Recent content by Gensun

1. Gensun

China stole my free to play game

Sometimes I don't understand why Xi Jinping would be offended over Winnie the Pooh nor do I understand why he stole OP's game :confused:
  2. Gensun

RMVX Project dogquest (unofficial name) game idea

Sometimes plot important details are better left revealed much later in the story. Would it be possible that the emotional impact would be much higher if the player finds that out later rather than sooner?
  3. Gensun

Thinking about it, I played a jam game that has a similar premise to yours, it can definitely work as a regular fantasy rpg as well. I was thinking horror since it can make the player feel the protagonist's fears. Then again, maybe doing a regular fantasy RPG might benefit from being more...
  4. Gensun

Sounds like a story suited for a horror RPG style, is that the genre you or your team is going for?
  5. Gensun

Interactable background objects

To relate to that, I once got praise for a section of a game I made that had interactable objects for literally every thing. It was when you control a quirky minor character for a random character arc I added for padding. He had quirky dialogue from everything from curtains to pillars. My...
  6. Gensun

Interactable background objects

By "interactable background objects" I mean objects that does anything from showing some text or change a visual effect in another room, but aren't part of any puzzle or isn't needed to drive either the main or side stories. When are they done right? When do they detract?
  7. Gensun

RMVXA Story idea: Philosophical game with themes of justice and the future

There are huge political implications that come with seeing that people have unchangeable characteristics of being criminal. The game also takes an extremely violent solution to the problem, I would be more likely to take interest if instead of the solution being to kill the person, the solution...
  8. Gensun

Played and finished Mad Father, one of the older RPGmaker horror games out there. That was one...

Played and finished Mad Father, one of the older RPGmaker horror games out there. That was one mad, MAD father
  9. Gensun

RMMV Tried simultaneously rendering two versions of a map for a DIY masking-based lighting plugin. Got 8 FPS [RESOLVED]

Took a while but I managed to get my desired lighting plugin working! For whatever reason my masking layer needs to be applied after 1/8th second wait after loading otherwise the mask gets ignored. I can't figure out why and nothing in PIXI's documentation says anything. Oh well, I will just...
  10. Gensun

RMMV Haunted Mall

Am in the process of producing assets for a prototype!
  11. Gensun

RMMV Tried simultaneously rendering two versions of a map for a DIY masking-based lighting plugin. Got 8 FPS [RESOLVED]

I'm really close. After restructuring my assets and the code so lit and unlit versions are on the same tileset, I found out that I can just assign a PIXI.Graphics object to the map scene's Shader_Tilemap object responsible for handling the game map's rendering. I got a masking effect working in...
  12. Gensun

RMMV AI Generated Portraits for Game Portraits

If I see these styles used for a RM game I'm expecting it to be some sort of "realistic" game. There's a lot of JRPG mechanics that might clash with the art style, just sayin'
  13. Gensun

What makes an RPGMaker game visually stand out?

I speak only for myself but a game that most likely grabs my attention is one that has an art style that communicates what the game is about. Good graphics can't just be unique, it has to synergize with every other aspect of your game design
  14. Gensun

So I'm aiming for a horror game which I need to start getting gud with lighting. My goal is to make a lighting plugin that works by having all tiles and sprites having a "lit" and "unlit" version each rendered on to a lit/unlit layer respectively. Then, a transparent mask applied on the "unlit"...
  15. Gensun

lmao ever read about "moral noncognitivism"? It's interesting stuff

lmao ever read about "moral noncognitivism"? It's interesting stuff

Latest Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fake_Annouji