Fernyfer775
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• It makes me grin with joy when I see people do "Let's Plays" of my game and they positive things about it or laugh at some of the content. *Proud Creator* :D
    That moment when you find a tile that your character isn't supposed to be able to walk through and you get paranoid that there might be more so you obsessively replay your normally 5 hour demo running along EVERY tile to make sure there's no other errors...
    Diretooth
    Diretooth
    Or you could look at the tileset manager in the Database and look at the passability.

However, yes, that would be very terrifying and frustrating.
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    The tile that was bugging out on my was fine in the editor, which is why I'm paranoid. It's something to do with the script I removed...somehow it's bugging out a tile here and there. *shrug*
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I do have a passability script that might help with this. Lets you walk on your map and shows you the areas that are passable and impassible without you having to try each one.
    Making it my goal to wrap up my game by August 25th when college classes start up again. Some recent positive feedback I've gotten has given me the push I needed to complete my game. Thank you to all of those who have played it and given me feedback...it is GREATLY appreciated!
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Do you have a thread? Next month - I want to PLAY games!
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    That I do:

148 total downloads and going strong! ^_^
    I REALLY want to continue on my game, but I really dislike mapping...I'm fairly good at it, but I find it to be the most boring part of the game creation process. #Nevergoingtofinish
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Sketcy-Sketch
    Well, everyone has their strengths and weaknesses in certain areas. That's why it's always fun to build a team. One person is a good writer, another is a mapper, another knows battle mechanics, etc. Helps make things move more swiftly and pleasantly. ^^
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    I should probably look into getting a mapper. That would make things soooooo much easier lol. I've literally stopped half-way through my game because I can't get myself to map anymore, and it's a shame because I have a handful of people eagerly awaiting for me to finish up my project so that they could finish playing it.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    But mapping alone does not make or break the game. Even if someone's maps out there are better, that doesn't mean yours are necessarily bad. Also, to keep motivation going, work on the aspects of the game you want to work on, and come back to the others at a later time.
    Boyfriend went and bought us Final Fantasy 14...looks like my game will be seeing very little to no progress for a while...CURSES! >_>
    Mage Heart
    Mage Heart
    I despise games where I must buy them, then pay a subscribtion to keep playing.
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    I played WOW for almost 7 years straight, so it doesn't bug me to be honest. Subscribers paying a monthly fee = more game staff/developers = more updates/bug fixes/etc.
    If I keep going back and fixing the little things in my game, I will NEVER finish it -.- I should really just get the maps and story line 100% and then worry about the "fixes" afterwards. #OCD with Balancing!
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    Tastes*
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Or you suddenly come across a random passability error and it makes you paranoid that there are more that you've missed somewhere.
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    ^ THAT! Especially because I'm using a "In-Dept Map" script, which allows you to stand behind walls and stuff, I have to test-play my games walking along EVERY wall in my game to make sure there's no errors lol...
    Caved in and bought Monster Legacy from PV Games and redid ALL of the enemies for my game. I now have over 160 animated enemies for my game, and I must say, it turned out beyond great and I am EXTREMELY excited about how much life it brings to my battle system! > :D
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    There are a handful of those scripts around. Victor has one, and there's also one by Modern Algebra (that I'm using in my current project). They both work in a somewhat similar way. You just have to import the spritesheet into your project as normal and then rename the file according to what you need (in this case it's simply to specify that the spritesheet has 8 frames so that the script can recognize that).
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    Thanks Matseb! I will look at Modern Algebra
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    Matseb, you rock! Thank you! *I totally messaged you BEFORE reading this, haha!*
    I always feel bad when I make changes to my demo that requires my players to have to create a new save file to continue. Lucky for me, they like my game enough that they don't mind starting over...but still! D:
    defunct-user
    defunct-user
    If it uses the standard RMVA RTP, I'll be sure to play it after the contest. Sounds cool!
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    It does indeed use the standard RTP, and great, I always appreciate more players!
    Shaz
    Shaz
    It's just a thing when you're developing and making demos. I always TRY to prevent players having to restart with new beta releases, but tell them to be prepared that they MAY have to, and they should only volunteer to beta test if they're okay with that if it happens. Get it out the road now, before you release it :)
    I just found a script for making "in-dept" maps...dear GOD, here goes 2-3 days of implementing it. -_-
    I just made a "flash back" battle scene, and I must say...I am awfully proud of how it turned out! > :D
    Bukarett
    Bukarett
    I can't wait to see it! :D Could you link me to your game thread so I could follow it? :D I would love to see the end result!
    Fernyfer775
    Fernyfer775
    Sure ^_^
    Bukarett
    Bukarett
    Thank you so much! :D I will patiently await progress! Good luck!
    I hit the 50 downloads mark on my newest demo release, but alas...have only gotten feedback from 2 people!? Le-cry! D:
    Uzuki
    Uzuki
    A lot of people just never give back feedback. But at least you know there are 50 people in the world playing your game :3
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Yeah I've gotten my share of downloads and views, but only less than 1/10 of them leave feedback.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder... If I develop my own game hacks, does it count as beating the game my own way?
First 12 minutes of gameplay.

bio-Synthetica's Database plugin is complete. Players will be able to find and unlock various tutorials and lore as they reach certain points. There are 5 categories of files you can unlock: Audio Clips, Data Files, Bestiary, Earth History, and Tutorials.

1653160049600.png

Thank you Dsiver for this amazing plugin! :kaothx:
My favorite kind of progress? Reverse progress! First, change some small feature of your game. Second, go back through and change 6,000 tiny things related to that minor alteration just to get your game playable again. What fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dion40