Galenmereth

Share This Page

Galenmereth

I thought what I'd do was, Male, from Norway

Veteran

I find it easier to create towns and places for people to live in first, and to then imagine the personalities inhabiting these places. Jul 10, 2019

1. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      I find it easier to create towns and places for people to live in first, and to then imagine the personalities inhabiting these places.
      1. Switz likes this.
      2. Switz
        Switz
        True, however, then you would never be in a situation you'd really need to challenge yourself. I say a mix of them is good because it allows you to keep honing your skills to the next level
        Jul 10, 2019
    2. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Experiment: Visually showing gatherable items, changing the effect the closer the player gets:
      1. Archeia, Kvothe, Plueschkatze and 3 others like this.
      2. Bex
        Bex
        I realy like it, well done.
        May 30, 2019
    3. LUNARMAX
      LUNARMAX
      Hey, hello! Remember that Vendor thing you were developing some time ago? Remember there was a cool inventory system there? Could you release it as separate system?
      If you can, please do it, many people would kill for such a plugin
      1. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        The challenge with that is that its interface clashes a lot with both MV's visual design but also how it functions underneath. I have gotten a lot of requests, however, and I am considering finding a solution :)
        May 23, 2019
      2. cabfe
        cabfe
        @Galenmereth Didn't you start with Ace? What happened to your Ruby script then?
        May 23, 2019
      3. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        @cabfe I did indeed. The ruby scripts exist, but they were written around a complete rewrite of Ace's window systems. Pulling them out and making them standalone is unfeasible, especially since I don't do Ace development anymore.
        May 23, 2019
        DarkHunter likes this.
    4. Galenmereth
      1. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        o_O ... that's soon? In my lifetime? That's pretty awesome.
        May 22, 2019
        Galenmereth likes this.
    5. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Yesterday is heavy. Put it down.
    6. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      1. Kyuukon likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. ??????
        ??????
        ooft, 2017 aha. shows how long ive not wrote a normal plugin for :D
        May 11, 2019
      4. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Hehe I know what you mean. I just started again this month myself.
        May 11, 2019
      5. ??????
        ??????
        tbh, i'm not even 'rpg making' atm, just helping write up a program for a friend and chatting to folk whilst im here. I do have a plugin idea or two coming though ;)

some of those new options are pretty useful though. so much better than just basic parameters like how it was before :D
        May 11, 2019
    7. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Customisable screenshot functionality:
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko and Kyuukon like this.
      2. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Called via the Plugin Command "Photo <FrameName>". I'll be using this for the player's "diary" ingame, but it could easily be made more general and be used for stuff like custom screenshots etc.
        May 4, 2019
    8. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Auto-updated switches and variables, without parallell processing. Useful for others as well? (Big gif)
      1. DarkHunter, ?????? and Bonkers like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. ??????
        ??????
        yea for sure, but when a user can F12 and type $gameParty... it kinda defeats any hope of protection anyway - at least from someone who knows roughly what they are doing lol
        May 3, 2019
      4. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        True, although you can disable that key and make it harder. It’s not much different from opening the console in most other games. I’ve completely broken Fallout 4 that way

But when the game is played as intended, and user input is handled, at least then you want it to be safely handled.
        May 3, 2019
      5. ??????
        ??????
        yea for sure, there are ways to make it more tedious for 'hackers'. but you know yourself, its never going to be perfect security :)
        May 3, 2019
    9. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      I am so happy to finally work on a passion project again <3
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Yep, or rather, a project I've been planning and writing on for years :D
        May 2, 2019
        ?????? and Finnuval like this.
      3. ??????
        ??????
        "years" - thats devotion :p
        May 2, 2019
      4. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Oh that does make it sound a bit more devoted than it’s been. While it’s been an idea shaped and formed over years, it’s not something I’ve actively worked on that long. It’s been off and on. But it should at least be a matured idea :)
        May 2, 2019
        ?????? likes this.
    10. Galenmereth
      1. ?????? and Finnuval like this.
    11. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      It's been a while
      1. Bonkers, Drifter92 and Stapleton like this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        We've missed you =D
        Apr 26, 2019
        Galenmereth likes this.
    12. Black Mamba
      Black Mamba
      Hey bro, what about your grid inventory from The Vendor
    13. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Working on a toolset to make custom GUI implementations a lot easier: YouTube link:
      1. Chaos17
        Chaos17
        Oh my! I think you should work with this guy, you've both the same wish and vision:

I think both of your tool look grat that would be so cool if both of you could combine your effort together. I will sen him your video :)
        May 18, 2017
        SatansAngel and Galenmereth like this.
      2. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        @Chaos17 That is a really cool project. The approach is different enough to warrant separate projects, but I'm gonna keep an eye on that.
        May 18, 2017
        Chaos17 likes this.
      3. SatansAngel
        SatansAngel
        Awesome! Following you now to keep track on it!
        Also, Archeia has a professional one for sale on her website you might want to look at.
        Jun 7, 2017
    14. astracat111
      astracat111
      Hello sir, I wanted to write to you to tell you that you have saved my game demo with your TDDP Preload Manager 2.0 update. Please update your website as well with it, it works great for deploying a game to PC. Your 1.1.1 manager didn't work as well and turned out really slow though, especially for some reason with preloading music.
      1. Tuomo L
        Tuomo L
        How did you get this to work? Is there an update after RC 6? The RC 6 crashes on me saying there's not a file even though I triple checked there was one.
        May 6, 2017
    15. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Kinda sad to see so much negativity around No Man's Sky. The game is a niche game that got marketed to a mainstream audience, and that is definitely the fault of Hello Games and Sony. But really it's a tremendous game for the people it's actually aimed at, like me. I love it to death.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Welcome back!  How was vacay?
        Aug 23, 2016
      3. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Yeah, I bet it's a deadline issue so they cut out a lot of the promissed stuff... hope those come by on a later update.

Also, it's funny to see people complaining while they have like 30 hours on Steam.
        Aug 23, 2016
      4. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        No Man's Sky is incredible. I'm pretty sure everyone who's hating on this game loves games like Destiny.
        Aug 23, 2016
    16. Galenmereth
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Ooh! I do love those kinds of shops, especially when there's an element of randomness to them.
        Jun 22, 2016
    17. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Progress thingy; main menu animation and design concept getting there finally: 
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Best viewed in fullscreen for the semi-halftone shading.
        May 29, 2016
      3. kovak
        kovak
        reminds me of Skyrim menu
        May 29, 2016
    18. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      A happy little side effect of my gather system means you can pick up items in close proximity without moving: 
    19. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Gathering spot particles and icon popups~ 

Now all that remains is the item info popup window when you get up close to the spots, and also picking them up persistently.
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Nice!
        May 22, 2016
    20. Galenmereth
      Galenmereth
      Today's WIP update: 
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. nio kasgami
        nio kasgami
        dayum all on the same scene?
        May 17, 2016
      3. Galenmereth
        Galenmereth
        Yeah, I lay it on top of Scene_Map and pause input handling for that scene, but I might pause it too later on. The windows are all managed by a "controller" that's a bit like a scene but can be used in conjunction with multiple scenes instead as a logic layer on top.
        May 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. darkelite
        darkelite
        Nice!
        May 17, 2016
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Books, writing, games, asian culture, etc etc

Signature

Completed: The Vendor (IGMC 2014) | Current: Syncope | TDDP MV Plugins
    [​IMG]
    Winner of IGMC 2014 Humble Bundle Choice (RPG)