HexMozart88
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• What are those medieval things called when they put your head and hands in holes and people throw tomatoes at you?
    TabletopWeeb
    TabletopWeeb
    NetflixTM and staupenschlag?
    tumblr-oqkjx90sqc1qbrih3o1-1280.jpg
    Kes
    Kes
    @cthulhusquid "Stockade as well."
    Err, nope. A stockade is a type of defensive enclosure, made of vertical poles of wood with sharpened tops.
    Asanti
    Asanti
    The wooden frame that locks around the neck and wrists, forcing the punished to stand/bend at the waist is a pillory.
    Stocks are wooden shackles applied to the wrists and ankles, like blocky wooden handcuffs.
    So. I'm apparently back.
    • Love
    Reactions: Alador
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Is that a good or bad thing? (I mean did Unity flop or no)
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    No, I meant I'm back on these forums. Still using Unity mainly, but I took a break from the forums for mental health reasons.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    Hey sweetie, welcome back! :kaoluv:
    Just realized I don't actually know how to write vocal music. ._.
    Reactions: Asanti
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    OK, so what I don't know is how to make the background blend so the singer doesn't get drowned out. I've never really tried to make just a background for a song before.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Oh, so you are talking about mixing. In that case, I have no idea.
    sunnyFVA
    sunnyFVA
    If you mean more the composition of vocal melodies that don't get lost in the harmonies, consider looking into cantus firmus, four-part harmony, and counterpoint more generally (if you are not familiar already). Not that you have to adhere to any kind of system strictly, but it will give you some frameworks to reference instead of just feeling around in the void.
    Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Basically, my advice is: If you want to do collaborative work with someone, get agreement up top before expecting them to prioritise etc :)
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    Recruiting only works if you're serious about the project and hire people who are as serious about it as you. Or, who have a work ethic similar to your own. Admittedly, most collabs fall apart because the person putting them together is just not a "leader" in any fashion.
    CG-Tespy
    CG-Tespy
    It also helps if you have something to offer the other person besides the privilege of working on your project. Skill trades are a wonderful thing.
    Do you ever get the feeling that you shouldn't be struggling with your mental illness because it's so common? Like, half the population has anxiety. Why is it bothering me and not anyone else?
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    And true to what some have said, I just don't talk about it. There are times I genuinely don't want to, and other times where, as I found given my recent appointments, I can't find the words for it even if I did want to. [2/3]
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    But uh, I should probably end it here before I start feeling guilty about bringing it up. Hang in there. [3/3]
    JohnDoeNews
    JohnDoeNews
    That it doesn't bother others is an illusion. Everyone with anxiety is bothered by their anxiety. I think there isn't a single person who is okay with it. People just don't talk about it.
    I can say from experience that anxiety can be overcome, if you are willing to work on it. Accept professional help and face your demons. That isn't easy, but it will change your life for the better.
    OK, so I played Turnip Boy and I must admit, it's actually not a bad game.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I beat Two Worlds recently, and well, it's the good kind of bad. The voice acting is horrendous, the physics and animations are janky, and the bloom is cranked to 11, but I played it for a bit over 70 hours so it's not TRUELY bad.
    Opinions required: could these styles work together or do my sprites need a redo?
    1658014902488.png
    Reactions: lianderson
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    The styles do clash however, if the character is meant to stick out (like they are foreign in this world) it may world. It depends on the context.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Yeah, I probably will just redo my sprites if I end up using this map style.
    Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
    • Sad
    Reactions: lianderson
    Ellenor
    Ellenor
    We all start somehwere, I mean my first game was AWFUL when it comes to polish lol!
    click on dude on the ground he turned into someone else because I did not even lock the directions of the spritesheet =P
    Even triple AAA companies used to be way smaller and produce less polished games =3
    So no reason to compare yourself to companies or people for that matter.
    Just do the best you can do =3
    Arctica
    Those AAA companies isn't comprised of just one single person making a game. For you, you're literally everything an AAA company has one designated person for. You're the director, the producer, the sound producer, the layout designer, the art director, the music director, etc. If anything, they would applaud you lol.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I do the same, and get frustrated that there aren't the hyper-specific VX Ace scripts that I need to fulfill my planned game mechanics, or that existing scripts get close but fail in some aspect or another. For example I was planning on having 2 currencies in my post apocalyptic game, but due to limitations and potential exploits with current scripts I can't make it function how I'd like.
    Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.
    Ellenor
    Ellenor
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear that =(
    If it was only the unity switch I would tell you to keep coming here (since that is what I do *cough*)
    But if you feel people are getting worst on this forum I understand that leaving may be a good option.
    watermark
    watermark
    I use Unity too for my other games (which I can't talk about in this forum :p). But I still come here for my RM games. I think you can do both. And with Unite coming out, these two may soon become the same thing anyway.
    Arctica
    There's one person that trolls me here but he only surfaces under a certain condition and I denied him of that condition. Unfortunately it also hurt my progress but whatever. Just filter out the trolls and you'll be ok here.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!
Has anyone ever wanted to choose how they play? I've been working on Black Moon, a project where you can fight against ancient beasts by commanding an army of former gods and goddesses. But what makes it different is that there are different ways to give your choice heroes either Red, Green, or Blue weapons/armor, and each grants different abilities. More coming soon!
Can Elon crash Twitter faster? I want something as big to replace it so I can promote my game there. I also need to actually do promotion this time, heh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wakkywack