Recent content by h0tWalker

1. h0tWalker

Rpg story cliches you hate?

Haha, I feel ya. I consider the list of clichés sorta like Barbosa looks at the pirate code “The code is more what you’d call ‘guidelines’ than actual rules.” I like to take from it and use certain elements. I mean, your never gonna be rid of them all, and even if you use them, as long as you...
  2. h0tWalker

Rpg story cliches you hate?

Just gonna drop this one here, really love this site and super fun to look at, nothing wrong with using clichés, and this can be used either as a guideline to shape your project after some of them, or just plainly what to avoid. The Grand List of Console RPG Clichés
  3. h0tWalker

RMMV Help! Need a Plot

You sound really excited when talking about one of the ideas as you mention and trying an art style you never attempted before. Considering you won't be doing the story work, and seem uncertain about the use of these stories, aren't there better ways to invest time before the next project? I get...
  4. h0tWalker

What does your setup look like?

Oh... my... god... The Ranma 1/2 mangas!!! Thats so nostalgic! Pretty cozy setup aside and cute headset :D
  5. h0tWalker

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Very early concept of a town map. Added text for context of buildings, as well as having a list of other buildings to add to, The two empty strips is just outlined building placements. Center on the upper half of the map is gonna have stuff added, but struggling with what to add to fill the...
  6. h0tWalker

Your ambition with RPG Maker

When I started out with making games, there was initially another engine before RPG Maker, however, due to the simplicity of RPG Maker, it quickly became the main jam to get into game design. As much as I want to make a game that is successful, I don't think I could achieve my dream project...
  7. h0tWalker

Why I used to make Commercial Games - A Post Explanation

Steam added a new feature where you can check the engine popularity in the steam database. These numbers aren't perfect, but its roughly 1725 games on steam that has been published with RPG Maker. Of course, this should be taken with a grain of salt. Then from another list that compiled the...
  8. h0tWalker

Why I used to make Commercial Games - A Post Explanation

I don't really play many RPG Maker games because the majority of them don't really catch my attention. When I look at released RPG maker games, they usually come across as unappealing due to maps, multiple different art styles and story. Some are just bad at showcasing their game, while some...
  9. h0tWalker

Not gonna lie, I wasn't satisfied with the stairs, my lil raid group had a break so I quickly put it together in-between (hence the little edit add ons). That said, I felt it was gonna be one longer, but felt like it wasn't 100% right, and was leaning back and forth on it till I landed on it...
  10. h0tWalker

@jonthefox I don't consider myself a mapping expert, but hopefully this helps. Before I jump into details, I always like to approach the interior design with "Who lives here?" or "What's the purpose of this room?" as this creates the setting and expectations for the room. You of course have...
  11. h0tWalker

RPG Maker MZ World Map - Saint Paul - Free Sample map made by me

Most world maps usually don't stand out or lack details, and your map bring a fresh breath of air. From the additional buildings placed around cities in the first image, to the mystic tower hidden in the forests of the last. How the road trails through forests and mountains. I've never felt...
  12. h0tWalker

Don't expect to get help trouble shooting things on this thread as it's a screenshot / map showcase. To properly get help sorting out scripts and other problems, you should go to the appropriate forum and create a thread there. That way you'll get proper and faster help from people who knows...
  13. h0tWalker

Starting a Youtube channel. Some questions.

Even if you promote it or not, if you get big enough, people will probably find stuff anyway. If you want to grow naturally you need to stand out and use the youtube algorithm to your advantage and figure out what the best element are to gain traction. Right now it's all about #Shorts To begin...
  14. h0tWalker

Across my two monitors, the IPS has a light shade of warm white I'd say, which clearly displays everything on screen. On the other monitor, TN, things are darker outside the circle. The circle has more of a cold white color. So easy to forget when you primarily use one monitor, so I totally see...
  15. h0tWalker

@Elissiaro Been following your work here, quite impressed and nice maps, even before starting to fix things up. So great job on your maps :D That said, when it comes to lighting, some might disagree with me here, but I think it comes down the the atmosphere and feeling you wanna build in the...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after I finish Lunar Silver Star Story. That said, I am strongly considering an entry for the IGMC 2022 since an idea came to me for this year's theme.
Map033.png Road to the ruins of the temple of light you'll be exploring after leaving Teytal. Can I get some Yays?
I just bought VN Maker with 75% off, just for the assets.
IGMC is back everyone!
Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverpg