Guardinthena
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• I've been thinking about this for a long time but, should I open a store? I was thinking of starting with character busts and maybe sprites.
    JohnDoeNews
    JohnDoeNews
    Yeah, sure! Just a hint though: Don't sell the transformer stuff. Sell original art.
    Got some original stuff to show? If your own stuff is as good as your transformer stuff, then I don't see why you shouldn't.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    Do what you feel like, either it works out or it doesn't. You certainly seem to have the talent for it so why not?:p
    I realized I made an egregious error when I released my Granny Chic tiles yesterday----I forgot the plate of cookies. Forgive me community, for forgetting Grandma's Cookies!
    So, I have a new little pixel project. Since I uploaded my Yarn décor clutter, @Avery suggested I do a cute grandma tileset. I am SO for this. I have looked up furniture ideas, décor, and made a unique monster specifically for this upcoming set.
    After making my mini Embalming tileset for dungeons and whatnot, I'm thinking I should do something more upbeat. Has anyone done yarn tiles before? I'm feeling like yarn balls and baskets and croquette.
    I've been feeling blue for a few days now and decided that I take that bad energy and make some dreary dungeon decor: embalming tool, an old rag, and an ancient pair of Viking scissors.
    Sample Minibot.png
    Wanted to share a quick update with what's going on for the Transformers G1 sprites: I have finished Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Tap-Out. Currently working on Brawn (far left), and will do Gears, Glyph (female Autobot), Huffer and Windcharger in that order.

When I have finished the Autobot Minibots, I am going to jump back to the Decepticons and create: Megatron, Soundwave and the Minicons.
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    @Guardinthena I only know Tap-Out because his toy was either a freebie or part of a package at a BotCon I was at. Don't know if I still have him or sold him at some point.

Ding-dang it, I meant Etsy, not eBay and my brain swapped them for some reason. I just sell at conventions now. Need to buy more resin soon so I can get ready for TFCon in July.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    You sell stuff at conventions?! That is so cool! I've always wanted to myself but could never work up the nerve. Or figure out how to charge for my art/product. Wait, where is TFCon this year? I've never been to a TF convention and have always wanted to go.
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    July TFCon is in Toronto. They just opened up dealer registration this week. But ( checking your profile ) you're in the States so the same people do TFCons down there, too. Next American one is Chicago in October. You pay a fee, you get a table, you sell your stuff.
    Hm, question? Should I hold off on uploading more Transformers G1 sprites until I complete a full sheet or do people like getting them as I complete one? I was curious because I've nearly finished with Cliffjumper and then it is going to be quick to recolor him into Tapout. Should I hold off on uploading them until I complete the Autobot minibot sprite sheet (set of eight) or upload as I complete a TF?
    Reactions: Nenen
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    ... - People can just download the new versions as they come out. If they're going to be whiny about it, they can wait until the sheet's finished if they insist on only downloading once.

You're not making a Perfect Sheet For Sale, you're doing freebies. Do it a bit at a time, you've got no deadlines.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @WaywardMartian - You nailed me with the bit about the anxious sort who stresses about people waiting and that I've failed them. That is me, all the time. It is cringe to see my apology headlines at the start of nearly every tf fanfic chapter.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    I don't have an issue with not sure on who to fill the sheet. There are so many Tf characters, but in other areas that does come up, like with the Mushroom people spritesheet I did recently.

Everything you said is so true, it is freebies and they don't have to be perfect. But I'm also worried that the energy I'm riding will burn out. Can be hard to pace myself.
    !$Bumblebee.png!$Bumblebee_Walk.png
    Woot! Just completed Bumblebee's walking sprite! Now, this is the 'tall' version of Bumblebee and not the one where I cut eight pixels out of his legs and feet in an attempt to make him more 'minibot.' What do you all think?

EDIT: Added 'minibot' Bumblebee
    Sample Height2.png
    Okay, so I wasn't satisfied that Bumblebee's height wasn't 'minibot' enough compared to Starscream. I went in today and hacked off eight pixels to get him to fit in MV's default large sprite dimensions. I think he manages to look even cuter! Got 'Bee's forward walking animation going and did Cliffjumper's forward static image as well.
    Beewo
    Beewo
    Oh damn now I feel like a jerk, i misread it and thought you made him taller. Yeah sorry I do but he looks perfectly adorable in the tinier format also, did not mean to rain on your parade. Its a good edit, especially as he now fits the default large sprite size.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    It's okay! You didn't rain on my parade. There are pros and cons to both sizes. I'm trying to get their sizes as in the G1 show. But Huffer- and Gears, also minibots, have friggin huge head pieces that would force me to use the larger bee module to make them all similar height. Only way to fix it is make Bee smaller, or Gears and Huffer smaller unless I still with the large Bee.
    Reactions: Beewo
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Then there's the Decepticon Cassettes who are even smaller than Bee! In the show, their about a head or two taller than Spike.
    Reactions: Beewo
    I'm feeling like Woolly Mammoth sprites. Anyone feeling like Woolly Mammoth sprites?
    Sample Height.png
    Started work yesterday on Bumblebee and have finished his static image today. Thought it would be nice to show off the difference in size of the characters so far: standard 'bot height (Starscream), minibot height (as shown by Bumblebee), and human height (Spike and Sparkplug). An aside, not sure if I should keep the Autobot sigil on Bee, as it looks wonky.
    Decepticons_1.png
    At last! I have finished the first batch of Transformer sprites--the Decepticon Seekers: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Nova Storm, Ion Storm, and Slipstream. Feeling amazing!
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @JohnDoeNews - Not yet but it is on my to-do list. I originally only wanted to post after I had the vehicles and transformation animation, but I had other people who wanted them asap to see how they walk.
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    Finally got a bit of time to play with my RPGM and pop your sprites into it. Hee hee, look at them go! The big problem is the hitboxes - always a problem with oversize sprites but more obvious when they're more than 48px wide since their wings go over the walls and each other. Oh well, there's either a script for it or careful mapping. They look lovely and I'm delighted by them. ^_^
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @WaywardMartian- Glad that you are enjoying the sprites! And yeah, I knew the hitboxes were going to be an issue when I set out to make them large. I know that Yanfly has a plugin: Event Hitbox Resize, I think that's suppose to help. I thought Galv had one too, but I can't find it. On a side note: I made them large to capture the height difference of standard bots to minibots to humans.
    Slipstream.png
    Slipstream has been made! Mawhahahaha! ....now I just have to make her walk;_;
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Lol! It does look better moving at a slower frame rate. Couldn't figure out how to slow the speed down when I made the GIF in photoshop. I have edited the hips, not so wiggly anymore and looks better.
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    Okay, for the Photoshop gifs ( I am using an older version so if you've got something newer, stuff might be different, ) what I do is in the Animation Window, you want to get into Animation (Frames) rather than Animation (Timeline). For me it's a tiny button at the lower right that has three rectangles on it. -->
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    ... That'll show you your frames and under the frames shows the delay. On mine the automatic timing is 0.2, I find 0.3 is close-ish to default RPGM walking speed. You'll need to use the Custom option to plug that in.
    Seeker Clones.png
    Nearly there! Woooo! Decepticons L-R: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Sunstorm, Acid Storm, Nova Storm, and Ion Storm! Feeling great about it! Next order of business is to create the femme Slipstream. I'm going to take a TF:G1 approach to her, meaning she will have a more feminine build. Might pull from G1 Minerva for inspiration.
    Finished Ion Storm's sprite from Transformers G1. Now just have Sunstorm and Slipstream left. I'm struggling to pick a paint scheme for Sunstorm. He has some interesting ones out there...
    Reactions: WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    You'll have to follow your own heart on this one. I've got no strong Sunstorm opinions to try to sway you with. ;)
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    That's cool. I was figuring that myself. The classic Sunstorm in G1 is simply white and yellow. Very basic. But the Sunstorm that appears in the comics and the Trading Card game had a more dynamic scheme: orange, yellow, white. Teasing out the schemes in the sprite to find what works best.
    Seeker Clones.png
    Work on the Decepticon Seeker sprites is taking longer than I anticipated. I have five down: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Nova Storm. Three left to go: Ion Storm, Sunstorm (needs rework), and Slipstream. After completing their walking sprites, should I wait to post them after I've done a transformation sequence?
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    Release the walking sprites first, if only because I want to see how they look in-game. :D I'm looking forward to the transformation sequence. I know I'd be lazy and just do the alt-modes with nothing in between.
    ThreeSixNine
    ThreeSixNine
    Wow these are amazing!!!
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @WaywardMartian - I was thinking the same of just releasing the walking sprites so the community sees how they move. I was also thinking of taking a page out of Chrono Trigger where there is only animations of forward facing characters. So, Starscream laughing, floating, shooting, would be forward facing. For the transformation, I was thinking of using a blur effect for an anime approach.
    To those interested, I'm still doing the Starscream and Seeker sprites. These just got crazy a round the holidays. also, my husband was showing me how to make a RAR file for the Dwarf Generator pieces today, so I'll have that up in the next day or two.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Replaced my battle victory/level up script by a custom-made script by Sixth
[media]
"It is very easy to break things and very difficult to make things."
Took a six week summer break from making my game, hoping some inspiration would magically strike me and I'd easily finish the last minigame and find the remaining music, but no such luck :D Guess I'll soon have to just sit down again and grind the project to the finish line. Well, at least I played a couple of good games. The Messenger was fun (when it didn't cause you rage) and currently playing World End Syndrome.
Enig and Riley.png
Each area of my game acts sort of like a level of sorts. These 3 are the bosses of the first area. Called Team Outcast, there's Riley, Mary Mars McQueen (Triple M), and Enig. A trio of wanna be super heroes.
hQopibt.gif

Now with animated hair~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliberts