Last Activity:
Jun 6, 2017
Birthday:
June 15

Share This Page

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc, Male

Veteran

37 faces down, 60 to go! It sounds like a lot but if I can stay focused, it will pay off I'm sure. I'm already over 1/3 of the way. Jun 6, 2017

GreyStone84 was last seen:
Jun 6, 2017
    1. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      37 faces down, 60 to go! It sounds like a lot but if I can stay focused, it will pay off I'm sure. I'm already over 1/3 of the way.
      1. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        Yes, keep it up!!! You can do it!!
        Jun 6, 2017
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Yeah! ^^ I'm sure you have less to do now by the time I type this!
        Jun 21, 2017
    2. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Been gone from here and my game for too long. I can't even fathom how much I've missed around here. Going to try and get back into things.
      1. Snow White likes this.
    3. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      I have been gone soooo long! This friend of a friend of mine who hosts a Minecraft server got in touch with me and wanted me to come back and play, even said all my old builds had still survived somehow on his server (its been a couple years since I played there).

So I kinda got hooked into playing that and finishing up some old builds I left unfinished for various reasons. Anyways, I opened my RPG game, Paladonia, and realized I forgot how dedicated I was to it and how much fun it was to create, so I guess you can say I'm back now after a couple months or so.

I left off making re-colors of the stock images, so I guess I will try to finish up some of those, mostly because I needed some more variety in characters for my game, but also because I said I would post them for others to see, use, and give

critiques on. I'm not sure when I'll get to post them, but I will try to split my time between Paladonia and Minecraft.

Glad to be back though, miss you all!
      1. 2 people like this.
    4. Snow White
      Snow White
      Hello GreyStone! I just thought I'd ask how your game's going?  :cutesmile:

Have you finished any more of those face models? Or have you been too busy? . . . Or have you been distracted by shiny things?  :p

Me, on the other hand, never get distractohsquirrel! :rwink:

*Hehe* sorry I can't be more help :rswt:
      1. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Sorry I missed your message Snow White, don't think I did that intentionally. I just posted a status update explaining my absence, but in short, yes I got distracted by shiny things, lol!

I'm going to be trying to split my time a bit better, but also one thing I didn't mention is that for my job I changed companies and now work 4 days a week instead of 2, so my personal time was also cut down.

Well, hope to see you around some more, missed all my friends here. Later, happy gaming!
        Aug 13, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Snow White
        Snow White
        Don't worry about the late reply Mate, I don't mind :cutesmile:

And those darn job squirrels, making you get distracted by work! :p

It will be nice to hear more about Paladonia though, I was getting into it  :D

Oh! And you mentioning your re-colors reminded me that I was practising my MV Sprite Editing . . . till I got distracted by shiny things too! XD

So I guess I should sheepishly get back into doing them now :rswt: (Thanks for reminding me :cutesmile: )

It was nice to see you again Grey, we missed you too! *hugs*

Oh, and hope you have fun with Paladonia! :cutesmile: (And Minecraft :D )
        Aug 15, 2016
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Thanks very much, your words are touching and mean a lot to me! :D  Hope everything goes well for your sprite editing, I'm looking forward to seeing what you have created.

I promise I will post more about Paladonia as soon as I make more updates!
        Aug 23, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    5. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      It's 11pm. Do you know where your sprites are?!

I was suddenly attacked by a spider while working on the faces. Everything came to a halt as I dashed to grab something, anything to kill the dayum thing with. Newspaper was a couple feet away and I was able to return before it ran away, but as I reached the newspaper between the couch and wall, the spider dropped to the floor and somehow got away under the couch. 30 minutes later, couch flipped, super bright flash lights brought it, killer attack cats deployed, and the dayum spider still isn't found. I keep doing circle checks with the flashlight in case it comes back. Now I have a flashlight that is like a small maglite nearby, so if the 8 legged lovable returns, I'm punching holes in the wall till it's dead. Ugh!

Anywho.. I have officially finished prepping 3 sheets of People faces. That's 24 faces for those of you who don't want to do the math, lol. 88 faces total, minus the 24, I still have 64 faces to go. Double ugh! Though it may not be necessary to do them all and I'm pretty sure I've already done 3 or 4 Actor faces. It depends if anyone wants/needs recolours of certain faces. I may just stick to the People and Actor sheets for now, maybe even the Evil one too. But if I do those, why not just finish up the Spiritual one? The Monsters are definitely not necessary for me at least, so I'm not gonna touch those for now.

Well, wish me luck with the spider - sorry if you like them and don't want me to kill it, but it will happen if he shows up again.
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Hey, it don't bother me none. I've been enjoying watching this little tennis match unfold. Back and forth. Baaaack and foooorth. lol. Conscience or no conscience, for me what it boils down to is there are billions of insects and arachnids so squashing a few throughout my life isn't going to disrupt the environmental construct as it were. I'm not wiping out an entire species here. While looking at a few things, I came across this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider

About half-way down it talks about some spiders that mimic ants. I don't recall that I've heard of this before and have decided that there are plenty enough ants in the world that I will crush them too, just in case it's an ant-mimicking spider. I especially think this spider is a dick: "When at rest, the ant-mimicking crab spider Amyciaea does not closely resemble Oecophylla, but while hunting it imitates the behavior of a dying ant to attract worker ants. After a kill, some ant-mimicking spiders hold their victims between themselves and large groups of ants to avoid being attacked."
        Jun 13, 2016
      4. Snow White
        Snow White
        @Ejronin My friends often read what I've written, but send me that "holy wall of text Batman!" picture afterward :guffaw:

And I agree, "good" and "bad" are more ideas then anything else, so everyone sees them differently :cutesmile:

. . . True, there are some overlaps, like we all see being polite and considerate as good things, but we're all polite in different ways, I think that's what makes talking to people interesting, if we were all exactly the same, there would be no point in talking to each other, 'cause we'd know exactly what the other one's answer would be :p

Plus, video games would get real boring real fast, can you imagine the dialogue!

"I think we should do blah blah!"

"I agree!"

"Me too!!"

"Indubitably!"

Yeah, it's not that bad at first, but a WHOLE GAME of that! *Shudder* :p

@GreyStone84 Yay, we're the debate wimbledon! :p

But yeah, don't worry, I think we've done waffling now ;)

It was an interesting conversation though :D

And yeah, the Amyciaea does sound a bit of a jerk, like the kind of guy who, if something sticky was flying at him, would push some other kid in the way to save his own tuxedo :S

Then again, that might be acceptable behaviour to Ant-mimicking Spiders :p

But yeah, I'd completely forgotten that there are Spiders that mimic ants, thank you for reminding me of their existence :guffaw: (This is what happens when I stop reading nature encyclopedias whenever I'm bored! (That sounded a lot less nerdy in my head :rswt: ))
        Jun 13, 2016
      5. Ejronin
        Ejronin
        There are wasps that seem like ants too... cow ants... love em... they eat yellow jackets.
        Jun 14, 2016
    6. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Sooo... round 1 goes to my computer. :(

I just spent probably about an hour/hour and a half looking for my old computer. I did find one of my old ones (actually 2!) but upon turning it on I realize that it was wiped and am fairly sure it wasn't the one I'm looking for. I know I used one of the old ones more recently because it has my itunes on it and I updated my ipod with it probably a couple months ago. The downstairs storage room is a wreck and I have no idea where the computer has gone. I know I didn't pack it in a box  since I've used it recently, but someone could have tucked it away in one of the newer plastic bins.

Anyways, Old Computer = 1, GreyStone = 0 :(  This means I can't post the old game I was hoping to find. Or at least yet. Since it's like 1:30am here, everyone else is asleep, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to ask if anyone has seen my old laptop. Cross your fingers!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    7. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Stay tuned folks!

I just remembered I had created a game on an old computer. Once I find the computer, I think I will revisit that game and possibly post it here for fun! It was my first attempt at a game created with the C++ language. It uses my very own created graphic images (you are gonna love THAT!) and I'm not too sure there is an actual way to win, lol. I guess you could call it a "third-person shooter". I may just include it with Paladonia as a little bonus.

Anyways, still working through setting up all the faces. I think I have 2 sets done, which is 16 faces. I really need to try speeding up a bit.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Snow White
        Snow White
        Is it a "top down third-person shooter"? :D (actually, I just realized that there aren't many of those . . . )

It must be an OK game though, if you're thinking of finishing it  :cutesmile: (My brother had loads of projects on an old PC that broke down some years ago, and I think he's just letting them die with the computer :rswt: )

I wish I could help you out with the face models :(

I suppose I really should learn to draw in the RTP style, shouldn't I? :rswt:
        Jun 1, 2016
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        I'm not drawing them by hand, though. I'm just setting all the faces up (or trying to) in order to recolour. Man, if I could draw on the computer, that would be great. I'm just limited to pencil and paper however.

Anyways, no, the game is 2D side view shooter. And I guess its an "OK" game. Definitely not a game that I would charge any money for, lol.
        Jun 2, 2016
    8. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      So I've muddled through a few more face pics and have them all set and ready for recolouring, but I feel I keep getting distracted one way or another while trying to set more of them up. I'm almost done People 2 which is good and I'm at the hardest face atm which of course makes me even more apt to get distracted.

But I've got my music playing and will keep forging on. Seeing as how I'm not really using the Monster faces, I may just skip those, we will see. They will definitely be last if I decide to do them. Okay, okay, back to GIMP.
      1. 1 person likes this.
    9. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      ANOTHER break, lol. Decided to continue trying my hand at some recolours. I'm starting with People 1 faces for now which will also give me all the faces for People 5 as well. I think I will continue with the People series first before turning to the Actors/Evil/Monsters. I will of course be working on my game a little from time to time, but I feel that working on faces is going to be important especially since my game has a few different regions. I don't want to keep using the same old faces again and again.

Once I have finished a few faces, I will tackle the sprites again so people will have both available to them, then I will post them like I did with my first Maids recolouring attempt.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        Nice ~ Good luck then! ^^
        May 19, 2016
    10. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      What IS on my mind? Gosh, it's been a bit since I made a status update. Well, first, true to my thinking in the May Goals thread, I was a little too ambitious with my May hopes. I haven't even finished the events that take place in Rosaline, let alone ALL of Alden. :(  But I'm not that downhearted because I kinda knew it would be too much. I think it's okay to be extra hopeful for one outcome as long as you are realistic and realize there can be more than one outcome and you prepare yourself mentally for those outcomes.

Second, I keep getting distracted. Ugh! Which is obviously slowing down my production rate. I will get to a little part in my events that I need to think and rethink the dialogue or actions, and then it's off to mind sucking, time wasting websites or games that suddenly time travel me hours into the future and I've accomplished nothing. Even this right here. I'm in the middle of making an event and yet here I am with a status update! I feel this distraction is okay though because I know I'm not going to be wasting hours on an update, only minutes.

Lastly, I can say this: I am ALMOST done all the events in Rosaline (that are plot drivers anyways) and soon can get onto finishing up a couple more maps in Alden and then more events. I think realistically I can probably get Alden done by mid-June. Maybe it'll be my own little birthday present to finish up all of Alden by then and be able to put it out for play testing.

Okay, REAL lastly: anyone have any experience with the Production Development part of the forums? Mainly with posting their game for play testing/criticism? Keep in mind, it's only a part of my game.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        @Snow White  :D  The May Goals thread isn't mine, someone else started it under General Discussion here:

Rosaline is the main town - a castle town - in Alden and Alden is a country in Paladonia. Thanks for the offer, I will keep you in mind if I need anything graphical wise. I've actually taken a break from my game because I was going to use the sprites in People 5-8 but they don't seem to have any faces to go with them, so I'm going to take some time and see if I can make some of those. I didn't find any in the Resources or online.

May 16, 2016
      4. Snow White
        Snow White
        Thanks for such a quick reply (^w^)

So Rosaline is the capital of Alden, now it all makes sense :cutesmile:

Also, I don't know if this helps, but I think someone already asked about face sets for People 5 6 7 and 8, and Slim (slimmmeiske2) gave some links to a few that people have drawn . . . there aren't faces for all of them, and some of the links don't work anymore (I think something's happened to the site they where to) but hey, it might be helpful  :D

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/25570-people-567-and-8-facesets/

I suppose you could ask Slim if she knows of any more?

I'd offer to draw you some, but I'm not sure if I can make them look like the RTP ones . . . I think yours would look better :cutesmile:
        May 17, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Thanks for that link, unfortunately the only useful link on that page was for the People 5 faces which are recolours of People 1. All the other links either don't work or aren't helpful, lol. That's the same problem I was running into while tracking them down. One was pretty hopeful but when I got to their page, they had a lot of the faces, but they were not RTP style.
        May 17, 2016
    11. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Man, it's my own fault, but I keep getting frustrated with these delays. Frustrated may not be the right word, but I get really antsy and want to get back to making my project. Some of these delays though are only to help my game expand/improve (at least I hope they do!), and as I said it's my own fault.

This time I scooped up a bunch more resources thanks to the lovely Resource Staff members here and there is a TON of music. So now after sorting all the files, I'm listening to all the music to find some good fits. There are some awesome tracks too, but not all of them fit my game, unfortunately. Maybe my next game will be able to add them in there. :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        On another note, IF you ever do feel like you want someone to help you work on a project, I'm more than willing. Of course I don't have MV right now, so maybe sometime down the road.
        May 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Ejronin
        Ejronin
        Its how we learn. Don't beat yourself up over it too much, man. You'll get there exactly when you're supposed to get there. 
        May 1, 2016
      5. Ejronin
        Ejronin
        LIkewise, I dont have VX Ace, but my day job is Auditor - in a former life I was Military Intel. I like deep data so databasing and assisting with mechanics is something I'm good at - more of someone to bounce an idea off of and develop strategies for how you need something to work. 
        May 1, 2016
        2 people like this.
    12. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Huzzah!

Paladonia's first area, the Island of Cardrow is finished. Well... at least ready for my play testers. Now where did they get off to?! lol.

Now it's off to Alden for quests/events and well, pretty much everything else. lol. Alden's main town, Rosaline Town, is already far under way with villagers, shops, a bar, and the game's first Inn! I know it's only the second area, but it is the game's biggest so far. I think the biggest region in all of Paladonia is the Eastern area, Yronia.

What was that? Screenshot? Well, okay! Here is Paladonia in a little of it's glory haha since most of it isn't even filled in yet. I update this main map as I go.

http://i.imgur.com/IRBAhR6.jpg

You can see the island of Cardrow to the Northwest. The western most part of Paladonia (South of Cardrow) is the nation of Alden. You can see the castle/town of Rosaline. That's all for now I think :D
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Why it says Paladonia's... nvm, but still it's big :D
        Apr 26, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        That map is pretty neat! ^^

Putting trees, treasures and stuff here and there + making it bigger by adding transitions would make it be almost like open-world RPG ^^ (That's what came to my mind when I looked on your map =P)
        Apr 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Bigger? EEepp. Maybe one day. This map is 270 x 160 and it's broken down into 6 parts. On the first part - Island of Cardrow - I have 12 maps alone! I think the game is going to be plenty big enough without enlarging Paladonia. :D  
        Apr 27, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    13. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      I finally (thought) I finished everything in my first area so I was finally able to play test it. Oh my god, so much work...lol.

Lots of touching up to do; adjusting enemies, adjusting treasure, fixing player transfers, dialogues, tile passability, shop prices, quest events and more. Hopefully soon I will be all done that area and I can finally move onto area #2! Then it all goes out to play testers. The whole 2 of them, lol.
      1. 2 people like this.
      3. Lonelywraith
        Lonelywraith
        I just saw the script for VX Ace. It's in a French forum, I think. Looks pretty rad, but I'm not good at graphics so I would have to find somebody to make them.
        Apr 24, 2016
      4. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        What's the link to the post, I will see if it's the same developers I'm thinking of.
        Apr 24, 2016
      5. Lonelywraith
    14. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Well got my problem script working again so it's back to grinding that battle axe so to speak. Currently looking for some specific VX Ace battlers, making and scripting up the last of the quests for the first area, and working on setting up the story in the second area by creating a few maps and touching up old ones.
    15. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Got held up AGAIN with script problems. No biggie though, I have plenty of content to work on while I wait to see if there's an answer to my problem. Currently tackling ideas for my intro and looking for some good opening theme music.
    16. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Okay! Back on track. Phew! Got all the scripts running in a test game and transferred them over to Paladonia. Aaaand.... it didn't crash. Good. lol Working on adjusting them to fit Paladonia now which shouldn't take long and then I have to give my game another playthrough to make sure everything is working and then I can finally get back to making it. Heh. After this though, hopefully smooth sailing!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    17. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Sometimes I almost feel it will be faster or easier to go take months to try and learn ruby, build my own script, and implement it before I find the answers I'm looking for. I knew these were gonna give me a headache, which is why I wanted to stay away from them for my first project, but I couldn't help myself. Guess it's my own fault. :(
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        What about MV. Not sure if its easier though.
        Apr 11, 2016
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Barely had VXAce for one year, I'm gonna stick to this for now. I will look into MV one day, though :D
        Apr 11, 2016
    18. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Been busy these last couple of weeks in a BRAND NEW PROJECT! Well, not really. I started a new project so I could play test a bunch of scripts without disrupting anything in my actual project. It's weird, I started this project with the thought of using mainly the basic graphics that came with VX Ace and with little to no scripts. Now I'm searching through scripts and grabbing up a bunch of graphics.

Anyways, there is no guarantee that I will be using any scripts (except for Yanfly's Ace Equip Engine) and the other graphics really aren't going to affect game play in the long run. This project is quickly picking up serious steam: the story is coming along very well, I think the maps are getting better (still not delving into Parallax maps yet), and the general play of the game is where I want it.

Besides possibly adding in scripts, I just have to adjust a little bit more for the battles, then the whole first section of my game should be done, then I can continue building the second area of my game. Also: Highly IMPORTANT: Game Project finally has a name (though it could change): "Paladonia". What do you guys think of the name?
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Since my first language is Spanish, it sounds like something like palate lol. What do you plan to base the name off?
        Apr 5, 2016
        2 people like this.
      2. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        I didn't base the name off of anything. I was trying to come up with original names for different countries in my game. Paladonia is what I came up with for the name of the whole continent.
        Apr 5, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    19. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      I've finished fixing a bunch of stuff up. I'm gonna mess a little with the enemies and one of the Boss battles, then the whole beginning will be ready for play testing again.
    20. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      It's been awhile, but I'm finally getting back to my game. I had to step away for a little bit. I'm going to try and redo the beginning of my game. Mostly the intro and some of its dialogue, but also looking into fixing up my weapons/armours/parameters to provide for better battles.
  • About

Birthday:
    June 15
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA