HexMozart88
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Trying to figure out how to add people after I've already made a conversation, LOL.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Got it. Waaaaayyyyy down at the bottom.
    ZombieKidzRule
    ZombieKidzRule
    Got the PM. Any significant play will have to wait until the weekend. But I will see if I can get it installed on one of my handhelds and then I can play away from home. As long as I don’t need internet to play.
    My dad and I were watching a movie where, for some reason, a bunch of fighter jets were... shooting at volcanoes?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Unfortunately, that was not the case. The volcanoes (yes, there were several) were spitting fire everywhere and causing explosions.
    TheAM-Dol
    TheAM-Dol
    Sounds like a blast.
    ZombieKidzRule
    ZombieKidzRule
    Ok, I am going to go there. Sounds like a Nicholas Cage movie…my son convinced us to watch one of his movies that was based open the Five Nights at Freddy’s games. He didn’t speak once…through the entire movie. But, back to the volcano movie…did you get to the part where Spectreman was summoned by the magic whistle to save the day? I can still remember that whistle’s tune.
    Man, how do you get work when everyone else is better than you?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    The thing is, I actually can draw proportions pretty well, but I just have a hard time with dynamic poses when I map out the proportions. Always looks too stiff.
    Trihan
    Trihan
    I would recommend firmly establishing timescales at the beginning of a job. Do not accept pressure to work faster; if they get mad that you're not done yet, politely remind them of the timescale you clearly informed them of, that they accepted when you took the commission.
    Avery
    Avery
    Then maybe your are not ready for commissions yet? Throwing yourself out for dumping prices and having so many negative experiences can't be good for your own self-esteem. If I was you I would probably put that possibility on hold until I am confident about my own work - and practise inbetween.
    I feel like I shouldn't have to say this, but please. When you commission someone, please don't give them a one-sentence description.
    Did anyone actually care about my RM cast portraits? Just gauging interest to see if I should continue the series.
    Dining hall disco ball???
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I was thinking of keeping them yellow because complimentary colours, but I'm actually kind of digging the green.
    Alador
    Alador
    thats... that's a lot of scripts, hex! and I thought my scripts folder was big!
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    It's Unity, so I've had to script everything myself.
    Reactions: Alador
    I think I'm just being tolerated at this point.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I like to bake too. My mom and I will hopefully be doing that over the holidays. I usually have to bake with someone else because I'm terrified of ovens.
    Avery
    Avery
    There are no bake treats though ;3 Tempered chocolate and cornflakes mixed and cooled as bits make a very nice gift and snack and require nothing more than a microwave^^
    WaywardMartian
    WaywardMartian
    I don't have a full-on fear of ovens but I am nervous about reaching in there with regular oven mitts or, heaven forbid, a tea towel. What I did was buy a pair of welding gloves. Bonus: They have fingers so you feel more dexterous and in control.
    You know you've hit rockbottom in life when Mr. Bean is your comfort show.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    is it on broadcast?
    I mean, it would be the *least* horrible thing to watch, honestly.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I watch it on Prime TV.
    What are those medieval things called when they put your head and hands in holes and people throw tomatoes at you?
    TabletopWeeb
    TabletopWeeb
    NetflixTM and staupenschlag?
    tumblr-oqkjx90sqc1qbrih3o1-1280.jpg
    Kes
    Kes
    @cthulhusquid "Stockade as well."
    Err, nope. A stockade is a type of defensive enclosure, made of vertical poles of wood with sharpened tops.
    Asanti
    Asanti
    The wooden frame that locks around the neck and wrists, forcing the punished to stand/bend at the waist is a pillory.
    Stocks are wooden shackles applied to the wrists and ankles, like blocky wooden handcuffs.
    So. I'm apparently back.
    • Love
    Reactions: Alador
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Is that a good or bad thing? (I mean did Unity flop or no)
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    No, I meant I'm back on these forums. Still using Unity mainly, but I took a break from the forums for mental health reasons.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    Hey sweetie, welcome back! :kaoluv:
    Just realized I don't actually know how to write vocal music. ._.
    Reactions: Asanti
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    OK, so what I don't know is how to make the background blend so the singer doesn't get drowned out. I've never really tried to make just a background for a song before.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Oh, so you are talking about mixing. In that case, I have no idea.
    sunnyFVA
    sunnyFVA
    If you mean more the composition of vocal melodies that don't get lost in the harmonies, consider looking into cantus firmus, four-part harmony, and counterpoint more generally (if you are not familiar already). Not that you have to adhere to any kind of system strictly, but it will give you some frameworks to reference instead of just feeling around in the void.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I hate it when people instigate fights or conflicts and then use us, the security guards, as shields or as means to resolve their conflicts. Especially since we at times have to be unfair due to our duty of preserving peace.
Fortunately it doesn't happen very often.
The lucky person will get the choco.
Time to continue my game dev journey, for those who want to see how not to use RM. :LZSlol:

This is the second time in less than a week that somebody tells me something doesn't work out of the box, but when I go playtest it... it certainly does!!
I don't have experience with PixelArt, I just made it to have a cool icon for the tool I created, if anyone can give an opinion it would help me a lot:

Option A:

CrystalBall-A-32-24-16.png

Option B:
CrystalBall-B-32-24-16.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merix