:beard:

Hi!  I do game design.  In service of this I tend to be self-taught in a few things.  I'm used to programming games more directly so how RPG Maker works is pretty new to me, but I'm hoping I can use it to get a few ideas out there into the world.

I'm largely self-taught in programming, with my best skills in C# and AS3.  I'm planning on learning Ruby enough to hopefully contribute to the community.  But it's pretty different from the other languages I'm familiar with.  I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually though!

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, and I've wanted to make them for about as long.  I learned from my friend in high school as we programmed a little RPG in QBasic.  We had a horse that said "neigh" and everything, and it was the coolest thing ever.  You should've seen it.

Dogs or cats?

I'm a dog person, but I love most pets in general.

Ketchup or mustard?

Mustard!  Ketchup is vile.

Favorite drinks?

Bourbon or whiskey, usually straight.  An Old Fashioned if you're gonna make something with it.

Favorite books?

Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.  Lord of the Rings.  A Song of Ice and Fire.  The Martian Chronicles.  Red/Green/Blue Mars. Crime and Punishment.  

Favorite movies?

Lost in Translation.  There Will Be Blood.  No Country for Old Men.  Gravity.  Aliens.  Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  Groundhog Day.  Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou.  Pretty much anything with Bill Murray, actually.

------------------------

Favorite games?

At the moment, my top 10 games (in no particular order)...

Legend of Zelda (NES)

This is the game that made me want to design games!

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)

My favorite "world" in a game.  Fantastic characters and design.

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

Probably the best storytelling in a game.

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

Exhilarating and pure. Incredible music and visuals.  The mechanics reinforce the story.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (PC)

I love sci-fi, and this game gets it right in a way that most games, movies, and books don't.  Amazing characters and backstory, along with classic gameplay.

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

There are a ton of Mario games I love, but this one dethrones Super Mario 64 as my favorite.  It's pure joy compressed onto a disc.

Grandia 2 (Dreamcast)

Hey, an RPG! This one has the best battle system of any RPG I've ever played.  The other Grandia games are great too, but this one just hits the sweetspot for me.

F-Zero GX (Gamecube)

The best racing game ever made.

Baseball Stars (NES)

The best baseball game ever made.  Yes, back on the NES.  It still hasn't been topped!

Earthbound (SNES)

Utterly charming, one of the best written games I've ever played.  The story is so heartwarming and lovely, funny, weird, and ultimately real.  Love it.

------------------------

Well, that should be enough to give you a quick first impression.  If you want to know anything else, you know how to find me  :p

Game design, programming, pixel art
Birthday
March 15
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Following

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I kinda came back and learned how to mod other RPG Maker games so... Hello everyone!
Captura-de-pantalla-475.png
Version 1.0.1 done! Now finally free time... oh
Capture.PNG
I'm Really proud of how my game over screen looks!
UldJFr1.png
I felt inspired by a piece of art I saw. So I made this.

Wanderer Doge.png

Thought i'd be cool to have like a company introduction. Check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luxheo