Recent content by Former_Sky

1. Former_Sky

How to avoid getting distracted?

Putting up some music. If you make a habit of listening to a particular genre while you work, it'll help more.
  2. Former_Sky

Things in RPGs that annoy you.

Amnesia openings. The minute an RPG Maker project mentions the fact that the main character can't remember their past, I click the back button right away. It rarely adds anything to the game and is pretty lazy storytelling.
  3. Former_Sky

RMVXA Goliacanth- A Fishing RPG

Edited the top post with a short bio and some questions, like how does the game look, are you interested in playing this or not? What kind of combat do you like from other games? Are there any other fishing games that you enjoy? Let me know!
  4. Former_Sky

A fair bit of new content has been made for the game over the last couple of weeks. First, I'm used Khas Lighting Script to add some lights and shadows to certain areas in the game. For the haunted mansion it is especially awesome. I've also finished a new sidequest. Once you head into the...
  5. Former_Sky

Stories from the 70s-90s?

-I almost forgot how we had to blow in cartridges to get some NES games working. -Trying to mess with the rabbit ear antenna to get the best signal. -Be kind, rewind. Likewise, heading to the rental store to grab a movie or a game to rent. -I remember back in the 90s how you could rent entire...
  6. Former_Sky

Hello all! I added some more paragraphs of information to the game in the synopsis, to give a better idea of how the game plays. Also, to add a few things I forgot to mention in my initial post; I'd like to complete the game this year, and upon release the game will be free.
  7. Former_Sky

RMMV Mana Star

Anything that is influenced by Golden Sun is interesting in my book.
  8. Former_Sky

Video games that have inspired you in your own RPG Maker projects

It always changes per game. Currently it's Legend of the River King, a fascinating game that is a little too rage inducing for it's own good. I believe there's some good ideas to be mined there, such as the idea of a hybrid rpg/fishing game.
  9. Former_Sky

RPG Maker online course?

Why would I pay for a course when there's so many free resources out there? Google searching has helped me with so many problems I've run into along my rpg making journey. Although...if there was something like a pdf document that helped with everything, I could see that as useful. But I'm not...
  10. Former_Sky

Hi I'm Former_Sky, I've been making games on RPG Maker 1 for about 13 years now. Friends and other colleagues have been pushing me to put my ideas on a more visible platform for a while now, so here is my newest idea. This is my first project on a PC maker. My idea and motivation was to make a...
  11. Former_Sky

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Here are some screenshots of my soon-to-be announced game. It's a fishing game with some rpg elements.
  12. Former_Sky

If no one cares about your game does it make sense to keep making it?

You gotta love the game you're making first.
  13. Former_Sky

Favorite Monster Collectors?

Nothing better than some Pokemon Gold/Silver, playing on a Gameboy Color with the worm light attachment playing in the night trying not to get caught.
  14. Former_Sky

Chrono trigger SNES style composition

If you told me it was a missing track from the original, I would believe you.
  15. Former_Sky

Stars & Oceans Thereof

I actually played this last year and enjoyed it. If it's doing nothing for you now, best to play something else. The remaster only adds things like portraits and new voicework.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I constantly go back and forth between kickstarter and indiegogo...one garners far more attention while the other is so much safer....
I just finished Variables I lesson! Urrah! I'll be publishing it soon. :smile:
Hopefully brighten your Monday.
SwordSkill wrote on alice_gristle's profile.
Hey, wanna give my project a try? I promise it will be easy.
Seeker Clones.png
Work on the Decepticon Seeker sprites is taking longer than I anticipated. I have five down: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Nova Storm. Three left to go: Ion Storm, Sunstorm (needs rework), and Slipstream. After completing their walking sprites, should I wait to post them after I've done a transformation sequence?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwuapo