Recent content by greensdream

1. greensdream

Animated tiles not lining up...

I think I’m gonna opt for the small black borders, since this seems to have fixed all sorts of little jitters and stutters with my graphics in other places, too! If the black bars bug me, I can always add a slight vignette overlay fading to black (via an image with transparency) so there are...
  2. greensdream

THAT was the problem! Now, unfortunately, I have little slivers of black on either side of the screen in other parts of my game. Should I be worried about that at all or is it no big deal? I feel like I kind of have to choose one or the other.
  3. greensdream

My game's screen size is 1280X720. Should I reduce it to a multiple of 1280 and 720 that is divisible evenly by 48? I'm running v1.5.2
  4. greensdream

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure how to do that math... The animated tiles are 48x48 pixels which, when used with the stepping animation on, switch between three on the same row (144x48). The animated tiles sprite sheet is 576x384. An unofficial grouping of four (like the area with the flames) is...
  5. greensdream

I'm using animated tiles (set to Stepping with Direction Fix on) to simulate fire in the trees. The file I'm using has an ! at the beginning of its title. I have also attached the tiles to show that there should be no gaps... And a screenshot showing that there are gaps! Does anyone know how to...
  6. greensdream

Respite tiles (eventing help)?

After watching some tutorials, this is what I ended up doing! It works beautifully, I just had to be sure to put the seconds back to 0 and turn the switch off if the player leaves the map (I put those commands in the transfer events in case the player escapes!). Thanks for your help! I learned...
  7. greensdream

Thanks for your help! I'm trying to build the common event like you've shown above. I have attached a screenshot of my progress trying to build it like you specified. I have typed in all caps the terms I entered myself. I created an event tile on the map to turn on the Switch I titled "DUNES...
  8. greensdream

Thanks a lot, this sounds promising! Sorry for sounding so ignorant, but I accomplish this in the Database by... Creating a Common Event with a Parallel (?) Trigger using the Switch the Player turns on by stepping on the respite tile? In the Contents of the Common Evnet: If: #0001 (?) = 10...
  9. greensdream

Hope I'm not posting in the wrong place... One of my maps slows the player's speed to x2 slower (setting 3 in the Set Movement Route command). I'd like for there to be single tiles placed around the map that allow the player to muster the strength to "push through," and I'd like for the tiles...
  10. greensdream

Script for Screen Zoom help?

I have been using a script to zoom-in (bring the camera closer) and it has worked great... Up until trying to change the scale! Here is the script I'm using by creating an event and typing this into the script line: $gameScreen.setZoom(Graphics.width / 2, Graphics.height / 2, 2) It works...
  11. greensdream

Can "Continue" and "Options" be disabled from the Title Screen?

Thanks a lot! This looks wonderful and easy to use! Unfortunately, the plugin requires a core plugin which is in opposition to my yanfly core plugin... The best I can do for now, I suppose, is change the "continue" and "options" selections to blank text. Players will still be able to select and...
  12. greensdream

Can "Continue" and "Options" be disabled from the Title Screen?

I'm trying to remove the "continue" and "options" selections from the title screen. I'd like for the only option to be "new game." I have plugins that can alter the main menu once the game has begun, but nothing to alter the title screen selections. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  13. greensdream

I wanna play your demo on my YouTube channel!

Hey, frands! Kip Icon here, fellow RPG Maker game developer (my game is "GREEN'S DREAM," you can find the forum post here or download the demo on GameJolt here), and I've started a new series on my YouTube channel where I play demos for RPG Maker games! Where better to start with my new series...
  14. greensdream

RMMV "GREEN'S DREAM" (DEMO OUT NOW!)

CH-CH-CHECK IT OUT, FRANDS! I'm starting a new series on my YouTube channel called "kip:demos" where I play demos of indie and RPG Maker games! Let me know if you'd like your game's demo featured on the channel! XD kip:demos is a new series where I play demos of indie games, and where better...
  15. greensdream

RMMV "GREEN'S DREAM" (DEMO OUT NOW!)

On the left is what my maps looked like for the “GREEN’S DREAM” demo. During playtests, I saw players being trepidatious about exploring because they were unsure which tiles had passibility. Since exploration is the most important aspect of the game, and since simplicity is what resonates with...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinkExe