Sep 3, 2019

Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
Nov 28, 1958 (Age: 60)

Share This Page

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!, Female, 60, from East Coast, USA

Veteran

I miss rpg maker. real life is kicking my ass. I'm okay, so no worries. just harried as all get out. Jul 25, 2018

GrandmaDeb was last seen:
Sep 3, 2019
    1. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      So seriously, we had to go chase a loose pig in our woods today. Oh the joys of farm life...
      1. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Not our pig, btw. The neighbor was letting the doggone thing "free-range" in our woods. And it broke into another neighbor's sheep pen. No kidding. Who called us madder than - well you get it. Mad at US. Major roll eyes...
        Oct 22, 2013
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        Achin' for some bacon!
        Oct 22, 2013
    2. GrandmaDeb
      1. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        I've got a few arabian sounding tracks I can contribute as well, do you want me to send you the links in a pm?
        Oct 17, 2013
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Very nice. I'll be checking this out later!
        Oct 17, 2013
      3. Oriceles
        Oriceles
        Oct 17, 2013
    3. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Started a mapping contest in our class today - pandemonium reigns as they all try to import Mack's tiles!!!
      1. View previous comments...
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Shoot - they had never imported anything before and that is just the link I gave them. [=
        Oct 16, 2013
      3. Dalph
        Dalph
        What the...a class where you teach how to use Rpg Maker? o_O
        Oct 16, 2013
        1 person likes this.
      4. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Yeah, she stated she was going to teach a class on using RPG Maker. Perhaps if I learn just a BIT more about RPG Maker (although I'm pretty versed in it), I could probably teach a class out in my town how to use it. A worthy endeavor!
        Oct 16, 2013
    4. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      So I'm really bright - I just "got" this... "enterBrain" "enterTain" smart, I am sooo smart...
      2. RyanA
        RyanA
        Or it could mean Enter Brain. As in the program enters your brain and overtakes your life and makes you want to make gam...wait a second...My god, we've been had OwO
        Oct 10, 2013
      3. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        **grins**
        Oct 11, 2013
      4. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        @RyanA - Delete delete! All who question the program must be deleted!
        Oct 11, 2013
    5. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      SO do we need all of the Ace RTP sprites busted out into generator parts? Someone just posted a set...
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        IOW the RTP has been broken down into cloth, hair etc for parts for the generator. I just figured they already were in there...
        Oct 10, 2013
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        I'm not sure about that. I didn't think you could use the generator to create any of the characters that were already provided.
        Oct 11, 2013
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Okay well I guess I'll post the info. I hate to be a silly and post too much stuff... Thanks for the info. [=
        Oct 11, 2013
    6. Scythuz
      Scythuz
      I quite literally learned how to do this so I could say how amazing your picture is right now!
      1. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        I think PentagonBuddy made it, but I am so sorry I cannot remember for sure......
        Oct 7, 2013
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Ahh, yes, I have confirmed the Penta source lol. and thanks!
        Oct 7, 2013
    7. djDarkX
      djDarkX
      I am totally loving your new avatar. I bow to you oh evil overlord. *bow*
      1. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        PentagonBuddy made it for me - isn't it great!!!
        Oct 7, 2013
      2. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Indeed it is.
        Oct 9, 2013
    8. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      sad to find that Evening Prayer web site is down and all the lovely resources are gone, gone, gone..... Why oh why do websites have to dieeeeeeee
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Definitely the lesson is - if you see it and you like it DOWNLOAD IT! But it cannot be shared once the site is gone, sadly...
        Oct 5, 2013
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        Man, not even wayback has it. I was curious about what was there and now I'm sad.
        Oct 6, 2013
      4. Faerypixel25
        Faerypixel25
        We're here for you Granny! My condolences... (I hate it when this stuff happens.)
        Oct 9, 2013
    9. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Added a link to my Ancient World Resources list in my signature - Arabian, Roman, Egyptian - that kind of stuff...
      1. Adam Ferrell
        Adam Ferrell
        Thanks!
        Oct 4, 2013
      2. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Sounds awesome. Will have to check that. Thank you very much.
        Oct 4, 2013
    10. GrandmaDeb
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        Ooh, so organized and pretty!
        Sep 28, 2013
    11. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Another crazy huge organizational project as Granny tries to tame internet resources once again...
      2. Jesse - PVGames
        Jesse - PVGames
        Yeah, you do provide a very, very useful service and you probably don't get thanked anywhere near enough for the hard work you have put in! Thank you :)
        Sep 28, 2013
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Go get em granny! :)
        Sep 28, 2013
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Well, thanks for the kind words, but really there are many people who work very hard on a daily basis keeping things running and others who work like mad in order to share games for free, so I feel like I am just one more person doing my little bit. But all the same, you're welcome! [=
        Sep 28, 2013
    12. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Really cool to be able to tell a class full of kids that I know people who actually made games they could sell and artists who are known all over the web for the resources they have made. I get serious cred for just rubbing shoulders with the incredible people here. Now I just have to write my letter to the parent explaining why "playing with video games" is really establishing the building blocks of programming logic and breadth of understanding in graphics and project planning.....
      2. Celianna
        Celianna
        Investing in RPG Maker as a young teenager is very productive, especially if they're interested in pursuing any of the fields related to game making (programming, art, music, story telling etc.).

Fooling around with it now will really help out later.
        Sep 19, 2013
      3. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        I agree Cel. =] Amic, I went ahead and watched the whole thing. It was about 30 minutes long and I was at work earlier. I still think she is being a bit silly in the way she draws her conclusions, but of course I agree that enjoying life and taking time for recreation is valuable, or what the heck am I doing making lists of RPG Resources, right? I just also think it is worth balancing the rest of our lives against video games with some perspective other than "this will make me live longer...
        Sep 19, 2013
      4. Faerypixel25
        Faerypixel25
        I think my mother generally approves of the whole RPG Maker thing because she knows that developing games can offer great experience and career oppurtunities. That, and she heard me blab on about a bunch of scripting stuff and she couldn't understand a word out of my mouth so she either thought I was REALLY good at this or REALLY crazy.... Good luck on that whole letters to parent thing. Parents can be mean, you will need the luck. But I'm sure you can get through to them. RPG Maker i...
        Sep 19, 2013
    13. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Wowsa, Wowsa, Wowsa; I will be teaching RPG Maker for an entire semester! Woo Hoo!
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Middle School - mostly sixth grade - which will be about twelve years old.
        Sep 2, 2013
      3. Faerypixel25
        Faerypixel25
        Classess? They have classess?! I wish I had gotten a class instead of figuring everything out on my own over a time span of about 2 months. I still haven't figured everything out!
        Sep 8, 2013
      4. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Well, I have hardly figured everything out! Haha that will ever elude me! But we can make a good start and learn some good logical thinking, etc.
        Sep 8, 2013
    14. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      First full week back at school - constantly running tech support, trying to set up for my own classes, fixing network/hardware problems, dealing with people in a panic to get their "tech" ducks in order - oh IDK, just a few minor problems of the sort we usually run into this time of year.....
      2. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        Just smack them in the hand with a wooden spoon.
        Aug 28, 2013
      3. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        "Who steals cable?" Everyone. Everyone steals cable. People are impatient and expect things to work because ya know what, why shouldn't it?
        Aug 28, 2013
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Anything for a few dollars. Even if it hurts someone else.
        Aug 29, 2013
    15. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Boo! to websites which do not allow reposting, direct linking, and also are so spammed with ads that you cannot help people navigate through them! /me holds to her integrity and refuses to hotlink to these, but it is frustrating! Why post-to-share if you cannot share it? Bleh!
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        adblocked just bought ads!?! Thats being a hypocrite aint it.
        Aug 27, 2013
      3. Xoltox
        Xoltox
        adblocker plus blocks all the ads other than the new tab ones...
        Aug 27, 2013
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        There was one forum that forced its users to post or be banned. Crazy huh.
        Aug 27, 2013
    16. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Okay, looks like the "harass the artist" crowd is at it again. Cel, I wish I could whack some of them for you.
      2. seita
        seita
        I was confused about it to. It's really just the naming from VX to VX Ace that makes it really confusing. Kind of like Wii and Wii U...
        Aug 24, 2013
      3. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        I agree that naming a new product VX/Ace was silly.
        Aug 24, 2013
      4. Touchfuzzy
        Touchfuzzy
        If they had asked me before naming it, I would have told them to drop the VX part and just call it RPG Maker Ace. I understand the logic (it uses the same resource style), but it has led to SO MANY HEADACHES.
        Aug 24, 2013
    17. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Ugh! Just spent an hour editing my very first animation and was once again foiled by the fact that you can simply exit the database editor WITHOUT saving. /me sighs
      2. Eschaton
        Eschaton
        Can't go wrong with the RTP animations. They actually look very good.
        Aug 18, 2013
      3. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        This was a custom situation. [=
        Aug 18, 2013
      4. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        That sucks. But you will probably do it even better the next time.
        Aug 18, 2013
    18. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      Granny bites her tongue. Migraine days are bad days to comment on things.
      1. djDarkX
        djDarkX
        Don't let whoever is bothering you get under your skin. Hope the migraine subsides though!
        Aug 11, 2013
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        go take a nap and get some caffine. you will feel better,
        Aug 11, 2013
      3. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        I was about to type roughly the same thing as ShinGamix, so uh.. do that! :)
        Aug 11, 2013
    19. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      all my friends have such nice, friendly avatars, and mine is so SCARY!!!!!!
      2. GrandmaDeb
        GrandmaDeb
        Okay, Marian, Googly Eyes! [=
        Aug 10, 2013
      3. seita
        seita
        lol! looks like he decided to see what the big deal is about 4chan
        Aug 10, 2013
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Dragons are always awesome.
        Aug 10, 2013
    20. GrandmaDeb
      GrandmaDeb
      "leaf floor tiles are for later maps but still necessary to lay the ground work." Hahahahahahahaha
  • About

Birthday:
    Nov 28, 1958 (Age: 60)
    [​IMG]

Signature

[​IMG]