Recent content by Germelshausen

1. Germelshausen

My father and I were at a car-show admiring some Depression Era automobiles when a nearby...

My father and I were at a car-show admiring some Depression Era automobiles when a nearby speaker was playing "God's Gonna Cut You Down" by The Jubalaires. For whatever reason it made me think of the Crimson Skies series, but what if it was automobiles instead of aircraft? Throw in a massive...
  2. Germelshausen

[IMG] A character exploration for a fun little side project that I've started working on more...

A character exploration for a fun little side project that I've started working on more seriously. Kudos to anyone who recognizes the reference. Sparkplug is an outrider of the Skycarp Squadron, a mercenary force led by Commander Khaos who sell their services to oppressed communities in the arid...
  3. Germelshausen

As an example: check out the story of Dorothy Lawrence, an English freelance writer. With the...

As an example: check out the story of Dorothy Lawrence, an English freelance writer. With the help of several sympathetic soldiers, she was able to disguise herself and go to the frontlines. She was discovered and was accused of being an enemy agent all while she tried protecting the men who...
  4. Germelshausen

After considerable thought, I've decided to drop the medic game. I just don't feel comfortable...

After considerable thought, I've decided to drop the medic game. I just don't feel comfortable enough to do the subject matter any justice. I plan to do something about the women who disguised themselves as men to join the war, much more creative freedom. Also much more drama can be written...
  5. Germelshausen

new person here!

Welcome to the dark side arsMori! Nice to have another artist join the RPG-Maker cult.
  6. Germelshausen

What part of your game do you usually work on first?

Generally, after the idea phase, I try to refine the idea and omit things that the game can do without. Got a side-character who has no other purpose than to say a few lines of dialogue, kick them out and use someone else. A game mechanic that can be simplified further? Do it! Work smarter, not...
  7. Germelshausen

RMMV A Sanitäter Simulator!

That depends. If a strudel is made of curdled milk, ground up beets and turnips, cockchafer beetle "flour", machine oil, and powdered hay... Is it still a strudel? :kaoswt2:
  8. Germelshausen

Sorry it took me so long to reply VCraft! Been busy with work the last two weeks. Glad to hear to hear it! It has been a very slow process, but I hope to have a running demo by the end of the year, if not sooner.
  9. Germelshausen

Thanks! If there's interest, I'd be glad to share the sprite sheets with the forum once I can get around to finishing the last of the environmental and character assets. Far from the best sprite work out there, but it's a start. Seconded! Supportive roles always seem to offer a broader range of...
  10. Germelshausen

[IMG] Been there way too many times, hopefully they were good ideas!

Been there way too many times, hopefully they were good ideas!
  11. Germelshausen

Does Parallax Mapping Affect the Frame Rate in RPGM:MV?

Aha, gotcha! I figured it didn't have any effect unless it was a large map size, but wanted to be extra sure. Many thanks for the clarification Soulrender and Shaz!
  12. Germelshausen

Does Parallax Mapping Affect the Frame Rate in RPGM:MV?

Odd question, but I wanted to ask before getting too far into the project. My intent was to parallax map most if not all of the game, but I don't want to waste unnecessary time on custom map designs if parallax mapping will cause a significant drop in the frame rate. Cheers!
  13. Germelshausen

[IMG] Been busy helping some family members with a flea market all weekend. Not progress has...

Been busy helping some family members with a flea market all weekend. Not progress has been made but I've got raging sun burns so I've got that going at least. Just finished a doctor's coat (modification of the other greatcoats), a gauze face mask, a M.1915 Gummimaske (right), and a M.1917...
  14. Germelshausen

Oho, gotta love dark psychological plots! Is there anywhere to check on the progress of the game?

Oho, gotta love dark psychological plots! Is there anywhere to check on the progress of the game?
  15. Germelshausen

Rules Ideas That Don’t Deserve Their Own Thread

My apologies beforehand if this is in the wrong forum category! What's is your opinion of finding hidden little musical Easter-eggs in games? To elaborate, my project revolves around a makeshift hospital during the Great War. My idea was to include a gramophone as an interactive set-piece...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!
I typically ask this on my normal social media channels, but figured there may be good replies here. Anyone got any good horror movie recommendations? I've seen a lot, but I always love getting suggestions! Bonus points if you know which service it is streaming on (in the US) - bring on the spOoooOky!
 After a few distractions (and my annual rough second week of October), I’m getting back on track with my OMGC project.
 Am I overcomplicating it? Yes. Am I going to tone it down? Almost certainly not.
 At least the dialogue stuff is almost done. I need to do the map itself, and then all that’s left is combat.
 Getting there!
Creating 3D CGs for Cutscenes. :kaosalute:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kelard