Recent content by Gallimed

1. Gallimed

How do you come up with a custom character in a game?

Whoops, I've misread the thread and just wanted to vent about how terrible I am. If i can make custom characters, i usually check for fun abilities first, and then decide the look of my character. I usually settle down with a cute girl as my main character
  2. Gallimed

What got you into RPG Making

I've toyed with RPG 2k3 a long time ago but i never bothered to make something worthwhile. Now that i got a story and characters going I'm hoping to make a good game with MV.
  3. Gallimed

Are there times when you feel a little too old for this? (Making games)

You are never too old to make games. If you start worrying about your age or how you spend your time then you may reconsider what you are doing. When you'll have a job and understand what sort of money you're making while doing something you don't like, then you'll see why it is important to...
  4. Gallimed

Coffee

Coffee is only a gateway for a sugary drink without people judging you:kaopride:
  5. Gallimed

reasons why you think a game should be considered a masterpiece (one of the best)

Interaction between the main character and the NPCs is one of the biggest deal in a game. People will talk about certain games, but if you manage to nail memorable characters that people will care about, then you've nailed a huge fanbase around your game. Just look at Undertale and all the...
  6. Gallimed

Who thought the first two Paper Mario games were really fun games?

They were both fun. Super Paper Mario had a good story despite having a different gameplay. After that i couldn't bother with the Sticker star formula
  7. Gallimed

How do you come up with a custom character in a game?

Depends entirely on you and what you want honestly. My artstyle is terrible but i can make my characters express themselves so i go for easy to draw cartoon animals with human features.
  8. Gallimed

FFnumbered series love/hate relationship

Oh man i love these sort of threads :kaoluv: FF1: Great little game if you want your own team of named characters going through adventures FF2: Skipped because i didn't like the gameplay FF3: Loved the Nes version, skipped the DS. They've refined the FF formula and made the music enjoyable...
  9. Gallimed

Idle/walking/running animation

Thanks, I'll try that and see what i can do. I'm still open to more plugins just in case :kaoluv:
  10. Gallimed

Games that inspired you

Oh boy, that is a good one. I'd say my main inspiration is Mario&Luigi. I love how the characters have a wide variety of expression when doing combos and attacks. I have no idea if i can replicate something like this with RPG Maker but I'll try
  11. Gallimed

Bad Reputation of RPG Maker

I'd say it's because people feel a big disdain if they see the normal RTP graphics, or something akin to the RPG Maker style. For them this is just a big red flag that the game doesn't have anything revolutionary and won't stand out from the rest. You could have a great story but having these...
  12. Gallimed

Hello there!

I got myself RPG Maker through the humble bundle and made some short games to familiarize myself with the engine. I'll be using MV since it is the most recent one and hopefully i will be able to make my dream game come through soon. :kaojoy: I already have most of the plot and backstory done...
  13. Gallimed

First RPG game you ever played

Super Mario RPG. It somehow made me enjoy all sort of RPG because I'd press a button thinking it would give me more damage for games like Pokemon.
  14. Gallimed

Lets talk Zelda

I love the Oracles games for their password system and completion of each others. Seasons was comfy while Ages felt better when it came to characters. I also wish they'd do a proper 3D game that features motion controls without all the handholding like they did for Skyward Sword.
  15. Gallimed

Idle/walking/running animation

Is there any way to achieve that? I'd like to have my characters have more animation than just three frames when walking and running about. Bonus point if i can cycle frames instead of working around it. It would be appreciated if i could also make animation like laughing/climbing...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is the "2 status updates 24h" still in effect?
My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*
I feel like it's about time I share all the result of my experiment project here. But there's a lot of it.
Me and brother have an ongoing rivalry. We constantly fight for the High Score in Galaga on our arcade cabinet. Today I take back the top with 239,000. He'll be back. (No-Fire glitch is banned)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChrisCKC