GenericFantasyDev
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Played Octopath Traveller, and it made me want to make my first project using its formula by it where theirs 7 characters and you start with one of them, then the chapter basis, hmmmmm what do ya'll think?
    Reactions: mantaslukocius
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    Fair enough, however that idea will become a reality eventually
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Octopath Traveller isn't the first game to do this though. That game would probably be Dragon Quest 4. There's also an RPG Maker game that was made that was inspired by the "Chapter" concept, called Hero's Realm, made by kentona, the former site admin for RMN (rpgmaker.net). He's also working on a commercial remake of it with upgraded content.
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    @Animebryan the octopath formula isnt chapter based like that, i would best explain it that their is no set overarching plot rather, each party member has a story that you can follow each split into 8 chapters, (So octopath would be a total of 64 chapters).
    i'm being nerfed by my lack of incompetence at digital art xd, the way i'm investing in a graphics tablet
    I lowk am stuck with ideas on Crimson Prelude, cause I got the general idea of the follow-up Evangelist, but prelude is a tricky one, plus the final fantasy project, I need to release something though.

I might just whip up a story real quick and make a high quality game as my first project and push these to the side.

Maybe a gacha rpg xd.......YES
    TRIDIUM
    TRIDIUM
    Dang, and here I was trying to make a low-quality game....
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    truss, ive been binging those "Terrible RPGMaker Games" vids on youtube, so i alr know my bar is very low xd
    Current Content Roadmap: Plan to complete: May 2024

-Finish the base maps, currently 1/25 done
    -Finish Chapters 1-5 content
    -Finish up the side quest system
    -Complete the first Symphony
    -Complete the first 3 Trials n' Tribulations, 5 EX dungeons, and 2 crest palaces
    -Refine the Unit Gacha system
    -clean up my messy ass plugin setup xd
    staring college applications, high key scary now in a year from now ill be in the next stage of my life XD
    SpyroFan67
    SpyroFan67
    I've been doing college for six years and in two years I graduate and will go to my job so I know the feeling. I mean, it's my dream job, but still, I'm a little nervous.
    :3 Also heres a image of the first Inn:

Map001.png
    In the case of a world ending threat the world has a countermeasure, concealed in its core lies the god of death, and the goddess of light, the god of death would purge all life of the planet leaving it barren, then the goddess of life would open her heart absorbing all living souls, they would then call upon the god of the sun to expand the earths core into a new planet which the heart would be placed. starting anew
    Reactions: mantaslukocius
    TRIDIUM
    TRIDIUM
    Geez, bummer for the god of death. Just tryin to do his job.
    Working on your game's lore?
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    ofc, since the game has so many freaking plot intersections im writing out all the lore then gonna find where to place em' in the game to ensure the player sees them, i might also add a Nibelheim flashback sequence aswell.
    Bro, Top Boy Final Season was so fking amazing, it easily topped any show that came out in the last few years, yeah sure episodes 2-5 were slow but the rest, peak writing. Cant spoil cause i aint sure if theres any netflix owners on this site
    Bro people in my school are delinquents, so I was in enterprise class, when two kids bought out a white rock like substance, i thought it was white chocolate until he got high asf, then he shouted he was eating uhhhhh, raw coca cola, yhhh, icl our generation is so lost xd.
    Finna incorporate my fave Final Fantasy character back into the story...Genesis Rhapsodos, the Crimson Evangelist.

Also going to post the "Unit Archive" thread when i come home from skl tmmrw, starting with our brooding MC Cloud Strife :)) Also got Genisis done so might aswell post him aswell.
    ZombieKidzRule
    ZombieKidzRule
    I think I only understood half of the words in your post so I am going to just say…cool? Just based on the perceived tone of the words I did understand.
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    @Sword_of_Dusk It's a tie between our silver haired beauty and genisis, but cause crisis core was the first game ive ever played, and i have memories of my brother playing against him, he's my fave for sentimental reasons, sephiroth is my favourite if were talking non bias
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    @ZombieKidzRule For my game im going to release a thread basically showcasing all units in the game and giving suggested builds, just used some UK slang in there mb xd
    Finished making Cloud for Crisis Conclusion:
    reveal details soon in a forum thread.
    Reactions: TRIDIUM
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    @TRIDIUM Mhm, it's a project in legacy of one of my friends who recently moved away, so i pushed aside my main project and am making a dissidia final fantasy 7 game which wraps up the entire verse and explains all the confusing plot holes.

Plus me and him devised a super in depth combat system thats turned based but makes you be careful with just spamming
    TRIDIUM
    TRIDIUM
    Good luck! And, sorry that your friend moved away. That can be really tough.
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    @TRIDIUM ofc, lowk sad cause its abroad, i gifted him mv so he can help out and send me any skill data he makes cause hes been learning java, so its a group project as well as a sendoff
    Just bought the doodads plugins, omdz this is such a lifesaver xd
    SpyroFan67
    SpyroFan67
    How do doodads even work in RPG Maker? Do they act as object sprites? What exactly ARE they?
    mantaslukocius
    mantaslukocius
    download Knight editor it have less options but so good to use!
    GenericFantasyDev
    GenericFantasyDev
    @SpyroFan67 they work as a alternative for parallax mapping, so the spirtes are solid and have the same collision options as normal tiles, except you can place tiles anywhere without sticking to MV's ****ty layer system or grid.

I'll place a example of doodads tmmrw fr ya'.
    My first month anniversary review: YESH love the community. Nothing else to say, short sweet simple, hope to get to know more people throughout my idk how long stay here xd
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Me working on a deadline, "don't make the baseline and chords too funky, don't over compose it... remember, you have to finish it." Touches MIDI controller...instant funk.
TGA are coming up, and I'm still mad Lies of P didn't get nominated.
Like, they chose a remake of a 20 year old game and a vanilla 2D Mario game over it?

Bah, humbug!
I'll be there for the trailers and whatever weird mistakes are made.
I've bundled all my free plugin releases on itch.io I'll add more later, feel free to check it out! https://starlit.itch.io/rm-free-plugins
If I could draw, my Game Jam title screen would be a Krampus sitting in Santa's chair, his long, blonde hair flowing in the wind, sipping on an Espresso, while snacking on cheddar popcorn, chewing on an orange pencil pensively, while completing a crossword puzzle. I guess it's a good thing I can't draw.
Time for the next chance for y'all to affect my advent calendar! Where should Day 7's sprite come from: land, sea, or demon realm? :rwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuki7744111