Last Activity:
Apr 1, 2019
Birthday:
Mar 26, 1992 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

GraveBusta

Vengful, Male, 27, from USA

Veteran

I do not give into steam holding services hostage til I pay up 5$ sorry thats called ransom in my book so I will not be able to review til steam gets their head out of their butt Oct 24, 2015

GraveBusta was last seen:
Apr 1, 2019
    1. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      I got a really important question for an RPG group like this.... are cliches really the problem with RPGs? I personally don't think so I feel if done right cliches are quite a great way to start my only issue is whether or not the writer of the cliche puts the effort into the writing in the story if they do a cliche without a good backstory and feel like they aren't even trying than of course people are gonna complain.... anyways ramble over what do you guys think? I am prob being too deep in this xD
      1. View previous comments...
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        I feel like cliches are simultaneously the foundation and the downfall of most RPGs. You can link a cliche to basically ANY relatable plot device, and it is direly important that your audience be able to relate to your characters in some way.

You're going to end up with cliches. There's too many existing in the world to be able to tell a non-bland story without one. Just use them well, is all.
        Nov 4, 2016
      3. coyotecraft
        coyotecraft
        What people call cliches are usually just tropes. Or sometimes they're the very conventions that characterize a genre.  For example, 'Sword and Planet' is a fantasy sub-genre. You take a relatively modern Earthling and transport them somehow to another planet with a primitive society.  

John Carter a.k.a. Princess of Mars, Flash Gordon, Planet of the Apes (subverts it at the end when you find out it's not another plant but another time)

As we learned more about space in the last 100 years,  the genre gradually evolved out of "planets" and just into other worlds or realities. And it became more that characters were pulled in or summoned for a purpose rather than arriving by accident. If you watch Anime: Magic Knight Ray Earth, Dog Days, Digimon Adventure, countless others. Inuyasha, like planet of the apes it's a primitive world. 

Final Fantasy X actually does something cleaver here, Tidus wasn't sucked into a Dream World, but rather sucked out of one. And he wasn't really saving this other world as much as he was ending his own.

Oh man, I could take forever about this stuff. Anyways, it's all in how you spin it. 
        Nov 4, 2016
      4. Lantiz
        Lantiz
        Nov 4, 2016
    2. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      Thanks for not notifying me by email that GG maker has lost support
    3. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      I accidentally posted this in the wrong section I am very sorry, if any staff sees this I am very sorry >< here is the post Rebirth- a plugin with reincarnation system.

I am trying not to waste more of your time I need to be more careful 
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        I can't see it either - or in the PM you sent me.  Can you still see it?  Can you post a new link?
        Apr 7, 2016
      3. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        that is strange how staff cant see it I can but i dont have permission to view it and I cant report it lol
        Apr 7, 2016
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        This is the thread I could find:

Your link above doesn't point to this thread.  Look at the topic id when you hover over the link - 60067 vs 60053
        Apr 7, 2016
    4. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      Also thinking of adding new game plus where stats but not level carry over that however will prob require a script/plugin.
    5. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      I am thinking of maybe trying to event in alternate endings to my game where the player has the choice of doing things non canon, be a streaming water, or whatever they please but also get special endings to the game. I hope this doesn't require a script.
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        Please use the forum to get game assistance.
        Apr 6, 2016
    6. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      I do not give into steam holding services hostage til I pay up 5$ sorry thats called ransom in my book so I will not be able to review til steam gets their head out of their butt
      1. Zalerinian
        Zalerinian
        Sorry, what? Are you saying you can't leave a review on steam because you never purchased anything more than $5 on steam?

That's not ransom. They're protecting themselves from a very large potential source of spam.

It's not like they're holding you hostage from doing something you paid for, so no, it's not ransom. in any book.
        Oct 24, 2015
      2. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        no i bought from them 2 years ago and yes it is ransom
        Oct 24, 2015
      3. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        defend them all you want they aint earning a dime from me til they revamp this system to be fair for all
        Oct 24, 2015
    7. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      Whew Certainly Glad I preordered I always got overwhelmed with lack of resources before but now I have everything I need for my fist game in one go!
    8. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      Kept my promise!
    9. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      I am going to bed very shortly any like any min. Good night guys ty for putting up with me I know I can be an idiot at times.
    10. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      did not sleep long but was well worth it that small nap helped clear my thoughts and calm down,and now I have finally learned tool creation for XASABS thanks guys for encouraging me not to give up.
      1. Susan
        Susan
        Fantastic! ^^

Keep moving forward!
        Jan 3, 2015
        2 people like this.
      2. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        Thank you
        Jan 4, 2015
    11. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      Well I am not giving up just need to think outside the box
      1. Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        Engr. Adiktuzmiko
        just that there is no box... XD
        Jan 3, 2015
      2. OM3GA-Z3RO
        OM3GA-Z3RO
        There isn't? o.o

*Slowly climbs out of the box*
        Jan 3, 2015
      3. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        lol xD
        Jan 3, 2015
    12. GraveBusta
      GraveBusta
      Well I have finally reached my end of this. I cannot continue further on XASABS without help there are are no tutorials hardly and the main one lacks any bit of essential detail I have decided I am better off either getting someone (most likely no one would wana do something that hard for free) or creating an new one myself and that will also require help because I need a tutor for scripting.
      2. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        Oh I know how to use xp well that's easy not as easy as VXACE but simple I shall try again though once I get someone on skype or teamviewer and show them where I am stuck at and maybe they can tell me what I am missing/doing wrong
        Jan 3, 2015
      3. Susan
        Susan
        Good luck! And happy developing! :D
        Jan 3, 2015
        2 people like this.
      4. GraveBusta
        GraveBusta
        hehe thnx
        Jan 3, 2015
  • About

Birthday: