Sep 3, 2019

Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
Nov 28, 1958 (Age: 60)

Share This Page

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!, Female, 60, from East Coast, USA

Veteran

I miss rpg maker. real life is kicking my ass. I'm okay, so no worries. just harried as all get out. Jul 25, 2018

GrandmaDeb was last seen:
Sep 3, 2019
    1. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      1. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        That's supposed to be her site, yes. Guess it's gone.
        Aug 27, 2014
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        =[ /me sighs Okay, thanks.
        Aug 27, 2014
    2. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Two more assignments and I am done with a class required for my job.... I don't wanna, but I gotta - pushing through.....
      1. View previous comments...
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Go Deb!!!! You can do it!!!
        Aug 20, 2014
      3. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        You can do it :)
        Aug 20, 2014
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Done! Mailed the packet. (Yes, a technology class with a snail-mail submission. I guess they want to know if you can print stuff!) Applied for online grading.

/me does the omg I'm done dance
        Aug 21, 2014
    3. GrandmaDeb
    4. GrandmaDeb
      2. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        Crud. It may let doodlers off the hook. But my kind... The dreaded daydreamers. It openly condemns us. I got through school with mostly A's, B's and a few C's, but the good Lord knows I was daydreaming the whole stinking time.
        Aug 15, 2014
      3. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        I used to doodle in school ALL THE TIME. Pretending I was paying attention. I almost didn't graduate on time...
        Aug 15, 2014
      4. Omega Weapon
        Omega Weapon
        YAY! Finally. JUSTICE!
        Aug 15, 2014
    5. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Old Sratch is up to his old tricks again - the site is still there, but it gets hidden: oldscratch666.blog58.fc2.com
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Old Scratch?
        Aug 14, 2014
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Yes, sorry - cannot type properly. =[

Nice modern portraits and faces, but it keeps going all cloak and dagger on me...
        Aug 14, 2014
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I just wasn't sure what you were referring too. Usually when I hear people say "up to his old tricks again" it's about someone breaking rules.
        Aug 14, 2014
    6. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Some folks are embarrassed to post. Sometimes it is because of language barriers. Some folks are sensitive to their lack of knowledge of game making, or their poor written communication skills. I need to be patient when people PM me.
      2. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        ^ Hahaha sounds awesome to me
        Aug 13, 2014
      3. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Well, as a matter of general practice, I'd rather people post questions, because if one person wonders, probably someone else does, too. Those ppl I ask to just post. The advantage is that I can link to the answer if it comes up again.

But I am no reservoir of knowledge. Around here I am a very small fish in a very big pond. Very big pond. Verrrrrra small fish.
        Aug 13, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        You are a reservoir of resources :)

I also prefer people to post - for the reason you said, plus the fact that I'm not available all the time, and most of the time there's no reason the answer has to come from me - there are heaps of people who could give just as good an answer, if not better.
        Aug 13, 2014
    7. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Okay, now I really gotta do some work, make a living, you know, that OTHER stuff I do. =]
    8. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Gonna buy a laptop - What works well for the usual RPG Making tasks? Accepting recommendations, please.
      1. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        Netbooks! :DD
        Aug 8, 2014
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        I don't have any brand-specific recommendations as I'm not the most knowledgeable, but just make sure you have plenty of memory for all of your graphics storage! Oh, I will say we've have had both a Lenovo laptop and desktop and have been happy with them and they are reasonably priced.
        Aug 8, 2014
      3. Arkane609
        Arkane609
        I'm using a Gateway L4006i and it runs RPG Maker VX Ace just fine! Though you might have to tinker with the registry in order for it to run in RPG Maker's recommended Resolution. In the end, though, it does what I want it to do!
        Aug 8, 2014
    9. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Stayed up cutting strawberries until 2:30 A.M. Strawberry Lemonade and Raspberry Sauce almost ready to go in the canner...It is probably the only thing that is keeping me from stalking the mapping contest anymore... lol
      1. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        Heehee, waiting too, huh? Good grief, that sounds like a look of yummy strawberries :)
        Aug 5, 2014
      2. Caitlin
        Caitlin
        o.o You are making my mouth water...strawberry lemonade, yummy.
        Aug 5, 2014
      3. DarkstarMatryx
        DarkstarMatryx
        Oh Strawberry lemonade sounds good send some my way if you please.
        Aug 5, 2014
    10. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      I don't always get irritated with members who don't know the rules and get all up in the mods wah-wah and be all ungrateful, but when I do, I want to go take down all my posts that helped them, take down all their posts, and basically do the Viking slash and burn thing.
      2. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        Welp, I said something, but I don't think they'll listen :/
        Aug 4, 2014
      3. Evan Finkel
        Evan Finkel
        Don't know the rules and ungrateful both points at me grandma, hope that wasn't a lie.
        Aug 4, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        Ugh! Who have I upset this time? Don't worry - I'm about to tackle "new posts since my last visit". I'll find out soon enough.
        Aug 4, 2014
    11. GrandmaDeb
      1. Deleted
        Deleted
        I don't understand?
        Aug 3, 2014
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        I am silly. =] See the post.
        Aug 3, 2014
    12. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Had a great time at the O's game (they won) until the ride home, when a dope rear ended my daughter's brand spankin' new mazda - we are all fine - Baby screamed - we were all shaken up - today we are all sore, and my poor kid has a one month old car with a seriously messed up back end...
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Yes, but what a fruitcake! HE walked up to the car, said sorry and asked if we were alright (points for that!) Then he said he thought the car was okay and was gonna leave! Omg, the license plate was totally in the trunk!
        Aug 1, 2014
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        Oh my!
        Aug 1, 2014
      4. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        :-O My my... glad you are all ok!
        Aug 1, 2014
    13. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Going to the O's game with my great son Raith and his wife and my way cool daughter.
      2. DesperateMeasurez
        DesperateMeasurez
        I haven't been to see the Orioles in 16 years. I went with a friend from school. Had seats right on the first base line. Got to see Ken Griffey, Jr and Cal Ripken, Jr. Haha. I hope you have fun!
        Jul 31, 2014
      3. kj3400
        kj3400
        That's awesome, since I live in Maryland. I haven't seen any games recently though. Have fun!
        Jul 31, 2014
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        The O's won! And Raith and his wife and baby girl were on the JumboTron in a pic I sent to the #birdland =]
        Jul 31, 2014
    14. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      So what on earth do we call the WIP thread for art stuff?
      1. Archeia
        Archeia
        Daily Sketch Thread or Resource WIP thread I think
        Jul 29, 2014
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Eh, er, um, I found it....
        Jul 29, 2014
    15. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Having fun for awhile, recovering from canning a bunch of pickles yesterday for my "OMG I'm gonna die these pickles are so good can you make more pleeeeese?" husband. [=
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Now I'm intrigued... By the sounds of it these pickles would raise more than just HP!
        Jul 29, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        Must be some Tent-level pickle power going on over there.
        Jul 29, 2014
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        lol He loves Bread and Butter pickles!
        Jul 29, 2014
    16. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      I love the inventiveness in the contest!
      1. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Me too! :D
        Jul 27, 2014
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        I started my Intro drawing yesterday, and came to the sad conclusion that even with a "tablet" and pen, I am no better at digital drawing than I am with a mouse :( But now that I've got it in my head, I sooooo want to draw it and not write.
        Jul 27, 2014
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I remember learning to draw with a mouse. It took a while but it is way better than sketching on paper. I need to try out my tablet too. It's still sitting in my closet unused.
        Jul 27, 2014
    17. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Okay, Steam update either does not like Windows XP, or it is buggy. Now every time I try and open Game.rvproj, I get the same project opened. no matter which file I click on. The only way to open stuff is to navigate from the RPG Maker menu now... >_<
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        lol I promise not to report you!!! Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! [=

I'll check it out.
        Jul 25, 2014
      3. Dreadshadow
        Dreadshadow
        Another issue on Steam version is the cloud and workshop bugs. If for ANY reason the software will refuse to launch, just cup - paste all your projects out of My Documents/RPGVXACE/

paste them somewhere else (safe) and then launch the software disabling cloud and workshop.

Putting some stuff back in that folder will work fine I guess.

That's how we go to Steam community as a solution on that and it works.

I tell you that cause using this folder, may cause this issue.
        Jul 25, 2014
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Thanks for info Dreadshadow. I still have a steam key but have yet to use it.
        Jul 26, 2014
    18. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      I dreamed the most beautiful map! I am only visually artistic and creative in my dreams. How I wish I could make that map!
      2. GrandmaDeb
        Jul 21, 2014
      3. Silent Darkness
        Silent Darkness
        :D

Care to share exactly why it'd take so many requests? The graphical assets?
        Jul 21, 2014
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I know. I get most of my ideas from my dreams. There still may be a way to create it or something close to it. Like Solo said, you can turn dreams into reality.
        Jul 26, 2014
    19. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Mysteriour hidden link in Celianna's Sig has me intrigued.....
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Nothing wrong with a little mystery or a few perks. =] Looking forward to the revelation!
        Jul 16, 2014
      3. NPC
        NPC
        I need to start making my game so I can benefit from Member+
        Jul 16, 2014
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        I agree with mlogan. Your contributions will probably pay to help keep the forum running and insure new rpg packs and items will continue to be added to the shop.
        Jul 19, 2014
    20. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      I detest losing track of something good I found.... >_<
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        @Dreadshadow - that is my usual MO, but I dropped the ball on this one. :[
        Jul 11, 2014
      3. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        @OM3GA: Was it a forum site? I found a forum website that has your profile picture on it.
        Jul 11, 2014
      4. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Jul 11, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 28, 1958 (Age: 60)
    [​IMG]

Signature

[​IMG]