HexMozart88
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Do you ever get the feeling that you shouldn't be struggling with your mental illness because it's so common? Like, half the population has anxiety. Why is it bothering me and not anyone else?
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    And true to what some have said, I just don't talk about it. There are times I genuinely don't want to, and other times where, as I found given my recent appointments, I can't find the words for it even if I did want to. [2/3]
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    But uh, I should probably end it here before I start feeling guilty about bringing it up. Hang in there. [3/3]
    JohnDoeNews
    JohnDoeNews
    That it doesn't bother others is an illusion. Everyone with anxiety is bothered by their anxiety. I think there isn't a single person who is okay with it. People just don't talk about it.
    I can say from experience that anxiety can be overcome, if you are willing to work on it. Accept professional help and face your demons. That isn't easy, but it will change your life for the better.
    OK, so I played Turnip Boy and I must admit, it's actually not a bad game.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I beat Two Worlds recently, and well, it's the good kind of bad. The voice acting is horrendous, the physics and animations are janky, and the bloom is cranked to 11, but I played it for a bit over 70 hours so it's not TRUELY bad.
    Opinions required: could these styles work together or do my sprites need a redo?
    1658014902488.png
    Reactions: lianderson
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    The styles do clash however, if the character is meant to stick out (like they are foreign in this world) it may world. It depends on the context.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Yeah, I probably will just redo my sprites if I end up using this map style.
    Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
    • Sad
    Reactions: lianderson
    Ellenor
    Ellenor
    We all start somehwere, I mean my first game was AWFUL when it comes to polish lol!
    click on dude on the ground he turned into someone else because I did not even lock the directions of the spritesheet =P
    Even triple AAA companies used to be way smaller and produce less polished games =3
    So no reason to compare yourself to companies or people for that matter.
    Just do the best you can do =3
    Arctica
    Those AAA companies isn't comprised of just one single person making a game. For you, you're literally everything an AAA company has one designated person for. You're the director, the producer, the sound producer, the layout designer, the art director, the music director, etc. If anything, they would applaud you lol.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I do the same, and get frustrated that there aren't the hyper-specific VX Ace scripts that I need to fulfill my planned game mechanics, or that existing scripts get close but fail in some aspect or another. For example I was planning on having 2 currencies in my post apocalyptic game, but due to limitations and potential exploits with current scripts I can't make it function how I'd like.
    Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.
    Ellenor
    Ellenor
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that =(
    If it was only the unity switch I would tell you to keep coming here (since that is what I do *cough*)
    But if you feel people are getting worst on this forum I understand that leaving may be a good option.
    watermark
    watermark
    I use Unity too for my other games (which I can't talk about in this forum :p). But I still come here for my RM games. I think you can do both. And with Unite coming out, these two may soon become the same thing anyway.
    Arctica
    There's one person that trolls me here but he only surfaces under a certain condition and I denied him of that condition. Unfortunately it also hurt my progress but whatever. Just filter out the trolls and you'll be ok here.
    My brain really needs to like, figure out when something is a bad idea because the hot idea in my brain is to bring my whole game into Unity but I know that would be a terrible idea.
    Why are all my protagonists depressed high school boys? I haven't been in high school for years.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Tradition?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Never understood why anime and games feature this trope so much. Maybe in the 80s and 90s when that was pretty much the only demographic being sold to but come on. Also why are the depressed teenager's parents either dead or absent scumbags (usually dead mother, absent father who ends up being an antagonist later in the story)? We need more non-******* adult representation in gaming I think.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    @Philosophus Vagus Non-terrible parental representation generally feels unrealistic and the conflict of family being terrible to each other makes for stories people seem to like.
    Some of the mean comments I get on my stuff feels like they're intentionally targeting me as a person. Like, cool down man. I haven't even done anything to you.
    woootbm
    woootbm
    Real consumers are just as harsh (or worse). There are some great, top-quality games out there from big dev's that get crushed by user reviews for as little as one flaw. And that's what's scary, dude. People have opinions. Just learn from it. Everyone's first, second, etc creative project is always terrible. No matter the medium.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    On the flipside tho, I think you're nice, cute, funny, and intelligent! :kaoluv: AND I keep thinkin' bout that Bach pastiche you did like I want you to do summat for me sometime! :wub
    kirbwarrior
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tatrunglinh271