h0tWalker
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• When you really want to create an RPG but your not satisfied with your ideas and end up creating a project in a whole other genre instead (Horror). Not what I initially wanted, but got something going at least :rhappy:
    • Wow
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    TheGentlemanLoser
    TheGentlemanLoser
    when this happens once it's fine. when it happens a few times it might be fine. when it becomes a pattern it can be a problem, don't wind up like me and spend a decade finishing 0games but starting like 28 of them lol

also yes horror and RPG are not mutually exclusive genres as one describes tone/mood/atmosphere/storytelling tropes and the other describes actual gameplay/gameplay tropes
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I agree with @TheGentlemanLoser, Horror is more about atmosphere, mood and the like. I found that out with a game I worked on for four months and scrapped due to different reasons.
    h0tWalker
    h0tWalker
    The plan is to use all the experience gained across the years to make a project that tests plugins and create a nice narrative. Having atmosphere and mood as the most important aspect, which I primarily did in my spooktober jam, I hope to expand and build good experience for later projects :D
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackthelime