Recent content by Guardinthena

1. Guardinthena

Thalzon's MV Battlers

Sentient bronze statues? Poison clouds and the like? Thank you Thalzon!
  2. Guardinthena

Riding thru a slump and not sure how to drag myself out of it. Hate it when these moods take...

Riding thru a slump and not sure how to drag myself out of it. Hate it when these moods take me. Trying to focus on my art but hit a wall with that(TT)
  3. Guardinthena

RMMV Astrafalla

Another character art update today for the cast of heroes. I finished Sigrun yesterday, a rogue with an obsession with locks and ancient technology. She's an incredible pickpocket and lock picker, but is shy around strangers, preferring to speak only to her brother Sigurd (the ranger) until...
  4. Guardinthena

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

It is so wonderful to be posting in this thread again. I can't believe I forgot about it at all! Everyone on here is amazing and wonderful and it is so cool to see everyone's process and talents! @bgillisp - Thank you for the compliment! I hope I get to use Bellarose too! I have an entire...
  5. Guardinthena

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

Goal for the year: Complete enough of my game as to get the main questline done. That would be great! Goal for the month to crawl towards the yearly goal: Currently working on the character portraits for the main heroes. After, will work on the villain's. I currently have five portraits...
  6. Guardinthena

RMMV Astrafalla

Been a long time since I updated, I need to get better at this! I've worked on the main intro and mostly have that hammered out, some minor tweaks here and there but it works. Been busy with creating sprites and currently working on character portraits for the heroes, more to come! Left to...
  7. Guardinthena

Thank you, Finnuval and BK-tdm for the advice on the norse music. It really did help for...

Thank you, Finnuval and BK-tdm for the advice on the norse music. It really did help for inspiration! I was worried that a lot of the cinematic orchestra music I had wasn't going to fit the theme, but listening to what you all suggested, plus some AAA title games over the years, really helped...
  8. Guardinthena

Thalzon's MV Battlers

My weekly pick-me-up, thank you Thalzon! These are a treat! These would be great for a demon or flesh dungeon, as you said. The speed at which you get these out always amazes me.
  9. Guardinthena

Loving the art style. It's nice to see people who take the time to make the game their own.

Loving the art style. It's nice to see people who take the time to make the game their own.
  10. Guardinthena

Guardinthena's MV Resources -- New: Hine Viking Villagers

More Hine-inspired drops today! The theme today is Viking people/villagers and some viking inspired beards/hairs for the men. I spent quite a bit of time working on the outfits for my own project, designing them off of true-to-era clothes worn at that time. I'm not sure if these will make it...
  11. Guardinthena

Viking-like songs/bands. One of my projects has a heavy viking theme influence to it and I was...

Viking-like songs/bands. One of my projects has a heavy viking theme influence to it and I was looking for music to match, and/or bands to listen to too gain inspiration.
  12. Guardinthena

While the Steam Summer Sale is ongoing, was looking to get some music. Anyone know of any that...

While the Steam Summer Sale is ongoing, was looking to get some music. Anyone know of any that has a viking vibe to it?
  13. Guardinthena

Just bought the Tokiwa Graphics monster dlcs on Steam for the purpose of studying to improve my...

Just bought the Tokiwa Graphics monster dlcs on Steam for the purpose of studying to improve my skills, and just delightfully discovered that they are on a similar size to Hiddenones Hine sprites. Bonus!
  14. Guardinthena

Thalzon's MV Battlers

I'm getting Cthulhuian vibes from these tentacle sea slugs. Wonderful work as always, Thalzon!
  15. Guardinthena

Thalzon's MV Battlers

I use to play D&D frequently in my HS and college years, so it is so cool that you reference the enemies from the monster manuals for your Battlers. Never got into 5e, so thank you for introducing me to the Corpse Flower! Had to look it up, what a nice baddie to complicate matters when the pcs...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

…I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…
just saw that titan quest is free on steam until the 23rd
Zombie status is now complete. I didn't have to do much in the way of changing how healing is applied to undead targets, was just a simple 3 line code. I thought I had to overhaul Game_Action lol. Everything else was doable by events. So.. Zombie: You turn undead. Your element changes to darkness. You're weak to light, you're strong to physical attacks and healing hurts you and revival items will kill you.
My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mudge