Recent content by HalcyonDaze

1. HalcyonDaze

RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Finally, some information to sink our teeth into! I had a feeling the 8GB minimum engine requirement had something to do with the new animation system.
  2. HalcyonDaze

Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

I'm not on the team and have no real idea, but I'd say it's almost an absolute certainty that MZ will have multiple updates of some kind, whether its tweaks, bug fixes, or all-new functionality. I don't know about any of you, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay more than $20 for any software that is...
  3. HalcyonDaze

Favorite/Least Favorite Villain/Anti-hero Characteristics?

Whatever their motivations, villains MUST be interesting, not merely be there to move the plot forward or simply to be an obstacle for the protagonists. However, I like tragic villains the most, honestly. Ones you can sympathize with, or at the very least, be able to understand what made them...
  4. HalcyonDaze

Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

Let me guess, next week's big reveal trailer will just be Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" on a ten-hour loop? Just kidding. I know the marketing decisions are made above everybody's head here on the forums, but dios mio, somebody's on all the drugs up there at HQ. This week's "trailer"...
  5. HalcyonDaze

A New RPG Maker draws near! Command?

I started using RPG Maker during the Don Miguel era as well. I would've been about 10 or so lol.
  6. HalcyonDaze

To all the people skeptical about the leaks because of the assets, it has already been pointed out that they could very well be placeholders. But yes, not much else we can do now but wait. I have a feeling much of what was leaked will be confirmed in a few days.
  7. HalcyonDaze

A beta tester, perhaps? Plausible deniability, I suppose. It's not hard to leak anonymously, under a false identity and a VPN.
  8. HalcyonDaze

4chan is a cesspool, yes. Has been for almost twenty years lol. But a ton of legit tech/video game stuff has been leaked there in the past. I've seen the MZ screenshots, and if they're fake, they are incredibly well done. I'd wager there's about a 80% chance that they're the real deal. Though I...
  9. HalcyonDaze

I would assume the answer is going to be "no". This is the official forums for RPG Maker. I don't know if corporate would want leaked stuff being spread on their own platform. But, I could be wrong. There are a ton of leaked images though, that showcase a lot of cool changes.
  10. HalcyonDaze

It seems like a lot of us were quick to judgment. If the information disclosed is accurate, there have been a ton of improvements made to the engine that I can tell. Some that were definitely on my personal wishlist. Kinda seals the deal for me. I'll definitely be upgrading to MZ and probably...
  11. HalcyonDaze

Look for an imgur link about 70% of the way through the thread.
  12. HalcyonDaze

Hopefully tile rotation/resize/hue/opacity change.
  13. HalcyonDaze

XP's mapping system (4 layers + events) is all but confirmed. And I'd assume more self switches/variables are a given. Don't give up hope just yet. :wink:
  14. HalcyonDaze

After the popularity of Terrax's lighting plugin, and the 8GB RAM requirement, I'd assume basic lighting effects of some kind are in. That's just my prediction, though.
  15. HalcyonDaze

Look at us, doubters and unbelievers a few hours ago, and now the hype train is already starting to gain steam, it seems.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it strange that dropping acid is improving my game development?
I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
std::vector, std::map and std::string. Three reasons why I'd take C++ over C. :D
Today, 1,932 RPG Maker fans died from being too wow'ed. May they rest in peace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rafane