HexMozart88
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Moderator cloning is expensive, sometimes they have to cut corners but never want to admit it. So they wait till nobody is looking and order off of Amazon instead. Did you know mods come with free Prime? :LZSexcite:
    Man, I'm never going to get used to this. I keep clicking Home, and it doesn't bring me to the forums, LOL.
    Reactions: standardplayer
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    That's true, but some ideas are inherently worse than others. Like having two links that do the exact same thing both at the top of the page, very close together and with nothing between them. I mean....lol I get the thing you said, but that doesn't explain having two identical links right next to eachother XD
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    Same. So used to clicking Home and getting to the main forum page. :aswt: I'm surprised so many people complained about it, considering that's how it worked before the forum update as well.
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Ditto so much! When I click Home, I expect to be taken to the forum front page, not the RPG maker site's! Gets pretty annoying...Only the Home button on the top of the page should do the latter.
    When did this forum turn into salt/political undertone central?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I said "borderline" because it's not quite your usual politics, but I do see some stuff that is associated with topics often talked about politically. Or perhaps what's considered political is becoming skewed for me because things get equally heated at times.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    Heated does not equal political. But, at that, I'd be hard pressed to find heated topics around here. So, can you point out what you are talking about?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I saw one post referencing Trump, others about gender (which often is talked about politically), and some climate change ones.
    Most nervewracking experience: waiting for your thread to be approved.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    For me when you wait for scans results at the doctor's office.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    That's also true. Though, in my case,it's never really that serious. Like, if I broke my toe or not doesn't change how much it hurts.
    I've been trying to figure out how to make resources for a long time, but the hardest part is knowing what people want.
    Ms Littlefish
    Ms Littlefish
    That’s what I do. It makes me most happy to make music that makes me happy. Maybe it makes someone else happy, but...me first! XD
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    Some of the most neglected resource types are Battlebacks & Skill Animations. It'd be nice if a graphics artist would devote themselves to making new battlebacks for terrain & scenarios that no one's made yet.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    @Animebryan I've never really made either of those (well, I've made battlebacks before, but they've been mostly very simple and somewhat psychedelic). I'd definitely like to make some quality skill animations, though. And sound effects. Not many people make those either.
    Even though I'm an eventer, the temptation to browse random scripts often outweighs the will to actually work on my game.
    You know, with the amount of "Match 3" games out there, you'd think they were the easiest things to code.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Speaking of match 3 games, the one I like and I'm still playing occasionally is Gems of War. Probably the most innovative match 3 games I've ever tried so far.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    @Wavelength that's probably why I haven't been able to do one successfully. In all of the game engines I've attempted, I get stuck trying to figure out how to detect matches. The rest of it seems easy enough, I just never get past that part.
    @Poryg that's very true. A lot of them seem to do the exact same thing. Perhaps, after my game is done, that'll be a side project.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Detecting matches is easy, here is how. You only need to detect the middle match, i.e the second from 3 matches. The check goes like "is there another me on vertical/horizontal line?", if yes, mark for delete. To detect 4 matches, it's simply checking if any of the grid had been marked twice for delete.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagicMan