Gabrelik
Last Activity:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Awarded Medals 1

Share This Page

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches, Male, from Florida, USA

Veteran

New LP's up for IGMC entries:https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/gabreliks-lets-play-igmc2018.102831/#post-932424 Jan 15, 2019

Gabrelik was last seen:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:16 AM
    1. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      There was so much talent in this IGMC! Just finished playing another game. Some of these are absolutely wonderful. :cutesmile:
      1. Guiguimu likes this.
    2. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Been in and out of pocket for a little while and just getting to all of the messages. Sorry, and please bear with me!
    3. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      The sense of entitlement in some people absolutely boggles the mind...and how do you reach a point where you are completely oblivious to it?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Yes, @nio kasgami , that is very depressing, as Restaff was a wonderful opportunity to build community fellowship and for artists to showcase their beautiful work. I've been finding the same in clients lately. They expect the world, and have no appreciation for time and effort. I am thankful for those who are better than this.
        Jun 19, 2017
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        @Philosophus Vagus , ignorance can be bliss. What bothers me most, however, is when the ignorant are enlightened, and yet choose to remain in ignorance.
        Jun 19, 2017
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        I know how you feel. There are lots of people who just think they're superior and everyone else is wrong, for the simple reason that they feel like they are the only person on the planet. People these days need to actually listen to the ideas of others and not just drown everyone else out. The best thing to do with people like that is just not talk about those subjects, or you'll learn to hate everyone.
        Jun 19, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
    4. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      I'm going to eat this sweet potato because I must. However, while quite delicious and satisfying, this is not the cake I was looking for...
      1. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        Sweet Potatoes are not complete without marshmellows. :p
        May 2, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        It's okay. I'm sure you already know that the cake is a lie. Sweet potatoes, however, are always truthful.
        May 2, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        The cake is a lie!!!
        May 2, 2017
    5. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      My life is like a Rihanna song right now: work, work, work...and I don't really understand the rest.
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        same here...
        Apr 13, 2017
    6. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Another rainy day. I love them...just not the being stuck at work part.
      1. Snow White, Guiguimu and mlogan like this.
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Be safe on your drive home!! Hopefully you'll have some rain at nighttime as well, and you can listen to the rain rolling off the buildings outside as you enjoy time at a place that's not work. :)
        Apr 1, 2017
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Truth. I always prefer rainy days to non. Much better for making resources. ;)
        Apr 1, 2017
        Snow White, Guiguimu and Wavelength like this.
      4. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Rain is inspiration. Rain is romance. Rain is water. XD
        Apr 1, 2017
        Snow White, Wavelength and Gabrelik like this.
    7. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      It is St. Patty's Day! Wish I could say I was not off to drink this evening...but that would not be true. :)
    8. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      So, my Wacom Intuos Pro came in (finally). Suggestions on ideal settings? Or is factory sufficient to start? :dizzy:
      1. dragoonwys
        dragoonwys
        Ouuu congrats on your new Wacom! I would like to suggest trying out the fresh out of factory state first, if it's not to your liking you can always switch it up later. 8)
        Mar 18, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        Just calibrate and maybe set shortcut keys and you are good to go
        Mar 18, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
    9. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      There has been a subtle showdown going on between myself, and the bag of pizza rolls in my freezer...I don't think I'm going to win.
      2. Rieker
        Rieker
        You can't win trust me, thanks to this comment I now have a craving for them. Now it is only a matter of time before they inhabit the freezer once again.
        Mar 17, 2017
        Stanley, Gabrelik and Reapergurl like this.
      3. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Same for me except with bon bons. Lots of them.
        Mar 17, 2017
        Stanley, Rieker and Gabrelik like this.
      4. Stanley
        Stanley
        You don't lose when you have pizza, aha
        Mar 17, 2017
        Gabrelik, Rieker and Reapergurl like this.
    10. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Would a biplane be a useful resource people would want? Both as tiles and as a vehicle sprite for travel on the map?
      1. palinskyjoe likes this.
      2. palinskyjoe
        palinskyjoe
        I think that sounds awesome, personally. Your work is swell so it would be cool to see how you come up with a biplane!
        Mar 15, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Thanks! I'll admit I started on it already. :/ I should hopefully have at least the front view posted soon. :)
        Mar 15, 2017
        palinskyjoe likes this.
    11. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Really need to work on my project, but...food. Food is always the reason for my delays. That, and Bohemian Rhapsody.
      1. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
        Mar 14, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Caught in a landslide...no escape from realityyyyy.
        Mar 14, 2017
    12. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      New Wacom case came in the mail today...new Wacom still not here. -_-
    13. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      I should be sleeping...but there is so much work to be done! Ahhhhh!
      1. Marsigne likes this.
    14. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Being unable to get onto the forums made me realize how much time I spend on the forums...I think I have a problem. >_>
      1. Arcmagik, palinskyjoe and LxCharon like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Kes
        Kes
        I think that's probably true for a lot of people!
        Feb 4, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      4. Arcmagik
        Arcmagik
        Me too... Me too.
        Feb 4, 2017
        Gabrelik likes this.
      5. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Still figuring out the changes, but people seem to be liking the revision.
        Feb 4, 2017
        LxCharon likes this.
    15. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Finally getting serious with a project. Forgot how exciting this could be. :D   
    16. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Almost having more fun creating resources than working on my own project. Is that strange? Considering starting over again with all custom work, but I'm enough of a perfectionist to know I still need tons of practice. What to do?
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        I know that feeling well.  Eventually I just gave in and decided to make art and not worry too much if I had a game for it to go into or not.  I let other people make games with it and that works well for me.  Eventually I think I'll make a game of my own but I'm happy with things the way they are right now.
        Dec 20, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        No it is not strange, I enjoy helping people here a lot too, and I've hardly gotten any work done on my game. And, starting over is not really necessary, just keep the game as is, but add your stuff. 
        Dec 20, 2016
      3. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        I'm glad it's a shared feeling. When I was working solely on the project, I was exposed to so many amazing artists and so many varying styles that it was often difficult to focus on capturing a singular theme. Honestly, seeing the work of the community was my inspiration to take up art again in the first place. There is definitely a strong sense of pride in seeing others use your work. It's like when you watch someone opening a gift you got for them; far more satisfying that receiving one, yourself.
        Dec 20, 2016
    17. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      Hmmm...dumb healthy food, or super delicious, deluxe double cheeseburger with extra, extra bacon? Truly, a debilitating decision. I think I'll have to go with the cheeseburger...because reasons.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Michael Caiola
        Michael Caiola
        I know it's common practice. I'm not demonizing people who aren't vegan. I would never do that. I would demonize the factory farm industry, though. But that's besides the point.

The animals we eat are just as intelligent as human kids. Once I learned that it became very difficult for me to be okay eating them.

Taarna, I'll ignore the sarcasm and respond politely. I'm talking about the egg and dairy industries, not local family farms. And yes, most vegans are peaceful. It doesn't seem that way because we don't make headlines or cause drama. You only see the ones that do.
        Dec 2, 2016
        Andronius likes this.
      4. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        @Michael Caiola I've had to cull chickens before. It's not fun, but it has to be done. It's not just factory farms which cull male chicks.

Don't demonise anyone. The various food industries have to feed millions of people, if not more. They aren't needlessly cruel, at least not in the UK, and do try to use more humane methods to cull animals. This is the reality of it, though. Nothing you eat is without harm - even crops cause massive damage to various ecosystems and microbiology. However, not growing crops and not culling animals is simply not an option. People need feeding. We might have insect farms in the future, though. :p

I do respect your beliefs, though. I'd never kill an animal for no reason.
        Dec 2, 2016
      5. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        *grabs popcorn glazed with salty beef tallow*
        Dec 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    18. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      GIMP just randomly errored out and I lost lost all my work on a new battler...not a happy squirrel. -_-
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        Yep. Having to start all over again from the sketch. Lineart, color, shading...everything.
        Oct 29, 2016
      3. Michael Caiola
        Michael Caiola
        I know how that feels... Go get ice cream or something before you start again.
        Oct 29, 2016
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Ctrl-S on a regular basis!
        Oct 29, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. Sinnistar
      Sinnistar
      If you're curious to see my cannon set in action you can see my video demonstration of the first version of it here: 

It has since been improved and the side versions are also set up and working. I haven't had any time to do the down facing versions just yet but yeah they look pretty smooth overall when set up right lol.
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        I'm still learning, myself. I actually just pulled up an old picture of a cannon and started from there, one pixel at a time48970.IPB:
        Oct 2, 2016
      3. Sinnistar
        Sinnistar
        me too oddly enough lol. That actually looks quite similar to the one I used as my reference heh xD. I made a sort of rectangle and then added the base where the wheels would be and went on from there to shape it better and rework the texture to look like RTP style lol. Took quite the bit of time though.
        Oct 2, 2016
      4. Sinnistar
        Sinnistar
        I didn't think about the rope though lol. I forgot they would use chains and rope to hold it from the recoil. The image I used was just the cannon lol so it wasn't actually fitted on a ship like that one is. xP but it still acts like it is tied down with the recoil lol
        Oct 2, 2016
    20. Gabrelik
      Gabrelik
      As a public service announcement, I would just like to say that Pizza Rolls are amazing...that is all.
      2. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        ...nothing is bigger than pizza rolls.

Moving is no fun though. Better place, at least? Aside from the functional kitchen, of course. 
        Sep 27, 2016
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Brand new! What complicates matters is moving the old place out and the new one in. But, it's fun to say that I'm moving but my address isn't changing. XD
        Sep 27, 2016
      4. Gabrelik
        Gabrelik
        I think it still counts. :D
        Sep 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Signature