Guardinthena
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Still working on a few pixel projects- first, working on a fan tileset that I plan to drop soon. Second, returned to my Meat Market icons today and knocked out an additional eight. Up to 41 icons for meat products. Have another 14 icons planned before I run out of ideas.
    Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Now that you mention it I do see a resemblance. I still haven't fully figured out everything that's in those. I believe I'm using some sort of teleporter as a space shower in the bathrooms of the living quarters of a space ship I'm putting together.......
    So, working on a new tileset...and making plans for custom chars for it that will be robots. Thoughts on scale? It doesn't feel right to me to do all robots in a chibi size.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    All sizes, half of the chibis, same size as the chibis, slightly bigger than the chibis, way bigger than the chibis, dungeon sized, world sized, universe sized.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @WaywardMartian - Mimics you say? ;D Well, I was thinking chibi size for small, tall for medium and boss size for large. Maybe even bigger than that, but that's way ahead of myself right now. That was the plan I had, and thinking of doing all of them in the default chibi size makes me cringe. Seems support leans to any size though, which is great!
    SoftCloud
    SoftCloud
    I think a double sized version of your human characters might be good. Not too big not too small. Enough where you don't have to fill the robot into a full double size. Gives you room to play. I think of protectrons and assaultrons from Fallout.
    Working on a new tileset! Got the walls and ceilings and moving on to the floors. So excited about it! I want to drop it but I'm trying to hold off until I get tileset B at least!
    I can't believe we are half way thru October! I had plans to release spooky content but I haven't even gotten to it yet with recent life events happening in my family!
    Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Went on vacation for a month, and had unexpected medical issues arise for my 3 1/2yr old that has changed my family dynamic (boo!) on top of discovering that I'm pregnant again(yay!) Things are starting to settle down for me and I hope to return to the community soon.
    Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
    yLBf5u5.png

There was an accident at the stone mason's workshop today. Some @The Stranger was seen on the premises, ranting about evil secret guild business before they destroyed the Statue of David. Public and law enforcement will keep an eye out for vandals!
    Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
    Thought over some things since last night and this morning. I've come to the decision that, for my sculpture pack, I'm going to focus on the mason for the next few days. Knocking out the tools today.
    The success I've had with my dwarf statues has triggered an old suppressed muse...now I'm flushing out the whole of my dwarf culture. Did pottery, now a golden rose...
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Oh, I have been on that train plenty of times. I'm hoping this ride carries me all the way through...has to actually, considering I need these things for my own game.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Do you still plan on making a monument resource pack? If so, you could always create some fantasy monuments to go alongside those real world ones.
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    @The Stranger - Absolutely. That's how this started, actually. Began making the dwarf statues because I needed them for my game and the pack, so double incentive there. I have two dwarf statues done, with smaller versions too. I have plans for a handful more 'dwarven' statues before I'm satisfied. But if this bloats into its own thing I might separate into it's own theme.
    Grr...can't figure out how to upload pictures from Imgur to the status post, so frustrating. I've done it before, but the website is giving me a hard time now. :(
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Use the direct link URL they give, then use the insert image command here. I do it all of the time for my game screenshot updates. :LZSwink:
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Oh my gosh! Thank you so much, @ImaginaryVillain ! That worked! Why would the direct link work and not the image link? So wierd!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm pretty certain the insert image has additional code it runs (such as a database lookup or something), where as direct link is exactly that, just the url of the image on the server.
    oQw4sme.png

Been hard at work today making a large dwarf statue for my game Astrafalla. First time tackling statues on a large scale (or any scale really) and it turned out bomb.
    Anyone know what's up with Drifty today? They running late for the livestream?
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Normally I would say that would be about anyone, however I have to ask, would said categories be triggered by motherhood trials and tribulations, or work-life balance?
    magnaangemon01
    magnaangemon01
    Definitely not a woman, so no motherhood. I get frustrated sometimes because i can't figure something out. Also diabetic, so if sugar's up, so is my temper
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Aha! First, I'd like to apologize about assuming about motherhood. Secondly, I totally get the diabetic part. My father was diabetic, so I've seen how it affects someone.
    Yelp. I find myself retexturing FSM Forest cliffs so that they are snow covered. Knowing my luck, REFMAP will probably drop a winter FSM later this year. XP
    Here's a little secret...I started seriously creating pixel art at the start of this year, practicing with pixel icons to start. Sometimes, I feel my stuff isn't up to par and I have this little fear that someone will call me out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloodless