Recent content by henryandjay

1. henryandjay

RMMV requestAnimation() unable to perform anime completely

Really need help, any suggestions are welcomed!
  2. henryandjay

haha, now I got it! Nice joke~~~:kaojoy:

haha, now I got it! Nice joke~~~:kaojoy:
  3. henryandjay

Thanks for the reply, although I don't quite understand the meaning... =D Well actually the...

Thanks for the reply, although I don't quite understand the meaning... =D Well actually the word "empty" is just the translation corresponding to the right-top Chinese word on my head icon, nothing negative LOL
  4. henryandjay

......empty

......empty
  5. henryandjay

got it! Sorry for the inconvenience.
  6. henryandjay

Hi all: I am developing a game that the combat is directly performed on map. The player can see attack anime affect and damage, like the following image: Therefore, I got used of requestAnimation() function. At the beginning, the animation works just fine, anime & sound effect can be...
  7. henryandjay

Make the map refresh every step player take

I found a way to refresh the map without so much lag! Although still doesn't know if there's any drawback using this methods: var scene = SceneManager._scene; scene.removeChild(scene._fadeSprite); scene.removeChild(scene._mapNameWindow); scene.removeChild(scene._windowLayer)...
  8. henryandjay

Let me try describe the algorithm: (this algorithm will be executed every player step, so $dataMap.data updates) for (tile in $dataMap.data) { if (player_can_see(tile)) { tile = original_tile_block; } else if (has_explored(tile)) { tile = original_tile_block + fog decoration; }...
  9. henryandjay

I have tried every $gameMap.refreshXXX() method but no luck. My fog of war is added to the 1st decoration layer of map. Yes, I can get the current scene, but also seems like non of scene.refreshXXX() function works for this. BTW, I found that whenever player walk causes map to scroll (update...
  10. henryandjay

Greetings, I wrote a map system that can update explored/visible/war-fog during every step player take, as the following figure shown: Because I modified $dataMap.data each step player take, I have to refresh the map. Now I am calling this to do the job: SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map); But the...
  11. henryandjay

Question about map loading mechanism

To Engr. Adiktuzmiko and caethyril: Thanks a lot! Surely the problem is that resources were loaded asynchronously, so I can't find them immediately. I added some logs in function DataManager.isMapLoaded(), and found that it might be called 2~3 times upon a map reload, so I tried to add some...
  12. henryandjay

To Silva: I don't need to change tilesetId, instead I need to change $dataMap.data or $gameMap.data values, so I can implement some map changing events after action (e.g. after perform digging action, a wall may disappear) To caethyril: Thanks for $dataMap & $gameMap concept explanation! When...
  13. henryandjay

Greetings. I am new at RMMV, and aims to develop a (simple) rougelike game. To achieve this, first I have to understand the map loading mechanism... (since rougelike style indicates highly random map) I know how to program with javascript, and had read this post about understanding the map...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.
My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
12dl