Congrats to Germany :) Jul 14, 2014

frrrosty was last seen:
Sep 21, 2014
    1. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Congrats to Germany :)
    2. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      PKs are the absolute stupidest way to decide a match.
    3. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Germany with the touchdown victory over Brazil! Wow!!
    4. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Been exhausted lately. Have work to do but I only want to work on my RPG stuff :\
    5. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Happy 4th, fellow Americans :) I'm spending the beginning of it spriting, haha... burgers and fireworks later!
      1. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        Happy Birthday America!
        Jul 5, 2014
    6. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Got my Oregon driver's license today. I look like a hobo without my glasses XD
      1. Clydous
        Clydous
        Regardless, congrats! =D
        Jul 3, 2014
    7. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Good luck to everyone entering the IGMC!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. ??????
        ??????
        ^ Same :D
        Jun 30, 2014
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Thank you! Best of luck to you as well if you're entering!
        Jun 30, 2014
      4. Polite Whale
        Polite Whale
        Thanks! Let's hope the best!
        Jun 30, 2014
    8. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Haha, I accidentally made a pudgy version of the child base. Gonna have to use it now!
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        That sounds amazing.
        Jun 29, 2014
      2. frrrosty
        frrrosty
        I'm pretty happy with it, heh. I posted it in my pixel art thread if you're interested.
        Jun 29, 2014
    9. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Total love/hate relationship with 3-frame animations. Not enough to do great walk/run cycles, but great at limiting the amount of work I have to do.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Agreed!
        Jun 29, 2014
    10. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      First pass at base side female running sprite done! Looks different from the male one. I'm happy with it so far.
    11. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Back to sprites today. Gonna start by fixing up the bad lighting :(
    12. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      BOOM! Done with learning Ruby on Codecademy! It was a productive day, even if I didn't get to do any spritework.
    13. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      100 exercises down in Codecademy for Ruby. Awesome learning tool. Thanks for the link, @Flare_Fox!
      2. Bukarett
        Bukarett
        Practice makes perfect! :D Keep it up Frrrosty!
        Jun 26, 2014
      3. NPC
        NPC
        Love CA. :3
        Jun 26, 2014
      4. CtrlAltLee
        CtrlAltLee
        You've got talent, haha. I got to a certain point and got stuck on the Create A Histogram. ;_; Right now I'm enrolled in a MOOC to learn Programming for Beginners, seeing if I'll have more luck when I go back to cA. Congrats btw. :)
        Jun 26, 2014
    14. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Starting to get the hang of this site... actually found that pesky "Edit About Me" button too, hidden in plain sight!
      1. That Bread
        That Bread
        That was the last thing I noticed when I was new here.
        Jun 25, 2014
    15. frrrosty
      frrrosty
      Go easy on me, I'm new!
      2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        I'll burn you with the power of Alastor! XD... Welcome to the community!
        Jun 25, 2014
      3. Knightmare
        Knightmare
        Easy.....EASY!!! Alright! NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 50!!!
        Jun 25, 2014
      4. frrrosty
        frrrosty
        @Knightmare Won't pushups just toughen me up for all the people that want to eat me?
        Jun 25, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    March 15
    First Language:
    English
    :beard:

Hi!  I do game design.  In service of this I tend to be self-taught in a few things.  I'm used to programming games more directly so how RPG Maker works is pretty new to me, but I'm hoping I can use it to get a few ideas out there into the world.

I'm largely self-taught in programming, with my best skills in C# and AS3.  I'm planning on learning Ruby enough to hopefully contribute to the community.  But it's pretty different from the other languages I'm familiar with.  I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually though!

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, and I've wanted to make them for about as long.  I learned from my friend in high school as we programmed a little RPG in QBasic.  We had a horse that said "neigh" and everything, and it was the coolest thing ever.  You should've seen it.

Dogs or cats?

I'm a dog person, but I love most pets in general.

Ketchup or mustard?

Mustard!  Ketchup is vile.

Favorite drinks?

Bourbon or whiskey, usually straight.  An Old Fashioned if you're gonna make something with it.

Favorite books?

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  Lord of the Rings.  A Song of Ice and Fire.  The Martian Chronicles.  Red/Green/Blue Mars. Crime and Punishment.  

Favorite movies?

Lost in Translation.  There Will Be Blood.  No Country for Old Men.  Gravity.  Aliens.  Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  Groundhog Day.  Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.  Pretty much anything with Bill Murray, actually.

------------------------

Favorite games?

At the moment, my top 10 games (in no particular order)...

Legend of Zelda (NES)

This is the game that made me want to design games!

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

My favorite "world" in a game.  Fantastic characters and design.

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

Probably the best storytelling in a game.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

Exhilarating and pure. Incredible music and visuals.  The mechanics reinforce the story.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (PC)

I love sci-fi, and this game gets it right in a way that most games, movies, and books don't.  Amazing characters and backstory, along with classic gameplay.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

There are a ton of Mario games I love, but this one dethrones Super Mario 64 as my favorite.  It's pure joy compressed onto a disc.

Grandia 2 (Dreamcast)

Hey, an RPG! This one has the best battle system of any RPG I've ever played.  The other Grandia games are great too, but this one just hits the sweetspot for me.

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)

The best racing game ever made.

Baseball Stars (NES)

The best baseball game ever made.  Yes, back on the NES.  It still hasn't been topped!

Earthbound (SNES)

Utterly charming, one of the best written games I've ever played.  The story is so heartwarming and lovely, funny, weird, and ultimately real.  Love it.

------------------------

Well, that should be enough to give you a quick first impression.  If you want to know anything else, you know how to find me  :p

Game design, programming, pixel art