Recent content by Hero_Claive

1. Hero_Claive

Having BOTH visual encounters and random encounters

You only have a day's worth of replies, so let me chip in a bit. I think the idea is feasible. I've considered it before, but settled for something similar but different. I think there's two basic principles to this idea: Large areas that connect towns/are mandatory to move to different parts...
  2. Hero_Claive

Adding in limitations to 8D movement system

I recently implemented 8D movement in my game which is great, however Game_CharacterBase is one of the classes I've studied the least and I'm finding it difficult to navigate because the tile/x,y disparity. What I want to do is prevent diagonal movement if the character would clip through a...
  3. Hero_Claive

RMVXA Samsarian Tale

Hey all! I haven't update in a while, so I figured now would be a good time to go over a few new things I've added to the game. First off, a brand new Tutorial Scene to help the player maintain their knowledge of the game's many systems: As you can see, tutorials are unlocked as you unlock...
  4. Hero_Claive

Best way to avoid redrawing text during Scene updates?

This may seem like a dumb question, but I haven't yet found a good solution for this problem. I'll start off with a screencap here: Essentially I've created a pretty detailed stat window on the right using a large series of draw_text methods in a custom Window_Base child class. In...
  5. Hero_Claive

Looking for Edits on Default Shop System

#=============================================================================== # All Category Sell Window #------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # > Remove the category window from scene shop # # Terms of Service: # > Free for commercial # > Credit...
  6. Hero_Claive

Simulating a Skill Formula oustide of battle?

Great catch! I did try that method but like a numbskull, still tried to use $data_enemies. I created a dummy actor as you instructed and it works beautifully. Thanks a ton!
  7. Hero_Claive

Simulating a Skill Formula oustide of battle?

Been experimenting trying to create a window in Scene_Skill that shows hypothetical damage output of a given skill. This is easier said than done, however, as I'm having an increasing amount of trouble getting the program to return a numeric value from the skill's formula outside of battle. I'm...
  8. Hero_Claive

Check for Actor's Class [SOLVED]

Quite simply, it's actor.class depending on which (Ruby) class you're working in. The ID of that class is stored under actor.class_id. If you're using a script call in a conditional branch, you'd use $game_actors[x].class_id == y, with x being the actor id and y being the class id...
  9. Hero_Claive

Balancing damage output with low stats (MV, Ace)

Hey all, I'm here today to give an overview on how to create more balanced damage output using lower stats. If you've ever played bigger franchises like Final Fantasy or Pokemon, you'll notice that the stats intentionally begin very low (10-20) and end up in the multiple 100s range. The purpose...
  10. Hero_Claive

RMMV Wintervale Keep

Unfortunate that the character busts have to be so sexualized, the mapping looks very good and it's otherwise a game I'd like to play. Battle system needs a serious facelift/redesign but all that takes is a couple plugins and some configuration.
  11. Hero_Claive

RMVXA Samsarian Tale

Thanks for the kind words from both of you! I try to put as much work as possible into every facet of the game, especially the aesthetics. Glad it looks great at first glance!
  12. Hero_Claive

RMVXA Samsarian Tale

Hey all! I have here some screenshots from a new prologue I've been working on for the game that incorporates much more interaction, backstory, and development in about half the time and with 90% less unskippable text! As you can see, I've made a pretty big effort to work on the game's...
  13. Hero_Claive

RMMV Siel Requiem (Demo)

Looks fantastic. The lighting is well-designed and well-placed, the tiles look non-RTPish which is always a plus, and the character designs are professional-grade. Always awesome to see a game inspired by classic JRPGs too when that seems to be a growing scarcity in this forum. Any pics of the...
  14. Hero_Claive

How do you handle Poison/Burn/Bleed states when applying them to both enemies and bosses?

I do the same thing as @bgillisp. It's a formula commonly used in RPGs where debuffs are a legit strategy that works on most if not all enemies (including bosses). It also prevents the aforementioned issues of %-based DoT which renders boss battles pretty un-boss-like. Limiting the turns the...
  15. Hero_Claive

RMVXA Samsarian Tale

If you read my main topic, most battles in the game take place on the map where enemies are much easier to see. I use basic sideview for feature testing because it's faster, 32x32 sprites would not be used normally. Your idea isn't terrible though I'm not huge on the idea of offering feedback...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!
gotta love when a plugin you thought had nothing to do with why something else wasn't working winds up being the issue...
Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitlesbian