STEAL THIS RPG MAKER IDEA: Inspired by Preach Gaming's "Drama Time" series, a simulation made in RPG Maker where you create, recruit members for, and manage a Raiding Guild of an MMORPG, with the Actors being procedurally generated representations of the players within the guild, with RPG Maker's stats representing traits pertinent to raiding in an MMO.
If I had a dollar for every newly-released film I saw last week where the climactic finale took place in a stadium-- involved the stadium getting utterly demolished --I'd have two dollars. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened in two otherwise VERY different films in such a short time span.
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
So I've been playing through the Mass Effect Legacy Collection lately, and even though I'm only at the 2nd game, boy howdy do I have a lot to say; I wanna say about 85% of it is positive, while the remaining 15% is going to be either negatives or damning with faint praise.
NGL, as much as I love MV's RTP tilesets, I highkey really miss VX Ace's RTP character sprites, especially the ones you could make yourself in the character sprite maker. Several of the clothing options in VX Ace that didn't make it into MV were perfect for my project's tone (endearing/hilariously Uncanny Valley faces notwithstanding).
With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.