Guardinthena
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's fair, though there is more to an audience than that. You'll also need to know what kind of devices you're targeting. Phones? Tablets? Low End PCs? Mid level PCs? High End PCs? Knowing those will help you decide the best size for resources. That being said, I kind of just started building and figured I'd see where it would end. So it's pretty reasonable to just make it now and ask questions later.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Hahaha! Definitely not phones or tablets. Was aiming for PCs. But with as many things as I have going on in this game I don't think low-end PCs could handle it but I could be wrong. I say that only because, well, the engine is notorious for lag, and we have a really good PC. My husband is surprised when he sees it lag and I have to cut back.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The fault lies in how Javascript works. It's a single core language, that with incredible work you can sort of make it use multiple cores. It will however never be good at it. So the sad fact is we're all basically handicapped by getting access to only a fraction of the resources non-Javascript engines would give us. My game only works because I've spent a lot of time finding way s around those limits.
    Hey everyone! Not sure how many people know about Cafofo Music on Itch.io, but I highly recommend their Sound Effects! It is amazing quality AND quantity and best of all, they are having a 50% sale! I can't express how much I love sales.
    Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
    I've...come to an odd point in my game. I have managed to debug and refine the starting village to such a point that it's basically-- complete. Like 95%. Besides village dialogue, I feel all that's left is to nick pick at slight graphical issues. I've never been at this point before.
    Heirukichi
    Heirukichi
    @Shaz that's the famous last 20% that takes 80% of the effort. @Guardinthena Shaz is right, don't fall in that pit.
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Like these fine folk have mentioned- welcome to the hardest part of game development haha! :kaoswt: So close though, congratulations!! There's something to be said for getting to this point~ "You can fiddle with something forever trying to make it perfect, but eventually you have to know when you're at the point you're just changing it and not improving it anymore." Good luck!! :kaoluv:
    kiyasu
    kiyasu
    This is one of the reasons I am lazy with all my maps at this time. I'm leaving anything to do with graphics maybe near the end. Probably wise to put myself in a situation where I am 90% done with the game but have wrong graphics, instead of having everything polished but only 30% done. If I suddenly want to change my game's art style (characters, tiles, etc.) about 80% through the story, I won’t be doomed.
    Question - i have your spiral tower Art work how do i get the sprites to walk up and down them without it looking off?

If you know what i mean?

Thanks.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Wait, do you not know about my MV Resources? The spiral staircase is under the 'castle' tab in tilesets.
    Reactions: Frostorm
    Frostorm
    Frostorm
    Omg, I had no idea that thread existed lol, all you need now is a Shih-Tzu to go w/ the Pomeranian & Coorgi (these 3 breeds are the dogs I've had haha)
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    ...A Shih-Tzu, huh?

Lol, seriously though you didn't know about my resource thread? Oh my gosh! Do you know about my Beard Generator Pieces thread??

Also, I've had sketches of other dog breeds for over a year and never finished them. I wasn't sure if people wanted them.
    Reactions: Frostorm
    I'm contemplating opening a new thread to host all of the edits I do of Hiddenone's Hine sprites, instead of adding them to my MV thread. Thoughts?
    Eeeeek! So excited! I finally buckled down and uploaded my first Icon pack to Itch! The Meat Market - Uncooked Edition is now available!
    Opened my project back up for the first time in awhile, and took the majority of my day to test play out the starting map, listing all little bugs and issues, and crossing them off the list. Very rewarding.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Well, I have found two bugs I have NO IDEA how to fix. The biggest, there is, for some reason, one grass tile that I cannot wall through, but can walk on everything around it. There is nothing blocking it, and I've checked all passability. No idea whats going on.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    And the second, I have an awesome ruin bridge the player can walk under or on top of, and for some reason when underneath, the player can walk up the cliff wall?! But thankfully cannot walk off into area not covered by bridge. Don't know how to fix that either.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Under Passage (4 dir) what does it say for each tile? I know regular passage will still show a circle even if passage for that tile only allows one direction. And will only show an X if all four directions are unselected. Both problems sound related to that. Though I'd suggest a thread so you can post all the info people need to solve the problem. Assuming the (4 dir) fix doesn't work.
    Digging thru my binder containing the concept art for my game, and came across concept art for window skins I never got around too. Now, I feel I need to 'get to them.'
    Mother-in-laws....(eye roll)

Was playing a little Stardew Valley, (haven't in ages) and she comes around and asks, 'oh, whatever happened to those pixel art you were suppose to be doing, pretending you were going to be selling... to nobody.'

Good morning to you too. Ugh.
    Still working on a few pixel projects- first, working on a fan tileset that I plan to drop soon. Second, returned to my Meat Market icons today and knocked out an additional eight. Up to 41 icons for meat products. Have another 14 icons planned before I run out of ideas.
    Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Now that you mention it I do see a resemblance. I still haven't fully figured out everything that's in those. I believe I'm using some sort of teleporter as a space shower in the bathrooms of the living quarters of a space ship I'm putting together.......
    So, working on a new tileset...and making plans for custom chars for it that will be robots. Thoughts on scale? It doesn't feel right to me to do all robots in a chibi size.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    All sizes, half of the chibis, same size as the chibis, slightly bigger than the chibis, way bigger than the chibis, dungeon sized, world sized, universe sized.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @WaywardMartian - Mimics you say? ;D Well, I was thinking chibi size for small, tall for medium and boss size for large. Maybe even bigger than that, but that's way ahead of myself right now. That was the plan I had, and thinking of doing all of them in the default chibi size makes me cringe. Seems support leans to any size though, which is great!
    SoftCloud
    SoftCloud
    I think a double sized version of your human characters might be good. Not too big not too small. Enough where you don't have to fill the robot into a full double size. Gives you room to play. I think of protectrons and assaultrons from Fallout.
    Working on a new tileset! Got the walls and ceilings and moving on to the floors. So excited about it! I want to drop it but I'm trying to hold off until I get tileset B at least!
    I can't believe we are half way thru October! I had plans to release spooky content but I haven't even gotten to it yet with recent life events happening in my family!
    Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Went on vacation for a month, and had unexpected medical issues arise for my 3 1/2yr old that has changed my family dynamic (boo!) on top of discovering that I'm pregnant again(yay!) Things are starting to settle down for me and I hope to return to the community soon.
    Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!

There was an accident at the stone mason's workshop today. Some @The Stranger was seen on the premises, ranting about evil secret guild business before they destroyed the Statue of David. Public and law enforcement will keep an eye out for vandals!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose