Recent content by gub

1. gub

obviously no backup. Learned from my mistake.

obviously no backup. Learned from my mistake.
  2. gub

gee, thanks pc. Two weeks of hard work down the drain.

gee, thanks pc. Two weeks of hard work down the drain.
  3. gub

Cringing over your old works show that you have gotten so, so much better. Face the cringe and...

Cringing over your old works show that you have gotten so, so much better. Face the cringe and improve upon your works.
  4. gub

Ratchet and Clank (2002) just...just...made me tear up. I didn't expect so many feels from a 3D...

Ratchet and Clank (2002) just...just...made me tear up. I didn't expect so many feels from a 3D platformer.
  5. gub

The best stories are simple. Just go back to your outline as @[96554:@Roszhelhia] said, and...

The best stories are simple. Just go back to your outline as @[96554:@Roszhelhia] said, and son't make it too complicated, that will require (extra) gameplay-slowing exposition and infodumps. Just, keep it simple. For your first game at least.
  6. gub

http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/15/yep-58-item-synthesis/

http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/15/yep-58-item-synthesis/
  7. gub

*yawn*

*yawn*
  8. gub

Video Game Characters You Adore

What are your favourite video game characters of all time? RPG, FPS, Platformer? Doesn't matter! My personal favourites (in no particular order) : John Marston : Red Dead Redemption Crono : Chrono Trigger Morte : Planescape : Torment The Nameless One : Planescape : Torment Andrew Ryan : BioShock...
  9. gub

Usage of terms like 'hell' in non-Christian worlds

A great solution to this, that I'm using in my own game to preserve the feeling of ye olden times, is to use Early Modern English, seen in many of Shakespeare's writings. It's pretty easy to understand (imo) and a great way to keep the player feeling like they're in the time period.
  10. gub

Read the story and seen some screenshots. Pretty promising. Good luck!

Read the story and seen some screenshots. Pretty promising. Good luck!
  11. gub

I might try it sometime this weekend.

I might try it sometime this weekend.
  12. gub

Difficulty in RPGs

@shadefoundry : Could you recommend me some games that did it right? For research, obviously.
  13. gub

That's a whole lot better. Removing "this dungeon" puts me gently back into the hole of the game...

That's a whole lot better. Removing "this dungeon" puts me gently back into the hole of the game experience.
  14. gub

Difficulty in RPGs

How do I handle difficulty in an RPG Maker game? Too easy, boring. Too hard, frustrating. How do I hit that sweet "challenging" spot?
  15. gub

Do you eat with your mask on?

Do you eat with your mask on?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmicycle