Haydeos

The Dragon, Male, 28, from 'Murica

Veteran

What's been keeping me busy lately: bp2TOxh Oct 4, 2018

Haydeos was last seen:
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:32 AM
    1. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Had my first character death in D&D and the DM ruined it by bringing me back to life! :p

and now I've permanently lost an eye.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. CrimsonNightfox
        Jan 16, 2017
    2. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      just PURGED my Downloads folder...feels good man!
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Cr1t1cal
        Cr1t1cal
        I did the same last week freed up like 130 gig 
        Jan 6, 2017
      3. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        I did that with my gmail account X___X almost 2000 emails....
        Jan 6, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. Cr1t1cal
        Cr1t1cal
        Yea my emails haven't been cleaned since like 6-7 years ago. I guess I should really do that some time haha
        Jan 6, 2017
    3. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      I'm burned out creatively again...I want to ask for help but I don't want to bother anyone for a project that probably won't be finished.

Way too much to draw.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Gin
        Gin
        Just go with the flow... Usually when you start having fun and stop overthink it, things will start drawing themselfs... So just have fun. :kiss:

http://bestanimations.com/Animals/Mammals/Cats/catgif/funny-cat-gif-6-2.gif

Dec 21, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. CrimsonNightfox
        CrimsonNightfox
        I don't mind pitching in.
        Dec 22, 2016
      4. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        You can come to me for help/advice. I do what I can because I give a dayum. :D  xD
        Dec 22, 2016
    4. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      I don't need good graphics for my game...just memorable ones!
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Well, they should probably still look good, somewhat (unless your game follows the same thought process as mine, which is, everything must look as messed up and disturbing as possible. (It's a horror game) 
        Dec 20, 2016
      2. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I've always said, "it isn't about graphics, it's about aesthetics and making sure all your artwork matches that aesthetic".

You can do a lot with a little, as long as you know what you're doing. :D
        Dec 20, 2016
    5. CrimsonNightfox
      CrimsonNightfox
      Dude you got some pretty sick work on the weapons. I love it :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
    6. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      It's time for some Simplify Simplify I think.
    7. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      How my projects go...Step One: Say I'll draw a rat. Step Two: Accidentally draw a wolf head. Step Three: Screw it, I'm drawing a wolf I guess.
    8. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Finished 2 different idle animations today (3 frames each), the singular 'guarding' frame and one frame of walking to the left.

Should have worked on a wind-up or swinging animation instead...those will be tricky.
    9. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Thinking of switching over to GIMP from PS to save that $$
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        I've got a key command for layer to image size now.  That should help a bit.

BTW, Haydeos, as frustrating as GIMP can be when you're used to photoshop it's not all annoying.  I like that it's so easy to remap key commands for just about everything and I actually prefer how GIMP does selections once I understood how it worked.
        Dec 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        Ahhh, okay, I see what you mean Sharm. No, I honestly don't ever do it that way because of that. I "add new layer", then just paste into that.
        Dec 8, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        Adobe recently tried to lure me back to subscription with "trial reset" but I simply ignored them and stuck with GIMP and my really old CS3. :p
        Dec 8, 2016
    10. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Finally figured out what looked off about my battler that I've been working on, he wasn't 'chibi' enough
      1. 1 person likes this.
    11. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      I see the potential in what I'm drawing! It makes me want to rush, but I need to keep going slowly...

(TRYING TO Emulate Vibrato's SV battler style)
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Just try to think of it like it's code - if you rush it, it will be broken. While not strictly true for art, the correct sentiment is there.

Also, share when you're done! :3
        Nov 26, 2016
    12. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Some nights are just practicing...like drawing the outline of a head over & over.
    13. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Time to look at what I worked on last night with a fresh set of eyes :D
    14. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Welp, I did it again. I randomly drew something cool and now I can't replicate it!
      1. 1 person likes this.
    15. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      When there's 64 frames for every sideview animated battler, it's understandable why people rush through and copy a lot of them.
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        It's a ton of work.  And yet you still get people who request five of them made for their game and wonder why no one will do it for them for free.
        Nov 22, 2016
        2 people like this.
      2. taarna23
        taarna23
        Mine have a bunch of copy-pasting! But... I also don't really need all of them, and I'm using super-pixelated characters, so things like punch/shoot don't really need to look different.
        Nov 22, 2016
    16. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      1. 1 person likes this.
    17. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      New batch of D&D minis arrived :D

Owlbears are a lot bigger than I thought they were! :o
      1. 2 people like this.
    18. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Work's gonna be busy as hell, but I just want to sit up here and draw... :/
    19. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      I've been trying out photoshop's 3d modeling tools. As someone who makes assets for games ("What games?" Be Quiet!) surely this would be an interesting skill to have.
    20. Haydeos
      Haydeos
      Sometimes I like to remind myself that I really have noooo idea what I'm doing when it comes to art.

Some (most?) artists can picture things in their head & draw that specific thing. I genuinely can't do that!
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        Same here! I suspect I just need practice, but I am an impatient person...
        Aug 30, 2016
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        Jackson Pollock told himself that all the time, and drank himself stupid from it. How he became famous is beyond me.
        Aug 31, 2016
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 12, 1990 (Age: 28)
    First Language:
    English
    Gaming, Girls, Food, Dagorhir.

Signature

[​IMG]