to finish. :D
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    No Shaz, noooooo----!
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    She's right, though... No matter how many bugs you think you've squashed, there will always be more. Playtest it again! Have your playtesters playtest it to the ground. :) WE WANT A SHINY GAME TO LP (When we come back to LPing) ! D8
    Shaz
    Shaz
    We have 20+ people test our games, a few of them playing several times through. There are ALWAYS bugs still in there that only get discovered after release, when hundreds of people play it. Just expect/anticipate it and have a plan to do another release a week or two later, after the bugs that were missed in testing have been found and fixed :)
    After a bazillion test plays, I think I've finally gotten to a point where I feel satisfied with the balancing of my game...now time to comb out any lingering bugs and I can officially call it completed!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekko_Hime