Recent content by Frozen_Phoenix

1. Frozen_Phoenix

RPG Maker MV Extended Generator - Version Alpha 0.10 - Update on the 7th September 2019

Awesome program! Not sure if it has been suggested, or even if it is possible, but a good idea is to add a complete color picker or just a box where we can enter our desired hex code. Sometimes the color we want aren't there in the defaults.
  2. Frozen_Phoenix

How long should it take from pressing "Start Game" to player's first battle?

Battles, gearing, puzzles... anything that is actually playing the game instead of just reading plot.
  3. Frozen_Phoenix

How long should it take from pressing "Start Game" to player's first battle?

Action (not necessarily a battle) should come as fast as possible, it's a game not a movie.
  4. Frozen_Phoenix

How can I make that the healer class is not required?

Make other forms of healing/sustaining more effective.
  5. Frozen_Phoenix

Automatic vs. Manual stat increase on level ups

If you have a lot of characters, then go automatic. If you have few characters (less or equal to a party), go with manual.
  6. Frozen_Phoenix

How do you encourage the player to use all of your party members?

Balance all the characters so they have (almost) equal power then let the player decide what they want to use. If the player want to use the same four characters through the game, then let him, artificial restrictions to force the player to behave in a certain way feel bad.
  7. Frozen_Phoenix

man it feels good to actually get a project going

Yeah, finishing them is the hard part
  8. Frozen_Phoenix

I like the basics

You're just lazy btw. This is so true. Most people that put a lot of effort in custom graphics and music forget that it is a game, disregarding the core aspects like gameplay.
  9. Frozen_Phoenix

Why is RNG so despised?

It can make the player feel cheated, actually it can be complete BS if used incorrectly. RNG should be used to decide equivalent outcomes or the outcomes should even out in the current scope. Examples: In a battle, the foe has 1000 HP, your attacks deal 100 damage, if you have a 25%...
  10. Frozen_Phoenix

Full Item and Skill Descriptions

@Berin Too much work man, also I think it works for weapons/armors/items.
  11. Frozen_Phoenix

Can a RPGMaker game be good without custom resources?

Good? Yes. It will be harder to sell, though. If your goal is to make money, then investing in custom resources is a good idea.
  12. Frozen_Phoenix

Do you give the enemies a finite amount of resources(MP/ammo/AP/etc)?

It basically just increases complexity as there is another resource to manage... I like it as it allows more diversity in spells and adds more depth to the game. For enemies: just give them a way to restore MP.
  13. Frozen_Phoenix

Check if target is a state affected

You can break the event if the condition is not met:
  14. Frozen_Phoenix

Pros and cons of a straightforward leveling system

Standard if you have a lot of different characters to pick and form a party, you don't get individual character customization, but you have party customization. Also having to manage the stats of several characters would be pretty annoying. Go with stats distribution if you have few characters...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"
Need Antidote for a cold. x,x
Just bought another dlc off of steam. I'm loving these "POP!" packs :)
Every once in awhile, somebody reminds me events don't normally pass through each other. What's next? Maps with borders? Weirdos. :LZSwink:
How do Yu Gi Oh main characters manage to always pull out the right card? I keep loosing duels due to not getting any monsters to defend myself :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tzimisce0573