Gabrelik
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• There was so much talent in this IGMC! Just finished playing another game. Some of these are absolutely wonderful. :cutesmile:
    Been in and out of pocket for a little while and just getting to all of the messages. Sorry, and please bear with me!
    The sense of entitlement in some people absolutely boggles the mind...and how do you reach a point where you are completely oblivious to it?
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Yes, @nio kasgami , that is very depressing, as Restaff was a wonderful opportunity to build community fellowship and for artists to showcase their beautiful work. I've been finding the same in clients lately. They expect the world, and have no appreciation for time and effort. I am thankful for those who are better than this.
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    @Philosophus Vagus , ignorance can be bliss. What bothers me most, however, is when the ignorant are enlightened, and yet choose to remain in ignorance.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I know how you feel. There are lots of people who just think they're superior and everyone else is wrong, for the simple reason that they feel like they are the only person on the planet. People these days need to actually listen to the ideas of others and not just drown everyone else out. The best thing to do with people like that is just not talk about those subjects, or you'll learn to hate everyone.
    I'm going to eat this sweet potato because I must. However, while quite delicious and satisfying, this is not the cake I was looking for...
    Seacliff
    Seacliff
    Sweet Potatoes are not complete without marshmellows. :p
    taarna23
    taarna23
    It's okay. I'm sure you already know that the cake is a lie. Sweet potatoes, however, are always truthful.
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    The cake is a lie!!!
    Another rainy day. I love them...just not the being stuck at work part.
    It is St. Patty's Day! Wish I could say I was not off to drink this evening...but that would not be true. :)
    So, my Wacom Intuos Pro came in (finally). Suggestions on ideal settings? Or is factory sufficient to start? :dizzy:
    dragoonwys
    dragoonwys
    Ouuu congrats on your new Wacom! I would like to suggest trying out the fresh out of factory state first, if it's not to your liking you can always switch it up later. 8)
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Just calibrate and maybe set shortcut keys and you are good to go
    There has been a subtle showdown going on between myself, and the bag of pizza rolls in my freezer...I don't think I'm going to win.
    Would a biplane be a useful resource people would want? Both as tiles and as a vehicle sprite for travel on the map?
    Reactions: palinskyjoe
    palinskyjoe
    palinskyjoe
    I think that sounds awesome, personally. Your work is swell so it would be cool to see how you come up with a biplane!
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Thanks! I'll admit I started on it already. :/ I should hopefully have at least the front view posted soon. :)
    Really need to work on my project, but...food. Food is always the reason for my delays. That, and Bohemian Rhapsody.
    KayZaman
    KayZaman
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Caught in a landslide...no escape from realityyyyy.
    Almost having more fun creating resources than working on my own project. Is that strange? Considering starting over again with all custom work, but I'm enough of a perfectionist to know I still need tons of practice. What to do?
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I know that feeling well.  Eventually I just gave in and decided to make art and not worry too much if I had a game for it to go into or not.  I let other people make games with it and that works well for me.  Eventually I think I'll make a game of my own but I'm happy with things the way they are right now.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    No it is not strange, I enjoy helping people here a lot too, and I've hardly gotten any work done on my game. And, starting over is not really necessary, just keep the game as is, but add your stuff. 
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    I'm glad it's a shared feeling. When I was working solely on the project, I was exposed to so many amazing artists and so many varying styles that it was often difficult to focus on capturing a singular theme. Honestly, seeing the work of the community was my inspiration to take up art again in the first place. There is definitely a strong sense of pride in seeing others use your work. It's like when you watch someone opening a gift you got for them; far more satisfying that receiving one, yourself.
    Hmmm...dumb healthy food, or super delicious, deluxe double cheeseburger with extra, extra bacon? Truly, a debilitating decision. I think I'll have to go with the cheeseburger...because reasons.
    Reactions: 1 person
    Michael Caiola
    Michael Caiola
    I know it's common practice. I'm not demonizing people who aren't vegan. I would never do that. I would demonize the factory farm industry, though. But that's besides the point.

The animals we eat are just as intelligent as human kids. Once I learned that it became very difficult for me to be okay eating them.

Taarna, I'll ignore the sarcasm and respond politely. I'm talking about the egg and dairy industries, not local family farms. And yes, most vegans are peaceful. It doesn't seem that way because we don't make headlines or cause drama. You only see the ones that do.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @Michael Caiola I've had to cull chickens before. It's not fun, but it has to be done. It's not just factory farms which cull male chicks.

Don't demonise anyone. The various food industries have to feed millions of people, if not more. They aren't needlessly cruel, at least not in the UK, and do try to use more humane methods to cull animals. This is the reality of it, though. Nothing you eat is without harm - even crops cause massive damage to various ecosystems and microbiology. However, not growing crops and not culling animals is simply not an option. People need feeding. We might have insect farms in the future, though. :p

I do respect your beliefs, though. I'd never kill an animal for no reason.
    Simon D. Aelsi
    Simon D. Aelsi
    *grabs popcorn glazed with salty beef tallow*
    GIMP just randomly errored out and I lost lost all my work on a new battler...not a happy squirrel. -_-
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tofire