Recent content by Ghost314

1. Ghost314

RPG Maker MZ Typescript edition

I managed to finish a first draft of the type declaration files for the window classes, so I started looking deeper into how to compile the RMMZ javascript files with typescript to emit declaration files. The main error I kept getting was TS9005, so I asked a question on stack overflow and got...
  2. Ghost314

As long as we're messing around with tsc, I'm going to link an article I found: https://dev.to/open-wc/generating-typescript-definition-files-from-javascript-5bp2 They talk about using tsc along with jsdoc comments to generate a more complete set of .d.ts files for a .js library. It seems you...
  3. Ghost314

I'll take a look at it when I have time, I also need to ask a general question though. Suppose we have a class hierarchy where class B extends class A (A is the super class). Then we have a method X that accepts parameter Y, and calls a method declared in class A on parameter Y. However when...
  4. Ghost314

I actually knew about tsc, you can use compiler options to tell it to compile .js files and you can tell it to emit .d.ts files both at the same time. I ran into trouble though trying to actually compile those .js files (I am relatively new to typescript). So I ended up doing it myself. If...
  5. Ghost314

I got tired of manually creating files and copy-pasting class and method names so I created a java utility to do most of the work. It takes 2 arguments when run, first is the path to a javascript file, and the second is an output directory folder. It parses the javascript file with regular...
  6. Ghost314

I took a look at the windows.js file and tried writing out the type definitions for Window_Base. It took longer than I expected :dizzy: but I have a pull request on GitHub that you can review when you have time. I'll probably try to do at least one class a day during the week.
  7. Ghost314

What makes a good JRPG combat system?

What fascinates me about chess, especially when comparing it to JRPG combat systems, is that the units involved in the combat, their abilities, and their starting positions are forever unchanging. There is absolutely no variety in the initial setup or in the types of enemies you're facing...
  8. Ghost314

I was already planning to write my scripts in typescript since it's what my work uses and I could use the extra practice. So I have a strong interest in this project. I've been a bit hesitant to help with the re-writing of the code because I can't find any indication on the project page of who...
  9. Ghost314

web deployment help

I was messing around with this just yesterday. If you happen to be on a windows operating system, there's an optional windows feature you can enable that will allow you to run a web server right on your own local machine. If you follow the instructions here...
  10. Ghost314

RMMZ Has anyone got automated tests working?

I'm a major believer in automated testing (particularly for large scale projects), but with RPG maker it seems a bit tricky. I suppose unit testing could work if we isolate our own .js code from the rest of RPG maker and use mocks and an integration layer. However if you do most of your edits in...
  11. Ghost314

If I want to contribute documentation to classes/methods as I continue experimenting with RMMZ, should I write them in JSDoc format or TSDoc format? Also is it worth copy/pasting the comments from the base javascript files into the corresponding places in the d.ts files, or will those be linked...
  12. Ghost314

RMMZ where do i find all the diffrent classes available for RPG maker MZ?

That's actually the sort of thing I was hoping to find (for MZ) when I came into this thread. I'll bet there are some automated tools that can parse javascript files and generate something like that. We would probably need to add more comments to the original code to get more reasonable...
  13. Ghost314

RMMZ where do i find all the diffrent classes available for RPG maker MZ?

I'm new to rpgmaker, so I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but if you look at the folder where your project is saved on disk, you'll see a folder in there labeled 'js'. Inside the js folder it looks like they have a folder for libraries, another one for plugins, and a bunch...
  14. Ghost314

I didn't realize QTE was so controversial :guffaw:. When I said it was more engaging all I really meant was that it has the player take a more active role in the characters executing their moves as opposed to simply watching things unfold. Weather that adds to the fun or not will ultimately...
  15. Ghost314

Sorry in advance for the giant wall of text, but this has been bugging me for almost a week :rswt. I've been puzzling for a while now over how to make a good combat system for a JRPG style game. My main gripe with most JRPG combat systems I've encountered is that they tend to become repetitive...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?
Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TuxedoedPenguin