Last Activity:
Jun 6, 2017
Birthday:
June 15

Share This Page

GreyStone84

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc, Male

Veteran

37 faces down, 60 to go! It sounds like a lot but if I can stay focused, it will pay off I'm sure. I'm already over 1/3 of the way. Jun 6, 2017

GreyStone84 was last seen:
Jun 6, 2017
    1. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Finally! I think I've finished everything I wanted to, plus a bit more. It's now being playtested. I know there are probably some dialogue issues to fix up, but hopefully not much (or anything) else. Then I'm right back to where I left off.
    2. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      20 days later... well I think most, if not all of the dialogue has been fixed up. I hit a slump while creating a mystical looking area and went on hiatus for a couple weeks. I'm just getting back to it now. With only stock graphics, my area isn't coming out the way I envisioned, but as I've always said, I'll worry about graphics in the next time around.
    3. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Haha! Loved the last comments. I didn't realize there was a character limit as I haven't used this often. Anyways, the next step is I have to adjust all the dialogue I've created so far which will be the biggest job. I'm also adding in new dialogue as the plot has also changed.After all that, it should be downhill; adding a few new events, fixing shops and adjusting side quest rewards.
    4. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Went through my game and adjusted all of my switches. There actually weren't a lot of them, some of them were tied to a couple of events that were taken out. Since I had given the player the choice of 3 different characters at the beginning of the game, and then the second companion was also a choice of 3 other chars, it was getting extensive in the event sections with multiple conditional branches, so some switches were there for that reason and were able to be taken out. Next step is I...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Point08
        Point08
        We...
        Dec 17, 2015
      3. SPP
        SPP
        Any moment now...
        Dec 17, 2015
      4. Dymdez
        Dymdez
        suspense is killing us. also the character limit is not helping
        Dec 17, 2015
    5. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Decided to take my game in a whole new direction. I find it is quite a struggle to scrap material you have worked hard on for so long, trying to make it perfect through trial and error, asking questions and scouring posts. But alas, anything I have made will now sit partially abandoned in a folder, merely being touched if I forget how I made a specific switch/trigger/event. Chin up, moving forward and all that stuff. Learn from the past and apply it in the future.
      1. Dymdez
        Dymdez
        if you have any questions you can always ask me (or the real professionals, Shaz and Andar). Personally, I don't think you're ever really scrapping anything because your knowledge and muscle memory will let you recreate and integrate your previous work very quickly and your newer work will be much higher quality. This can be a good thing too. There's no sense in being bogged down by your first workings with the program.
        Dec 15, 2015
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Yup, that's pretty much what I have at this point... A bunch of partly-done projects with different aspects of a game. Never really serious projects, they were somewhat directionless and helped me figure out how aspects of things worked.
        Dec 15, 2015
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Thanks, Dymdez, I appreciate the help and as I've said before, I will definitely ask for your help when it comes time for it :)

taarna23: Are you still working towards finishing a game, or have you finished one yet?
        Dec 17, 2015
    6. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      First part of my game has been all wrapped up. Final play testing is nearly complete while I bust my hump on the next area. General map complete, now working on towns/events/quests.
    7. GreyStone84
      GreyStone84
      Working hard on my first game. First part nearly done.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. tearsofthenight
        Sep 29, 2015
      3. GreyStone84
        GreyStone84
        Thanks for the support Vox. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I didn't know you could comment on a person's statuses.
        Oct 27, 2015
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Greystone Np, and yeah that's what the feeds are for sharing your thoughts with members of the community and having them respond and vice versa.
        Oct 27, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    June 15
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA