GrandmaDeb
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Playtesting is making my brains buggy... How many times can I look at the same stuff and not go bonkers?????
    West Mains
    West Mains
    We all go bonkers eventually! Tweeheeheeeeeeeeeefiddlechids.
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    I agree with Zalerinian, you should take a break. Otherwise you're very likely to start getting really really picky about what you do and well, you need the break so you can see things with a fresh perspective.
    echo
    echo
    Maybe it's already turned you bonkers and you just haven't realised...
    So close, so close.... Finishing up the last of my "bridge" tutorial - bridging the gap between Aindra's Switches Tut and Celianna's Variables Tut for my camp on Monday.
    Voxgizer
    Voxgizer
    So does that mean it'll be a tut for switches and variables?
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    Well, Cel's tut explains Variables nicely, but assumes understanding of event pages, triggers, and conditional statements. If you understand all of that stuff, you should just take Cel's tut and skip this thing. But my campers will never have heard of a variable OR a conditional statement OR an event page OR a trigger. So they are not ready for Cel's tut. So they will get their feet wet with variables with all the gory details of that stuff in mine, and then do Cel's after. (c...
    Voxgizer
    Voxgizer
    Sounds like I'll be using it. Must learn more! :D
    sometimes I will stop and spend half an hour looking for something for someone, and sometimes I just get stubborn and just don't want to even post a link. @_@
    Jef299
    Jef299
    Your lists helped me find a ton of stuff! We really appreciate it!
    Carillon Nightmares
    Carillon Nightmares
    Grandma! Look up some fantasy tiles! X)
    three days till camp and I still haven't finished the tutorial to bridge the gap between the switches tut and Cel's variables tut. Argh. hard to break things down into small steps...
    I made a mistake and deleted an event I needed. So I thought, "I'll just reload my last save." Turns out I haven't play tested all morning. Lost three and a half hours work. I am a brain dead idjut.
    PixelLuchi
    PixelLuchi
    I hate it when that happens. If only RPGMaker had an autosave function...
    Archeia
    Archeia
    I wouldn't want an autosave function but maybe making your project directly on dropbox for previous versions would be better next time grandmadeb ;w;
    Celianna
    Celianna
    That always sucks :(
    "Uploading uploader" - who thinks of these things?
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    I once had to extract a file so that it could extract the file that needed extracting by an installer so that it could then install it and then update it. Fun stuff.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    /me is dizzy
    Scythuz
    Scythuz
    haha so was I when I was doing it
    Just installed thirteen copies of Lite on the lab computers for next week's camp. Am selling the principal on the idea of having a middle school elective class for one quarter of RPG making in the Fall.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    First thru tenth grade for instruction, although I help the eleventh and twelfth graders with troubleshooting. The third graders use Power Point and use the internet to look for images for their presentations.
    charlesthehurst
    charlesthehurst
    That's awesome. If you get that RPG Maker elective class rolling, I'd love to help if I could. I have enough spare time that I could write up tutorials and things like that.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    thanks!
    looking and looking, wnd up searching the one terrabyte drive - really? It is in a folder called "New Folder" ???@#$@@?
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    D: That must not have been fun.
    Making revisions to my music resource list - any artists who are "don't miss" on your list?
    Blodeuyn
    Blodeuyn
    Hehe, Kairi, Blodeuyn, D. C. Kairi Sawler, whatever you feel like xD I'm not picky, just happy to know at least some people enjoy my cartoony music xD
    22pepperjack
    22pepperjack
    feel free to PM me when the new tracks come out! i would love to hear them! :D
    Blodeuyn
    Blodeuyn
    I'll be sure to do that ^_^
    trying to think of the easiest example of a conditional statement... The tutorial part of my brain is a bit fried right now...
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    if variable 1 is equal to or greater than 5...
    So we used to say, "Maps aren't resources." Then came the parallax revolution. So now I am haunting all the old screenshot topics and being all drooly thinking, "I could just use that as a parallax!"
    Jesse - PVGames
    Jesse - PVGames
    Exactly, and you would just have sheets of these various tree/rock/etc clusters and you can quickly make maps using these parallax elements. I think it's a good idea anyway.
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    PVGames, Lunarea and Cel did some of that with the Steampunk tiles they made, there were several whole preset buildings made for parallaxing.
    GrandmaDeb
    GrandmaDeb
    Yes, if you are just looking for preset buildings, Cel also did some with her desert houses. It's great to have well done stuff available.
    spent over thirty minutes because I couldn't see that it wasn't "Tint Screen" it was "tint picture"
    ...that moment when you are playtesting your own game and you get that emo response - naice!
    Okay, so who'd-a thunk, but Quick events changed from VX to Ace... When doors were created in VX they used two pages and self switches. In Ace they don't. Yet another edit to Aindra's tut.
    Neon Black
    Neon Black
    Oh wow, I never noticed that. Ace is how I've been doing doors from 2k3 anyway, though.
    I love helping people find stuff, but some folks (I am not thinking of someone here atm) make me want to knock my head against the wall.....
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.
IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D
Lee Sang wrote on Bandito's profile.
Hi, I've just tried your plugin "Game is Active" and when I tested it on Android, it gave me an error, something about "Cannot read property 'underfined' of underfined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuidadoDoyJuegos