gaydarade
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Excitement: I've spent the last week making a little update package for VE Fog & Overlay, and finally got it working in my test environment!

Dread: Sigma fullscreen and Zeus's map effects are screaming at me when I add them into the mix.
    I updated Victor's Fog & Overlay script to fix a bug, and it actually worked. I am a real scripter now.
    gaydarade
    gaydarade
    Ruby:
      class Game_Player
        alias :perform_transfer_ve_fog_and_overlay :perform_transfer
        def perform_transfer
          if $game_player.new_map_id == $game_map.map_id
            $game_map.fog_x -= (@x - @new_x)
            $game_map.fog_y -= (@y - @new_y)
          end
          perform_transfer_ve_fog_and_overlay
        end
      end
    gaydarade
    gaydarade
    never mind im not a real scripter, im a liar, and i need to work on this some more.
    gaydarade
    gaydarade
    Okay, here we go, got it:
    Ruby:
      class Game_Player
        alias :perform_transfer_ve_fog_and_overlay :perform_transfer
        def perform_transfer
          if $game_player.new_map_id == $game_map.map_id
            $game_map.fog_x -= (@x - @new_x) if $game_map.loop_horizontal?
            $game_map.fog_y -= (@y - @new_y) if $game_map.loop_vertical?
          end
          perform_transfer_ve_fog_and_overlay
        end
      end
    Found another bug with Gab's Sigma Fullscreen where scrolling maps don't load their sprites until you cross over the map boundary, and it's super visible some edge cases. Gotta put that on the pile as soon as I'm finished adding features to victor's fog script.
    gaydarade
    gaydarade
    Ah, and there's another one, with Victor's fog script. I'm going to be working on these upgrades and fixes for the fog script for literally forever.
    [VX Ace] Gab's "Σ Fullscreen" didn't work with black fadeout map transfer events out of the box, but I got over my fear of scripting and managed to make some edits to the script to make it work! Yay!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.
A secret desire of mine: I want to make a horror game based on Celtic mythology. I've seen plenty of Greek, Japanese and Norse mythology-based horror games, but I don't think I've ever seen a Celtic-based horror game anywhere...
FF Opera Omnia is in quite a bizarre state right now. As soon as the tutorial is completed, the game levels all characters to level 70 and makes all new characters start at level 70.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beginner37